Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joshua Mitchell (jdmitch) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Kansas
About Me Joshua Mitchell has not added a biography yet.
CityLawrence
StateKansas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 741 - 750 of 845 | Page: 1 ...66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85

Forum » Thread

Swiss Tech "key"
I've been meaning to grab one of those. I figure if I keep it on my key chain, and toss my keys in my bag, TSA isn't likely to squawk about it...

In GEAR » Ultralight multitool?
December 05, 8:22am

Leatherman Squirt
I don't know about it's usefulness for screwing down bindings, but I LOVE the Radioshack-edition squirt that I have. Extra useful, for me but not for camping, as the pliers are multi-guage wire str...

In GEAR » Ultralight multitool?
December 03, 1:39pm

Re: Pads / Dead Air Space
The problems with large holes in pads is that as the holes get bigger, the isulating ability of the 'dead' air is reduced as the air no longer becomes 'dead' it's got enough space to move around ev...

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
December 01, 8:48am

Vick's Solution, and an Idea to use the Ti Esbit without carving it...
Vick, Have you posted pictures of the setups you just described? I can't seem to picture what you're describing. David, I just had a flash of something that I think 'might' solve the need to n...

In Make Your Own Gear » 62 gram (2.2 oz) Esbit stove w/24 oz pot
November 30, 9:43pm

"Stake weight doesn't count" Well, that depends...
"As for using the rods instead of my tarp stakes... the beauty of the stakes is that I don't count them in my stove weight :) If I use the dedicated rods... they will count." However, the questi...

November 30, 5:58pm

mcmaster carr and onlinemetals
go to mcmaster.com and put stainless foil in the search field, 0.002" SS Foil also, do the rods flex to much to use them as your pot supports in place of the stakes? What if you put in three (in...

November 29, 8:50pm

Gear Decision Matrix...
Vick, Familiar with that two-column setup. It was part of a project management class I just took. We used it when we got to Risk Management. Great tool, for Risk Management nice insight on usign ...

In GEAR » esbit vs. alcohol?
November 26, 9:17am

Al Wood Stove - Ver 2
Bill, The other night, I was wondering... if you wanted to lighten up version two... Have you tried punching holes in the bottom of can #2 (the middle one) in leiu of using a SS grate? I kno...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1.2oz Wood Stove
November 21, 5:51am

Re: Wood Stoves
ditto Bill's comment about trying lots of ways to light it. Lighting a fire can be an essential outdoor skill, see which way works best with your stove and make sure you can run a backup with ot...

In GEAR » Wood Stoves
November 21, 5:44am

Oh, one more thing for ryan
Since you obviously have a digicam, pics are a must... ;)

In GEAR » Wood Stoves
November 20, 8:54am

All Reader Reviews by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
This is my first Merino T-Shirt (though I have a couple other manufacturers). Wore it a few days straight in super-hot/humid Boy Scout Summer Camp... little to no smell... way comfortable... man I lik...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
July 20, 12:54pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Got mine (Auto-Ignition) a couple years ago as my Xmas present to myself (single engineers have money...), loved it ever since.

In Stoves - Canister
August 02, 11:28am