BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 731 - 740 of 1162 | Page: 1 ...65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ...117

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: really?
I did some quick calculations based off the given dimensions of the bags. Since Zpacks is basically an envelope and GG uses more of a box shape, for fabric area I get: GG .33sqft @ standard .74...

In GEAR » Zpacks vs MLD vs GG cuben fiber dry bags
February 23, 11:50am

Re: packs
Even if the numbers aren't entirely accurate, they are different enough between the two packs to be useful. The Mariposa has total volume of 59L with main compartment of 46L, leaving 13L for...

In GEAR » Mariposa+/Circuit
February 23, 11:24am

Re: Mariposa+/Circuit
http://gossamergear.com/packs/backpacks/mariposa-plus-ultralight-backpack.html http://www.ula-equipment.com/circuit.asp

In GEAR » Mariposa+/Circuit
February 23, 10:37am

Re: Re: why bivi
From rab's product description of the Latok Base: "Single skin eVentĀ® waterproof fabric 3-4 Person TENT with 4 Poles / 7 cross over point geodesic design" Just Brits speaking t...

In GEAR » New Bivvys from Rab
February 23, 10:22am

Re: why bivi
Because the word "bivouac" generally refers to any temporary structure (usually in a military context) and not just to the items of gear that we call bivy sacks which are a type of shelte...

In GEAR » New Bivvys from Rab
February 23, 10:20am

Fear
Trying to finish the video and I just get this sense of immense fear from the narrator. He has so many backups and backups for his backups. Looking at his light selections I can't help but r...

In Gear Lists » Heavy Gear List
February 23, 12:38am

Re: re
I agree Greg. Now granted I stopped watching at around the 8 minute mark. He had already pulled out machete, a 4" or so fixed blade knife for batoning, a folding saw, full size leatherman, and...

In Gear Lists » Heavy Gear List
February 23, 12:27am

Re: Zpacks carrying pertex quantum
Connor, the fairer comparison would be with Thru-Hiker's M90 (same price point and both around 1.0 oz/yd^2 whereas m50 is noticeably lighter). Honestly I think at this point we are splitting...

In Make Your Own Gear » Zpacks carrying pertex quantum
February 22, 10:56pm

Re: Inov-8 Bare-Grip 200
The mud and gravel it will handle well because it has great big lugs reminiscent of cleats. Flat hard dirt will be like walking on stilts. Where I live I see mostly flat hard dirt, even x-country (...

In GEAR » Inov-8 Bare-Grip 200
February 22, 10:36pm

Re: R-values for uninflated air mats?
Pretty much only foam core mattresses will have some r value, though minimal (specifics would require testing data that I don't have and can't acquire). The reflective coatings really on...

In GEAR » R-values for uninflated air mats?
February 22, 12:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.