BPL Community Profile

Arapiles . (Arapiles) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Arapiles . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Arapiles .

Showing 741 - 750 of 770 | Page: 1 ...58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77

Forum » Thread

Re: Japanese Maps
I have the 3D maps: my kids use them as a flying game because you can "fly" over the terrain at your choice of speed, inlcuding mach 1.5. Not sure why that's an option for hikers but...

In Photo Gallery » Hiking in Tokyo? [pics]
April 22, 7:00am

Re: miguel, thanks, question?
My Japanese maps and guide books are in storage in Yamanashi so I can't check the publishers etc. In any case, as you say Kinokuniya should have a good range of maps and guides. Some of the m...

April 22, 5:03am

Re: Hiking in Tokyo? [pics]
Hi Brett Is that Takao-san? It's a pity that the LP guide is the only real guide book available on Japan because there were serious flaws in nearly every walk I did out of it over a peri...

April 21, 6:34am

Re: Was this too light???
Just to be clear, the guys in the photo are not the ones that died - the three Scots involved were two friends and the son of one of the older men. These are links with their names etc. http://...

In On the Web » Was this too light???
March 19, 2:06pm

Re: Re: Re: eVent windproof
I use Paclite for winter alpine walks, in temperatures down to what I know was -14 C. A jacket with a thin face fabric does feel colder than a thicker one, but I had less condensation problems wit...

In GEAR » Windshirts -- Breathability vs. Wind Blocking
March 17, 5:04am

Re: eVENT air permeable
Hi Tom I'd just found that article and was going to post the link - I guess it is the one I was thinking of - but I recall the article I read as being more pointed about a fabric that bubble...

March 16, 6:39pm

Re: eVent windproof
There was an article on Outdoorsmagic (http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/default.asp?sp=&v=1) earlier this year which argued, with photos, that eVent WASN'T windproof. It was quite a negative ...

March 16, 5:39pm

Re: Richard, outlet Montbell down $130
"(You said you do most your camping in Summer, this should be enough, but I dont know your temperature extremes)" Depends where in Australia Richard is and where's he going to be u...

In GEAR » Do I flip a coin ?
March 11, 1:19pm

Re: REI in Tokyo
Hi Brett "Sounds like I would have spent a lot of time hanging out there.. "Interactive features include an indoor 45-foot-tall rock climbing pinnacle, .." The last time I was...

In GEAR » Snow Peak Gigapower Stove
February 27, 1:25pm

Re: Damian, weather is warm
Hi Brett No, the Tengudake which is one of the peaks of Yatsugatake. This year sounds unusually warm, even last winter when we were on Yatsugatake it was below -10C.

In GEAR » UL instep crampons? CMI, Grivel?
February 27, 1:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Arapiles .

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
I bought this light from Battery Junction for a ridiculously cheap price, at least when compared to what retailers charge for headlights in Australia. Because CR 123 batteries are so extraordinarlily...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 31, 6:16pm

Montbell Versalite
I tried this pack on in the store when they first came out in Japan last year. I love the look and features but like a lot of the Mont Bell packs I found the straps rubbed on my neck/shoulder muscles...

In Backpacks - External Frame
May 02, 3:11pm

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
(Actually I'd give it a 3.5 if that was an option.) I'm trying to replace a now very old Patagonia pneumatic anorak but the Houdini doesn't quite get there. Positives: it's very ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
April 05, 2:09pm