BPL Community Profile

Adan Lopez (Lopez) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Gabriel Valley
About Me I dont own a scale or spend alot on gear, still I manage an 8lb base thanks to you good BPLers. Enjoyment is the goal here, which means light gear is important as is "lightness of mind". Kit must not be complex, fragile or expensive.
CitySan Dimas
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adan Lopez

Showing 741 - 750 of 874 | Page: 1 ...66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ...88

Forum » Thread

Good to know..
Thanks guys. I think I'll stick to your advise and leave them in the wrapper. Good tip on making my hands are dry too! is that the same when handling the tablets, make sure I dont have wet hands?

In GEAR » Shelf life of Repackaged Micropur
May 14, 9:54pm

Yeah same here
I live in San Dimas, over by Covina or Pomona. I flyfished the San Gabriels for 5 years and then mostly in the Sierras another 10. It would be cool to meet some of you locals and show you a few thi...

In Fishing » Southern california fishing help
May 14, 9:14pm

Anyone? Micropur?
Anyone have experience with this?

May 14, 8:55pm

Shelf life of Repackaged Micropur
I want to avoid carrying all the Micropur packaging. My hikes range from 5-10 days. I want to remove the wrappers and put the tablets into a pill box the day before the trip. Is this a bad idea? Do...

May 14, 9:57am

Air mattress for stream crossing...
I'm trying to think of a scenario where doing this might NOT end in a disaster...Oh I got one! inflate it inside your pack so if you lose it at least it will float!

In Chaff » Air mat for river crossing?
May 13, 11:41pm

Fishing is easy and cheap!
I am a flyfisherman, so i dont bait fish often anymore. But man it was tough wading in freezing water for hours flailing a line back and forth trying to avoid hooking my ears while my buddies sat o...

In Fishing » Catch trout - no skills, cheap gear
May 13, 11:21pm

Conquistador style
whats wrong with going conquistador style and fastening them to your belt? Maybe somebody would challenge you to a duel so you may want to catch up on some basic fencing moves.

In GEAR » Ok, stupid question time
May 13, 10:59pm

Chose Chantry Flat...
I turned out to be a perfect location for a kid's first time. Shaded the whole way, the inclines were mild but enough in spots to make the kid really feel like a mountaineer. Yes it was crowded...

In Post-Trip Reports » Know a good LA hike for a kid?
May 12, 6:00pm

Baby tent
What about using some foam and one of those tiny kids tents? They usually have them in the toy section for 20 bucks. They dont weight much and the one that I've seen had alot of mesh on top. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Baby trekker (15m) needs sleep system
May 12, 2:03pm

Sunglasses for Wading
Nobody has mentioned sunglasses. Flyfishing has taught me that polarized sunglasses are extremely helpful for crossing rivers safely. The more you see of the bottom, the less you have to move your ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Fast Water Solo Stream Crossings - Looking for Best Practice Solo Method/Techniques
May 12, 11:12am

All Reader Reviews by Adan Lopez

Adan Lopez has posted no reviews.