BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 711 - 720 of 1103 | Page: 1 ...63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ...111

Forum » Thread

WCT 2010 Gear List
Since you are going to be taking a week to do the trail you will be sitting around camp quite a bit so you may want to take another warm top (puffy jacket?). August can be very nice but if the win...

In Gear Lists » WCT 2010 Gear List
June 03, 12:19am

hygiene
I take a small dropper bottle full of bio-degradable dish soap and use that for dishes, clothes, and body washups. My favourite piece of multi-purpose gear is my Outdoor Research Ultralite dry s...

In GEAR » hygiene
May 28, 12:39am

Value of substantial suspension
>>-a framed pack, assuming it fits, will transfer weight and provide more load stability than any frameless pack. A LOT more.<< That's what the gear shops have told me but my fie...

In GEAR » Value of substantial suspension
May 25, 8:43am

Value of substantial suspension
It wouldn't work for me. The value of the frameless packs (aside from being lighter) is that they are smaller and they hug the body more closely than a fully framed pack. This provides an i...

In GEAR » Value of substantial suspension
May 24, 11:52pm

Moment...
Hey David, that's nice blue sky behind your Moment... not bad for the WCT in May! Looks like you lucked out with the weather.

In GEAR » Moment for tall guys??
May 20, 12:07am

Alternative to MLD 850 ml pot
http://www.snowpeak.com/back/cookware/titanium.html Snow Peak Mini Solo: - pot + lid 3.7 oz. - cup (if you use it) 1.6 oz.

In GEAR » Alternative to MLD 850 ml pot
May 16, 9:17pm

Fast Water Solo Stream Crossings
As a fly fisherman, I've had lots of practice at wading deep water. When fishing, I always carry a wading staff and plant it down stream (I wouldn't wade deep water with two poles). A...

In Philosophy & Technique » Fast Water Solo Stream Crossings - Looking for Best Practice Solo Method/Techniques
May 11, 7:34pm

More Photos...
Here's one that the fly fisherman in the group will appreciate. This is the reason that I had the custom straps added. Works really well.

In GEAR » MLD Burn
May 11, 2:32pm

Photos...
Philip - The hip belt on my Burn is the same as the hip belt on my Exodus other than I had the webbing upgraded to 1.5 inches on both packs. The hip belt wings on the Exodus were stock but I ha...

In GEAR » MLD Burn
May 10, 7:05pm

MLD Burn
I just got my Burn back from MLD after a few adjustments were made and I thought I'd post some pictures just to tease those of you that haven't received your order yet. Ron made a few cu...

In GEAR » MLD Burn
May 10, 12:04am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm