BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 721 - 730 of 1103 | Page: 1 ...64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ...111

Forum » Thread

new garmins foretrex 301 and 401
RY - You can "Delete all Waypoints" in the "Setup" page. Just select Reset (last selection in setup) and there is a Delete All Waypoints item. That's also where you fin...

In GEAR » new garmins foretrex 301 and 401
April 29, 1:37pm

new garmins foretrex 301 and 401
I picked up the Fortrex 301 recently and have had a bit of time to try it out. I was looking for something a bit lighter/compact than my Etrex Vista Hcx and the 301 sounded like it might be what I...

In GEAR » new garmins foretrex 301 and 401
April 29, 1:52am

What Towel Do You Use?
MSR PackTowl - 1 oz. I carry one in my pants pocket for "dirty cleanup" (muck off hands, wipe down tent etc.) and keep one in my cook pot for cleanup and general utility related to foo...

In GEAR » What Towel Do You Use?
April 28, 1:35pm

MLD Burn
I should have mentioned that I test loaded the Burn with a standard weekend load of 16 lbs (total pack weight) and it was easily handled by the standard (unpadded) hip belt wings. I did have the ...

In GEAR » MLD Burn
April 22, 8:19am

MLD Burn...
I received mine last week but had to send it back to MLD for further customization. I did however have it long enough to pack up a typical short trip load into the Burn and I have to agree wit...

In GEAR » MLD Burn
April 22, 12:32am

Max Daily Mileage and Why?
Max Mileage - 31 miles Pack weight - approx 25 pounds (pre-enlightenment) Why - stupidity I took a wrong turn which added 10 miles on to my planned route. I had to walk the extra distance to ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Max Daily Mileage and Why?
April 21, 9:17am

Granite Gear Escape AC 60
I saw the Escape at an outdoor show recently and the Granite Gear Rep had one that was pulled apart to show the internal frame. The pack uses the Vapor Frame Sheet with a layer of fairly rigid...

In GEAR » Few Pics of Granite Gear Escape AC 60
April 21, 12:05am

MLD prophet - thoughts?
I don't have the Prophet but my Exodus has the same bungee cord setup and bottom volume reducer. I bought the Exodus for trips where I wanted to carry extra gear but ended up using it for weeke...

In GEAR » MLD prophet - thoughts?
April 19, 9:56pm

Montbell UL Super Spiral
The Super Spiral does have a full length zip. This was a concern when I ordered the bag because the website didn't mention the zipper. The zipper stops 16 inches from the bottom of the bag (...

In GEAR » Montbell Super Spiral
April 09, 12:39pm

Montbell UL Super Spiral
I forgot to follow up on this thread... I haven't had a chance to field test my new bag yet but I have to agree that it looks like a winner. My initial observations are that Montbell has...

In GEAR » Montbell Super Spiral
April 09, 1:12am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm