BPL Community Profile

Arapiles . (Arapiles) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Arapiles . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Arapiles .

Showing 741 - 750 of 772 | Page: 1 ...59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Best Deal
... but these guys do seem to: http://www.outdoormania.co.uk/ProductsByCategory.aspx?CategoryID=1

In Editor's Roundtable » 2007 Montane eVENT Quick-Fire Jacket REVIEW
April 25, 4:22pm

Re: Japanese Maps
Re: "Have you seen this interactive map site?" Those are the official Japanese survey maps which are what I used a lot of the time. But I didn't know that they were available o...

In Photo Gallery » Hiking in Tokyo? [pics]
April 22, 8:35am

Re: Japanese Maps
I have the 3D maps: my kids use them as a flying game because you can "fly" over the terrain at your choice of speed, inlcuding mach 1.5. Not sure why that's an option for hikers but...

April 22, 7:00am

Re: miguel, thanks, question?
My Japanese maps and guide books are in storage in Yamanashi so I can't check the publishers etc. In any case, as you say Kinokuniya should have a good range of maps and guides. Some of the m...

April 22, 5:03am

Re: Hiking in Tokyo? [pics]
Hi Brett Is that Takao-san? It's a pity that the LP guide is the only real guide book available on Japan because there were serious flaws in nearly every walk I did out of it over a peri...

April 21, 6:34am

Re: Was this too light???
Just to be clear, the guys in the photo are not the ones that died - the three Scots involved were two friends and the son of one of the older men. These are links with their names etc. http://...

In On the Web » Was this too light???
March 19, 2:06pm

Re: Re: Re: eVent windproof
I use Paclite for winter alpine walks, in temperatures down to what I know was -14 C. A jacket with a thin face fabric does feel colder than a thicker one, but I had less condensation problems wit...

In GEAR » Windshirts -- Breathability vs. Wind Blocking
March 17, 5:04am

Re: eVENT air permeable
Hi Tom I'd just found that article and was going to post the link - I guess it is the one I was thinking of - but I recall the article I read as being more pointed about a fabric that bubble...

March 16, 6:39pm

Re: eVent windproof
There was an article on Outdoorsmagic (http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/default.asp?sp=&v=1) earlier this year which argued, with photos, that eVent WASN'T windproof. It was quite a negative ...

March 16, 5:39pm

Re: Richard, outlet Montbell down $130
"(You said you do most your camping in Summer, this should be enough, but I dont know your temperature extremes)" Depends where in Australia Richard is and where's he going to be u...

In GEAR » Do I flip a coin ?
March 11, 1:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Arapiles .

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
I bought this light from Battery Junction for a ridiculously cheap price, at least when compared to what retailers charge for headlights in Australia. Because CR 123 batteries are so extraordinarlily...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 31, 6:16pm

Montbell Versalite
I tried this pack on in the store when they first came out in Japan last year. I love the look and features but like a lot of the Mont Bell packs I found the straps rubbed on my neck/shoulder muscles...

In Backpacks - External Frame
May 02, 3:11pm

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
(Actually I'd give it a 3.5 if that was an option.) I'm trying to replace a now very old Patagonia pneumatic anorak but the Houdini doesn't quite get there. Positives: it's very ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
April 05, 2:09pm