BPL Community Profile

Jamie Shortt (jshortt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me I grew up in VA exploring and camping the woods around my house. As a teen in the 80's I learned how to backpack by reading books. Back then my pack weight was a respectable 27 lbs and I hit the woods every chance I got. Once adult life took over it was rare to take an overnighter. I faced several challenges during my middle age life and turned to the outdoors to restore me. As my knowledge and skills advanced, my base weight dropped to below 5 lbs. With this came a freedom that I had never experienced before.
CityHolly Springs
StateNC
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.LytW8.com
My PDF Gear ListJamie Shortt 3 Season Gear List - 4lb Base

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jamie Shortt

Showing 721 - 730 of 746 | Page: 1 ...56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Forum » Thread

Stomach Sleepers
Just this past week I have been training myself to sleep on my back. Basically this just means forcing myself to sleep laying flat on my back in my normal bed. I think...that sleeping in a hooded b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stomach Sleepers?
June 06, 6:31pm

Wasn't me
Erik, Sorry, but the fellow that gave you a ride wasn't me. My truck is a gold/tan Nissan. Kinda funny though the picture below of me and my truck was taken a few miles from Newfound Gap on the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » My first sub 5 lb trip!
June 04, 5:45pm

I have a Med Golie Ion
I'm 5 feet 9.5 inches and weigh 155 lbs. I have a medium Ion and it worked well, but I'm probably close to the top for that size. Everytime my torso is measured I get a different answer, bu...

In GEAR » golite ion sizing
June 04, 5:24pm

My first sub 5 lb trip!
Thanks for all the kind replies. After reading post after post over the last six months and hesitating to post comments because everyone here is so knowledgeable I am grateful to be able to contrib...

May 29, 6:26pm

My Vargo Triad
Here is a shot of my Vargo early on a January morning cooking water for breakfast. The temp was low 20's. One amazing cup of instant coffee.... By the way...if you want to easily fill...

In GEAR » Vargo
May 28, 8:36pm

Vargo Triad
Interesting...I have a Vargo Triad stove and it has performed flawlessly for me in the field. I add 1 oz of alcohol, wrap a tin foil wind screen around it and use an Evernew .9 liter pot. I start i...

In GEAR » Vargo
May 28, 7:16pm

My first sub 5 lb trip!
Sven, One other item to note. The small bottle in the food picture contains 1.5 oz of Everclear. I take 1.5 oz per day and was drinking it in the photo by the fire (mixed with lemon flavor drink m...

May 28, 6:49pm

My first sub 5 lb trip
Wow thanks for all the replies and support. Sam - on comfort...I would say I was extremely comfortable. The only mistake I made was to drop my 1.5 oz fleece cap at the last minute. The weather c...

May 28, 6:33pm

5 lb Items
Todd, What you see in the first pic is everything I used. To my right in a montbell thermal sheet (14.5oz zippered down quilt) and sleeping pad. I supplimented this with a Montbell UL down jacket (...

May 27, 8:30pm

My first sub 5 lb trip!
Well I completed my first sub 5 pound trip (4 lbs 15 oz) this weekend. I spent 2.5 days in the Pisgah National forest covering 40.2 miles. Less than a year ago I started with gear that weighed arou...

May 27, 6:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Jamie Shortt

Jamie Shortt has posted no reviews.