BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 731 - 740 of 1137 | Page: 1 ...65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ...114

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Ruta Locura Wasatch
ruta locura is having a sale on most items, fyi

In GEAR » Bivy sack
February 20, 11:31am

Re: Sleeping Bag for Wife
I would add Feathered Friends to your list. Your wife seems pretty small at those numbers so the WM Ultralite may still have a lot of loose space around her which will reduce it's efficiency a ...

In GEAR » help finding a lightweight, warm bag for my wife
February 20, 11:21am

Re: re: Thruway back pad
I noticed that too. With, what looks like, a much softer/lighter pad I wonder if the suspension will be adversely affected. Also, does this pack have stays of any kind, I don't recall readin...

In GEAR » MH Thruway 50 (out of the box)
February 20, 11:02am

replicas
While it would be awesome to have a goosefeet version...Loki has applied for a patent. Ben would be wise to not sell any similar items. Their designs are innovative enough that they'll likely b...

In GEAR » The ULTIMATE Minimalist Gear from OR 2012(Patagonia, Mountain Hardwear, Loki)
February 19, 8:35pm

Re: no dead bird.
The Alpha LT is cut to hip length so it should be long enough no problem. Of course the price tag is definitely painful. Just for the record I paid nowhere near that, found a good deal on a new wit...

In GEAR » Durable rain jacket?
February 19, 5:25pm

Re: more of a rounded jacket
What I meant was weekends in the woods. In the city your clothes won't get nearly as much dirt on them, and even if you did fall into a mud pit cleaning is much easier than if your 20 miles fro...

In Make Your Own Gear » A rain jacket that relies on the fabric?
February 19, 5:19pm

Midi Micro Fleece
Now this is definitely interesting: http://www.lokigear.com/product_detail.php?id=C115 9 oz for a hoody fleece, that also just happens to have mitts and and their very useful face shield. Tha...

In GEAR » The ULTIMATE Minimalist Gear from OR 2012(Patagonia, Mountain Hardwear, Loki)
February 19, 4:49pm

Re: Re: LOKI
The jacket would be nice for trail runners or day hiking though. In a pinch you have complete hand/torso protection. Granted there are other systems probably cheaper and lighter, but definitely not...

February 19, 4:43pm

Re: Backpack between 3-4 lbs
If you currently have a pack less than 65L, albeit heavy, I would suggest you focus on lightening your other gear first. General wisdom on this site is to buy the pack last once you know what size ...

In GEAR » Backpack between 3-4 lbs
February 19, 2:52pm

Re: Keep it clean and it will last longer
Steven's right. Also take GT's gear report with a grain of salt. While I have the utmost respect for her long term commitment to living outdoors she is very hard on her gear. I think she...

In Make Your Own Gear » A rain jacket that relies on the fabric?
February 19, 2:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.