BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 711 - 720 of 1060 | Page: 1 ...63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ...106

Forum » Thread

GPS Newbie
Selecting the "best" GPS depends on what features you want. The Colorado, Oregon and Dakota are aimed at the Geocaching market and have poor battery life and a pile of features that don&...

In GEAR » GPS Newbie
March 03, 8:15am

GPS Newbie
Miguel - The Garmin Hcx is a really good unit. If you are night hiking in dangerous terrain, I would suggest that a GPS is only useful if you have existing tracks to follow. A GPS will alw...

In GEAR » GPS Newbie
March 03, 12:25am

Vancouver 2010
@David - I picked mid June because of the tides... perfect for a walk that leaves Renfrew. A yo-yo would be amazing, if you decide to do it, let me know and I can help out with a re-supply (as lon...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Vancouver 2010
February 22, 7:31pm

Vancouver 2010
Dan - Maybe do a few test paddles on a Neoair :) I read somewhere that if you get into trouble on the trail when it's closed and you have to get hauled out, you pay the rescue cost. Some...

February 22, 1:59am

Vancouver 2010
>> Personally, if anyone thinks Vancouver is nice, they need to get out to Vancouver Island - amazing.<< Family Guy - I think you are mistaken, Vancouver is a MUCH nicer place to boo...

February 21, 9:43pm

Analyze my 2010 Gear List
>> Most of my hiking is in Alaska << With a clothing total of under 8 oz. and no rain gear or insulation layers, I'm not sure why you've listed this as a 3 season gear list. ...

In GEAR » Analyze my 2010 Gear List
February 20, 5:49pm

MLD Burn Pictures
Looks good! Could you post a shot of the load lifters? I'm curious about how Ron attached them. Only six or seven weeks to go for mine... :(

In GEAR » MLD Burn Pictures
February 16, 3:18pm

Cotton DOESN'T kill!!
>>...and the hikers actually SURVIVED without DYING!!!!!<< Yes but we also carried six changes of clothes!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your EARLIEST Digitized Backpacking Photo
February 16, 12:45am

MLD Burn...
I thought about adding them to my Exodus for the same reason but I think the tie in point of the shoulder straps on the MLD packs is a bit high to make them effective. Let us know how your load ...

In GEAR » Pimping MLD
February 12, 12:09am

MLD Burn...
Mine is on order as well. Of those that have ordered a Burn, did you ask for any customization? I see that Tom has asked for a removable belt. I have asked Ron to increase the size of the ...

In GEAR » Pimping MLD
February 11, 11:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm