Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joshua Mitchell (jdmitch) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Kansas
About Me Joshua Mitchell has not added a biography yet.
CityLawrence
StateKansas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 731 - 740 of 845 | Page: 1 ...65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85

Forum » Thread

Matches
Nice tip on the matches, Vick. I'll have to remember to pass that on to our scouts. You drop the whole box (with the box) at once? or dump the box in and let them soak? Ryan, If you don't ha...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1.5oz wood stove
December 15, 7:30am

I was wondering when you'd get around to trying that...
Vick, You are the one that mentioned using chopped up clothes hangers in a similar fashion, correct? Using the rods is something I've kicked around ever since reading your post and seeing the r...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium tent stakes: get them lighter
December 15, 7:26am

Ditto on the 'kits'
don't forget to include the maxima and the minima

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY kits included in round-ups?
December 14, 8:52am

Better option at $3 (possibly)
Countycomm.com - SO-LED Comes with swiveling clip (rather than keychain), On/off slide switch, and other colors to sub into the clip are only $1

In Make Your Own Gear » Making the Photon light easier to find
December 13, 1:53pm

Ti - Wood Stove?
Yukio, Nice work on that stove. It reminds me of an idea I had once for a ti-wood stove... (because of the comment of two ti cups) Did you use Snowpeak Single Cups?

In Make Your Own Gear » Aluminum "Flat Fold" Cook Pot
December 13, 7:06am

Didn't mean to 'forget' Andy
Just a clarification, I have Andy in my 'Tyvek' links for my own personal use. As far as I know, he's a great guy. (Certainly, someone who would go through the trouble of buying an entire roll a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tyvek as a tarp?
December 12, 7:09am

Sources for Tyvek
Dancing Light Gear - Standard Housewrap Backpacker Camper - Standard Housewrap (I think) (Also sells tyvek ponchos) Into the Wind - 1422R 1.15oz "Kite Tyvek" Quest Outfitters - 1443R 1.25...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tyvek as a tarp?
December 11, 7:49pm

Have you played with the 'simmering' feature yet?
well done, nice build.

In Make Your Own Gear » Make a ThermoJet MicroLite
December 10, 8:27am

Coat Hangers?
Coat hangers might work, if bent properly. Most of the wooodstoves I build are their own stands...

In GEAR » Wood Stoves
December 08, 7:07pm

Time Spent?
Hmm... don't know, a few minutes here or there... Vick and I co-submitted, so a lot of the time was spent waiting for emails to go back and forth.

In Gear Lists » BPL Gear List Spreadsheet CONTEST
December 05, 12:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
This is my first Merino T-Shirt (though I have a couple other manufacturers). Wore it a few days straight in super-hot/humid Boy Scout Summer Camp... little to no smell... way comfortable... man I lik...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
July 20, 12:54pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Got mine (Auto-Ignition) a couple years ago as my Xmas present to myself (single engineers have money...), loved it ever since.

In Stoves - Canister
August 02, 11:28am