Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 731 - 740 of 916 | Page: 1 ...65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: sewing machine
This sewing machine is cheap, but looks good, with a 25 year warranty what do you think, will it work for sewing with lightweight fabrics? (cuben, 1.1oz & 0.8oz ripstop) Brother Sewing Machi...

In Make Your Own Gear » What sewing machine to buy??
November 12, 11:15am

Re: Re: 3D vs Delta vs Exeloft
sorry to throw exceloft back into the mix, I really havent been keeping up with this forum, but on the tag of my exceloft bag it says the following High Loft < > Superior Warmth Soft ...

In GEAR » Micro Puff Jacket vs.U.L.Thermawrap Parka
November 12, 7:13am

canister cozys???
Any way, a Anti gravity gear 3cup bowl cozy may work for a MSR 8oz feul canister.(modified) and a mini solo cozy modified may work for the smaller snow peak canisters according to Bill...

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
November 11, 3:32pm

Re: Re: Stove and fuel (white gas vs. canister
Curt is correct about canister stoves, they work best in high altitudes, but if they get cold they tend to die. (has happend to me at about 10-15 degrees) I dont know if there is any canister cozie...

November 11, 3:16pm

Re: Pillow
I use platypus bottles as pillows

In GEAR » The Ultimate UL Pillow?
November 11, 12:49pm

Re: Cuben Material
thanks again

In Gear Lists » Bill's SUL Gear List
November 10, 8:23pm

Re: Cuben Material
Bill I can tell you are getting a little annoied with all my questions, but you have answerd enough to keep me quite for a while. thanks a million.

November 10, 8:03pm

Re: Bill's SUL Gear List
sorry for all the ?`s Bill, but I am looking forward to making my own gear and need some advice.(and the cubenfiber site confuses me)

November 10, 7:29pm

Re: Bill's SUL Gear List
thanks, once I get a sewing machine and get the feel for it this will be one of my first projects. so I guess there is no .2oz fabric??? can you use cuben in the baffles?? cuben is not bre...

November 10, 7:04pm

Re: VBL
very interesting question Jacob. I think the montbell Breeze dry tec jacets are supposed to be very breathable but still wind proof so if worn inside out may serve as a VBL layer???????

November 10, 6:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm