Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 731 - 740 of 1232 | Page: 1 ...65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ...124

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BD Z Poles. Carbon or Aluminum
Always good to have at least one penny pincher in the household. That said surprisingly BPL has a lot of useful information. You may be able to convince from the MYOG perspective. If you have ac...

In GEAR » BD Z Poles. Carbon or Aluminum
March 13, 12:00am

Re: Re: Re: Recommend a small pack
The Hornet 32/46 fits size small fits down to 16 inches, as does the Talon 33 (so I assume the 44 as well). The hornet has a framesheet and delrin stays which may or may not work. You can get it th...

In GEAR » Recommend a small pack
March 12, 11:56pm

Re: Camera bag
I agree with some of the other posts. If you want to keep moisture off while using that's a different beast than simple storage. The easiest to implement, lightest, and probably overall best...

In Make Your Own Gear » Machining Magnets
March 12, 4:43pm

Re: hipbelt pull preference?
Don't worry about ladderloc failure. In the rare event it happens, the webbing is still attached to the hipbelt on one side. So you just tie a stopper not at a useful length and the your hipbel...

In GEAR » hipbelt pull preference?
March 12, 3:57pm

Re: Tungsten carbide rotary blade
The olfa looks pretty much just like an oversized glass cutter. Glass cutters are generally made of tungsten carbide, only with tiny wheels. Using the olfa on the glass will dull the cutter much...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tungsten carbide rotary blade
March 12, 12:26pm

Re: Re: Magnets
Are you making a water resistant housing for your DSLR? If so, look at using thin CCF like the evazote sold by prolitegear. It's very light, provides some padding against bumps, CHEAP, and dura...

March 12, 11:47am

Re: Magnets
Actually magnets aren't nearly as much of a problem for electronics anymore. They were a bigger issue when electronics were mostly analog, using magnetic data storage, and CRT monitors. Many ar...

March 12, 11:41am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Extremtextil
Yes, I am looking to make a thruway clone (I still haven't seen one in person though and still pretty content with my Talon 44). Fabric wise I haven't decided yet. I like the thruway for it...

In Make Your Own Gear » Light BPack Fabric
March 12, 11:25am

Re: Re: which bag - WM or FF?
Stephen's right. I used to think I was cold sleeper until I upgraded to a warmer pad. I had a "10F" bag that I froze in at 40F (it's probably a realistic 20F bag). I had an old pr...

In GEAR » which bag - WM or FF?
March 11, 10:07pm

Re: Inov8
Matt, you bring up a good point on the tread. Inov8 is a british company and they designed their shoes for fell running. That's their lineage. What this means is basically their shoes are great...

In GEAR » Inov-8s
March 11, 9:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.