Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hk Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Mostly 2 to 3 day loops, with a couple weeklong trips too, ... thinking about multi-week.

I'll update my gear list tomorrow ...
CityThe Gila
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hk Newman

Showing 741 - 750 of 1450 | Page: 1 ...66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ...145

Forum » Thread

Re: Happy/Hatch/Dirty Devil hike and packraft
Neat trip and enjoyed the photos. I'm noticing both long pants and shorts. Did the temps vary and did you feel cold in the water?

In Post-Trip Reports » Happy/Hatch/Dirty Devil hike and packraft
March 22, 8:32am

Re: Aero-Gel
I have some "Toasty Feet" insoles made of aero-gel for snowshoeing but they are not supportive in anyway. Most other hiker-oriented insoles are rigid with a pronounced arch. Not these b...

In GEAR » Aero-Gel
March 22, 12:11am

Gila Middle to West Fork loop via Meadows
My plan was to visit the Gila after 5 years (last year a fire shut it completely down) and guide another backpacker in his first trip in often submerged Middle Fork trail. Traditional hiking boots...

In Post-Trip Reports » Gila Middle to West Fork loop via Meadows
March 21, 9:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It's the same
Backpacking is a fairly expensive sport to enter with the initial gear outlay with a minimum amount of calories expended to stay on the trail. Not to be confused with the typical homeless who ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Homeless campsites---how are they different from wilderness campsites?
March 21, 4:45pm

Re: Local Wally World carrying Mountain House
They've had them for awhile with 12 grams of fiber per serving (see tp thread) but there is some local differences in availability.

In Gear Deals » Local Wally World carrying Mountain House
March 21, 11:44am

Re: Re: Engineered cat holes
If only a pinch of fertilizer is needed, The "deposit" itself is actually fertilizer, though modern man bags it from cows and markets it as manure through ye olde' big box home i...

In GEAR » Still going without tp?
March 21, 11:40am

Re: Homeless campsites---how are they different from wilderness campsites?
The difference is traditional backpackers and travelers usually save for their "expeditions", while the true homeless are out there by lack of choice, mostly addictions, other mental illn...

In Philosophy & Technique » Homeless campsites---how are they different from wilderness campsites?
March 21, 11:22am

Re: map sources please
Here's the map I downloaded a little over a month ago, though check the rangers to see if the closure areas are in effect. There's also a logging order. I'll be there in a few weeks m...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Good Southern New Mexico Backcountry?
March 16, 12:37pm

Re: Spring Snow Trekking Gear List
Interesting, especially in the few clothing pieces vs. the multilayered clothing lists seen in other publications; still think most prefer having an above snow shelter system for more enjoyment in...

In Editor's Roundtable » Spring Snow Trekking Gear List
March 13, 8:14am

Re: Re: Re: Good Southern New Mexico Backcountry?
Bonito is mostly open but the trails and campsites south of there are closed (just looking at the latest maps). The Gila is getting some snow but the Rangers on the phone say there's not much ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Good Southern New Mexico Backcountry?
March 08, 5:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Hk Newman

Hk Newman has posted no reviews.