BPL Community Profile

Adan Lopez (Lopez) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Gabriel Valley
About Me I dont own a scale or spend alot on gear, still I manage an 8lb base thanks to you good BPLers. Enjoyment is the goal here, which means light gear is important as is "lightness of mind". Kit must not be complex, fragile or expensive.
CitySan Dimas
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adan Lopez

Showing 741 - 750 of 860 | Page: 1 ...66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86

Forum » Thread

interested
I'll take the following: $4.00 per pair The North Face Scree Gaiter II LARGE $6.50 a 1 liter Platypus (new in pkg) $6.00 a 1 liter Platypus (filled up once at home, but never used on a trip...

In Gear Swap » My first closet cleaning
April 29, 7:25pm

sold
I'll take it. paypal?

In Gear Swap » FS Beyond Backpacking by Ray Jardine
April 28, 1:26pm

Deet and Sunblock mix
so how much deet/repellent do you put into your sunblock? do you have a ratio/mix that works for you? or do you just put a few drops in and call it good enough?

In GEAR » All-in-one Sunblock/Lipbalm/lotion
April 27, 4:45pm

WTB 2XL Down Jacket and Wind Jacket
Lightweight down jacket (under 16oz) and lightweight breathable wind shell(under 12oz) wanted in 2XL.

In Gear Swap » WTB 2XL Down Jacket and Wind Jacket
April 27, 3:29pm

Good point
Also the times when there are bugs and sun, applying deet under the sunblock is probably not as effective as having it mixed in. do you think?

April 27, 2:58pm

Deet, Hydropel and Dermatone
I like the idea of mixing deet into the sunscreen. however, seems like you'll waste either sunscreen or deet each time you use it. So deet in a dropper, dermatone for sunscreen and lip balm, hy...

April 27, 2:07pm

Vaseline as a firestarted
I did not try soaking a material in it. I just put a glob on the table and put a flame to it. it just melted.

April 27, 1:58pm

Deet micro dropper?
Ive wondered about this. typically i spray repellent onto my hair, and clothing around my head to keep bugs off. i also spray around my lower pants, socks, shoes to keep the ticks off. with a dropp...

April 27, 10:54am

Oversimplifying snow temperatures
Okay, so like many other aspects of UL, a simple and reliable calculation based on conditions expected is not really possible/practical. Too many variables and too many difference of opinion. I...

In GEAR » Neoair vs. Space Blanket
April 26, 4:09pm

So one R-value is good for virtually all snow camping?
I used my BA insulated aircore and z-lite on snow once, it felt fine in that case with the temp falling to only 35f. So this same setup should work fine even if temps drop down to 25f or 15f? th...

In GEAR » Neoair vs. Space Blanket
April 26, 3:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Adan Lopez

Adan Lopez has posted no reviews.