Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 721 - 730 of 1161 | Page: 1 ...64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ...117

Forum » Thread

Steripen - usage with soft sided container
I use the Nalgene wide mouth canteen with a cut off MSR coffee filter . The bottom of the coffee filter fits the wide mouth perfectly. I carry a scoop as well (bottom of a Platy) and Steripe...

In GEAR » Steripen - usage with soft sided container
July 28, 1:24pm

Making Garmin & NGTopo! play nice
Rick - I don't have NG topo but I'll give a suggestion that might help you out. I suspect the problem is that NG Topo doesn't have a set of symbols that map to the Garmin waypo...

In GEAR » Making Garmin & NGTopo! play nice
July 24, 9:17pm

Aleve vs Ibuprofin
Family Guy - I remembered one of your recent posts: >> If a person is looking for camp shoes, why offer an opinion as to not carry any? The OP is looking for types of camp shoes and di...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Aleve vs Ibuprofin
July 24, 1:39pm

Getting some new gear
Matt - I have the Fly Creek UL 1 and I always use a ground cloth. I would recommend that you buy a small tarp instead of the Fly Creek foot print. That will allow you to tarp camp if you f...

In GEAR » Getting some new gear
July 23, 6:13pm

Sleeping bag choices
I think it really depends on the features you are looking for. I'd never argue against a WM bag, they are at the top of the list when it comes to quality in my opinion. Unfortunately, it'...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag choices-Help me!
July 22, 12:33am

Merrel Moab Ventilators
My experience has been the same as Frank's. I've never worn out the soles of these shoes. The toe area is the place that fails but only after a lot of mileage. I'm on my third pair...

In GEAR » Merrel Moab Ventilators
July 21, 8:50pm

new garmins foretrex 301 and 401
I just got this back from Garmin Tech Support regarding the waypoint date errors on the Foretrex 301 and 401. "It looks like a fix for this issue will be implemented in the next software up...

In GEAR » new garmins foretrex 301 and 401
July 20, 10:14pm

Primus Micron...
The Primus Classic Trail is a big heavy burner. The Primus Micron Ti is a really good performer and very light weight but expensive (and doesn't have a built in igniter). If you can fi...

In GEAR » Help me Reduce my Base Weight!!!
July 20, 12:15am

WCT 2010 Gear List
Any type of gator will be fine. I never wear gators on the Vancouver Island coastal trails, I just don't walk in the deep mud. If you want to plow through the mud holes then you would nee...

In Gear Lists » WCT 2010 Gear List
July 18, 9:11pm

Waterproof socks...
I don't like wearing gortex socks while I hike because they make my feet sweat and I prefer the comfort of wool. I do however wear gortex socks in my wet hiking shoes when I'm in camp. ...

In GEAR » Is non-waterproof footwear really better?
July 18, 5:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm