Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Adan Lopez (Lopez) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Gabriel Valley
About Me I dont own a scale or spend alot on gear, still I manage an 8lb base thanks to you good BPLers. Enjoyment is the goal here, which means light gear is important as is "lightness of mind". Kit must not be complex, fragile or expensive.
CitySan Dimas
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adan Lopez

Showing 741 - 750 of 915 | Page: 1 ...66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ...92

Forum » Thread

Makes sense
Good point Ken. I dont go too many places that are so crowded so I hadnt thought of that.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3-4 openings for Rae Lakes loop 8/12-8/15
July 22, 2:34pm

Bear Cannisters
The only can i have is the big Bear Vault, 2lbs 9oz or something like that. Out of curiosity, I poked around a bit and found that there are bear lockers all over the trails we'll be walking. Ar...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3-4 openings for Rae Lakes loop 8/12-8/15
July 22, 2:03pm

Gift
Matt, Paul may have been offering the pocket rocket as a gift.

In GEAR » Getting some new gear
July 21, 6:02pm

Plantar Fascitis
Wow. Sorry to hear about that, right before a trip too. +1 on the orthotics. I got them for my daughter and it helped her soccer game almost immediately. No pain during the very next game. Good luck!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » time to develop plantar fasciitis?
July 21, 4:58pm

Maps
I download all of mine from usgs.gov for free and then Staples prints them for me large paper for a couple bucks a piece. I usually zoom in on the area i will be traveling and make semi custom maps...

In Gear Swap » WTB: 7.5-minute (detailed) topo maps, anywhere in Sierras
July 21, 12:25pm

Geocaching as a training excercise?
Any thoughts on using geocaching to hone navigational skills with map and compass? I'm looking for ways of testing my abilities to read coordinates, triangulate, take bearings from maps and ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Geocaching as a training excercise?
July 20, 5:25pm

Standing by
I'd like it if sale falls thru for any reason.

In Gear Swap » Golite jam 2 mens L grease
July 20, 4:39pm

cowboy coffee
and i can use any coffee-maker type grounds for this?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The Best Camp Coffee
July 20, 11:55am

Fast drying shoes, wp socks, hydropel
Just to beat a dead horse... I wear fast drying shoes and thin polypro socks which works pretty well. The system did fail me once when I neglected to stop and clean the dirt out of my shoes. the...

In GEAR » Is non-waterproof footwear really better?
July 20, 10:57am

I want somathat
Ok, so I'll bite. How do you do it Daniel? How do you make the perfect cup of cowboy coffee? I actually enjoy instant, it reminds me of drinking roadside instant nescafe with goats milk and ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The Best Camp Coffee
July 19, 10:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Adan Lopez

Adan Lopez has posted no reviews.