BPL Community Profile

Jamie Shortt (jshortt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me I grew up in VA exploring and camping the woods around my house. As a teen in the 80's I learned how to backpack by reading books. Back then my pack weight was a respectable 27 lbs and I hit the woods every chance I got. Once adult life took over it was rare to take an overnighter. I faced several challenges during my middle age life and turned to the outdoors to restore me. As my knowledge and skills advanced, my base weight dropped to below 5 lbs. With this came a freedom that I had never experienced before.
CityHolly Springs
StateNC
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.LytW8.com
My PDF Gear ListJamie Shortt 3 Season Gear List - 4lb Base

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jamie Shortt

Showing 741 - 746 of 746 | Page: 1 ...56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Forum » Thread

Inov-8 Sizing?
I can not find a local dealer for Inov-8 shoes so I think I'm going to risk ordering over the internet and hope they fit. I normally wear a street 9.5 or running/trail shoe of 10. Should I size...

In GEAR » Inov-8 Sizing?
March 02, 1:24pm

Hiking Distance Estimates
I'm wondering if anyone has figured out a good system for estimating hiking distance capabilities. My preference is to start hiking about an hour after the sun starts to rise and end the day ab...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking Distance Estimates
February 09, 4:28am

My Current Gear List - Please Review
I should add that I am looking to build a light weight kit capable of 3+ seasons in East Coast Mountains. I usually go solo and hike 15 miles/day depending on length of day and topography. My numbe...

In Gear Lists » My Current Gear List - Please Review
January 27, 5:58am

My Current Gear List - Please Review
Here is my current gear list. I used it recently in the Shenandoah NP with one night in low 30's and another night in low 20's. I was comfortable both nights. Note I only took both pads bec...

In Gear Lists » My Current Gear List - Please Review
January 25, 6:50pm

Montbell Sleeping Bag Cover
correction...the sleeping bag I was using was not a Helium it was a Marmot Hydrogen.

In GEAR » Sleeping bag cover
January 20, 7:08pm

Montbell Sleeping Bag Cover
Well here goes my first post... Thomas, I too had the same questions and had trouble finding first hand experience so I will share mine... though its limited. Wanting to take the next step in...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag cover
January 20, 8:30am

All Reader Reviews by Jamie Shortt

Jamie Shortt has posted no reviews.