Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 711 - 720 of 1890 | Page: 1 ...63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ...189

Forum » Thread

3 season list
For comparison to you, here is a gear list for a 120 mile trip Im taking in first week of Oct, not quite 3 season, a little light on the bag for temps below 35, although I have used this (uncomfort...

In Gear Lists » 3-season gear list, want to lose some weight
September 07, 3:46pm

sansa
I use a sansa clip at the gym for several years. Very light. I dont use the clip, I put it in my shorts pocket, and run the earphone wires under my shirt. Mainly, so I dont have to listen to conve...

In GEAR » Suggestions for mp3 player?Not Apple
September 07, 12:17pm

inov8
I think all their shoes this year were butt ugly and looked cheap. I have older terroc 330s that I love I have flyroc 310s that I love. Thank goodness I bought 2 pr. All the new ones just lo...

In GEAR » 2013 inov-8 Roclite 295s
September 07, 12:04pm

sax
I think I have a sax colored one. Its kind of a medium grayish blue. I like it, but doesnt matter since it only gets worn on trail. Definitely not an around-town item. Paid about $120 with free sh...

In GEAR » Anyone seen the Mont-bell "Sax" color, and other questions.
September 07, 11:53am

individuals
@ Jim "To each his own I suppose. Doesn't sound like a group to me, sounds like individuals traveling the same stretch of trail at the same time." That is insightful. Because...

In GEAR » What cook system do you use for 2 people for 3-5 days?
September 05, 12:35pm

2P
When I do 2P its only with my son. Its just simpler at dinner. It saves no weight relative to both of us carrying UL setups, in fact the 2P pot is considerably heavier ~4.5oz than two 2cup fo...

September 04, 9:06pm

2p setup
I use an evernew 1.3L pot a large tealight stove and windscreen boils 4 cups on 1.1 fl oz. stove is ~0.15 oz Windcreen is .85 oz Pot support is 0.24 oz fits in pot, with 2 coffee cups too...

September 04, 6:46pm

torso pads
depends on how cold, and for how long Usually I have some additional CCF with torso pads, at least a 1/8"x60". Sometimes a 3/4 ridgerest solite. I will go out for 7 days with an xli...

In GEAR » Torso only pads, Yay or Nay?
September 04, 5:48pm

filthy
I agree, its filthy. You get filthy. Your gear gets filthy, clothing gets filthy. Theres no shade. Then you find shade and sit in it, and the burnt up needles and twigs under your butt leaves ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's it like to bushwhack after a large forest fire?
September 03, 7:51pm

turkey bags
Well basically they say no turkey bags. You go to the advisor meeting, and they tell you again, no turkey bags, and put the green spin on it. Then after your ranger leaves, you use your turke...

In Philmont » Turkey Bag Cooking vs. Philmont
September 03, 6:37pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm