Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 711 - 720 of 1924 | Page: 1 ...63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ...193

Forum » Thread

blisters
Eventually the areas that blister will be tougher up after they heal, so I wouldnt think you would give up on any footwear/sock just because you got a few blisters. By constantly playing musical...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to prevent blisters between my third and fourth toes...
October 12, 11:06am

2p
I wouldnt scrimp on tent room or weather protection for a girl unless she is hardcore. For 2P that can share weight, anything in the under 4 lb range is good IMO. Then get yourself a hexamid...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum Tent - anything better for my purposes?
October 12, 10:57am

no tarps
They really would prefer everyone in an enclosed tent. For rodents, wildlife, and insect avoidance, as well as weather protection. They dont specifically require this however. If a tent or sha...

In Philmont » "tarp" sleeping at Philmont?
October 10, 5:59pm

shoe
I find feet adjust pretty well to whatever they are in. Feet are extremely moldable, it just might take a little time. When I started with some minimal shoes, my feet were sore at the end of the...

In GEAR » Hiking shoe under $150 with a stiff sole
October 10, 5:50pm

elitist?
I dont think it was elitist at all. By the time most want a 17 oz pack, they are spending about $30-50 /oz saved to reduce pack weight. Adding several oz of un-needed weight back to a $300 ...

In GEAR » HipBelt Pockets
October 09, 6:45pm

graduations
I did the same and colored the marks in with sharpie, the black in the groove doesnt scrub off so it stays somewhat easier to see. No, it doesnt look professional either, but so what.

In Make Your Own Gear » Marking Gradations on Inside of Pot
October 09, 5:56pm

drop
For walking, I dont know how much it matters. Most people have been walking in raised-heel shoes their whole life, and wear them all day every day. I fully agree that minimal, and zero drop sho...

In GEAR » heel-toe drop on trail runners?
October 09, 5:45pm

pack
My son used an adjustable circuit for a year. He used up the whole ~13-18" adjustment range in that time. Carried up to 30 lbs, no complaints. I recall it weighed about 35 oz with accessori...

In GEAR » kids UL pack
October 09, 5:42pm

coffee
Im not a coffee snob. I drink anything. I wanted to like Starbucks Via, but honestly every one of them taste burnt, and dont dissolve very well. I dont even like starbucks coffee from starbuck...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backcountry coffee
October 07, 6:46pm

pockets
This is only my personal opinion, and it will conflict with many no doubt: "By the time you need a 17oz pack, you should be viewing hip belt pockets as useless weight." I say this...

In GEAR » HipBelt Pockets
October 07, 6:38pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm