BPL Community Profile

HK Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me To paraphrase Pulp Fiction- I'm a dyneema grid man. Are you a dyneema grid man, Jimmy?
CityDuke City
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by HK Newman

Showing 741 - 750 of 1221 | Page: 1 ...66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ...123

Forum » Thread

Re: McHale Bump goes to a Secret Place
Great report and except for established trails, there should be secret places. Especially enjoy the "cowboy camping" TRs from California. Pretty nice to wake up to the sun vs a piece of...

In Post-Trip Reports » McHale Bump goes to a Secret Place
March 06, 12:59pm

Exercise
Exercise feels good on it's own, but think we can overdo anything though. An alternative might be to incorporate it into the daily routine, though walkable neighborhoods and safe biking lanes ...

In Chaff » Exercise as a chore or a hobby perhaps?
March 05, 11:28am

Re: Forest Service to Drop Adventure Pass Fee
I read the decision being related to unimproved facilities, the law interpreted as someone should be able to simply park their car for free on an unimproved lot/side of road and take a hike, but us...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Forest Service to Drop Adventure Pass Fee
March 02, 8:42pm

Patagonia
A friend has a Patagonia jacket that's still going strong but faded since the mid 80's. Just remember to clean the melted cheese off that thing once in awhile (jeez).

In GEAR » Patagonia-Just curious
March 01, 10:11am

Debt
That's why Americans vote a Republican in office about half the time - the debt gets magically solved. Reagan and Bush I (12 years) - the national debt is not a problem because ... Clint...

In Chaff » This is why I have kids
March 01, 9:57am

Re: Patagonia Hate
Price has always been the main bone of contention, though their competitors can get pretty highly priced too (just got a Montane eVent shell = ouch)

In GEAR » Patagonia-Just curious
February 29, 9:15pm

Re: RE: How many changes of clothes do you bring
Usually a Capilene shirt and Kuhl brand pants with a little stretch (replace with surprisingly drafty Patagonia rock climber pants for summer which roll up to shorts). Packed? Just a pair of RE...

In GEAR » How many changes of clothes do you bring?
February 28, 8:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Just Got Robbed Today -
They probably figure if a traveler needs extra pages with all those flights, $82 won't be a problem. Got to keep all those artist employed embossing those symbols into the paper too.

In Chaff » Just Got Robbed Today -- by My Own Government!!
February 28, 8:19pm

Re: Hiking Hells Canyon Rim to Rim
Greener than most photos I've seen posted from trips at this locale. Thanks.

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking Hells Canyon Rim to Rim
February 28, 6:58pm

Re: Just Got Robbed Today -- by My Own Government!!
$82? Pfft. Just tape some extra notebook paper in there and surprise the customs officials on your next trip with your ingenuity.

In Chaff » Just Got Robbed Today -- by My Own Government!!
February 28, 6:56pm

All Reader Reviews by HK Newman

HK Newman has posted no reviews.