Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hk Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Mostly 2 to 3 day loops, with a couple weeklong trips too, ... thinking about multi-week.

I'll update my gear list tomorrow ...
CityThe Gila
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hk Newman

Showing 741 - 750 of 1472 | Page: 1 ...66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ...148

Forum » Thread

Re: Canister failure: has this happened to you?
I've had a couple canisters from a well-known company leak, both during the initial light-up and when unscrewing it. The former being the worse since it was accompanied by flare-ups. Basical...

In GEAR » Canister failure: has this happened to you?
April 07, 9:42pm

Re: ?!?!
According to my calculator he's been rocking an average of 3 miles a day. If he is the same guy I read about in an article, he works in a place for awhile to buy more gear and provisions, g...

April 05, 3:21pm

Re: Adventure Medical Kits
Yeah at a certain point, certain posts need to be continued in Chaff, but it's a legit point. If someone requires first aid on the trail with trauma requiring assistance, their blood and o...

In GEAR » Adventure Medical Kits
April 05, 9:34am

Re: Winter travel tool
Large Leatherman tool. May need to look at my Micra now that I no longer take it regular backpacks.

In Winter Hiking » Winter travel tool
April 04, 9:07pm

Re: Is there something you eat in the backcountry that you don't eat otherwise?
Ramen (as a pre-dinner soup - the "good stuff"), hot chocolate, bagels, candy bars, jerky, and various trail mixes/GORP-type stuff. Plus the occasional Mountain House.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Is there something you eat in the backcountry that you don't eat otherwise?
April 04, 9:06pm

Re: Re: No car for me
I just realised there are two post hike threads going on :-) Got resurrected from 2 years ago. I'd love to go with no car but in the American desert or Rockies, a vehicle is usually the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post-hike rituals
April 03, 6:13pm

Re: New gear tested: good and bad news
On the bad news bivy, do you think it may have to do with being out in an open area in the cold? Maybe a nearby tree canopy to try it out again before modifying the bivy.

In Gear Lists » My 1+ Season dream list is almost complete!
April 03, 5:04pm

Re: Post hike rituals- gear maintenance
I prefer to stay out a few days minimum when possible, so the gear remains in the pack all little while longer. After a few days, some more hours won't hurt it. Clothing, I'll usually pul...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post hike rituals- gear maintenance
April 03, 12:31pm

Re: Writing Style
Good info but your sentences are too long. About 14 words is an average limit to a typical sentence in English. Blogs should reflect the personality of the writer but run-on sentences are a killer.

In Gear Lists » My guide on packing light for an overnight winter backcountry hut trip
April 02, 11:36am

Re: 3 Passes Route (extended version), Arthurs Pass, New Zealand
Good stuff. Sounds like an adventure with all the river crossings, etc... The second trip report I've seen mention the rough conditions of NZ.

In Post-Trip Reports » 3 Passes (extended version) Route, Arthurs Pass, New Zealand
April 02, 7:28am

All Reader Reviews by Hk Newman

Hk Newman has posted no reviews.