Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 711 - 720 of 1951 | Page: 1 ...63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ...196

Forum » Thread

recovering
I just use the spout of my alcohol bottle to suck it in. Tilt the stove,squeeze air of of the bottle, invert and shove the spout into a corner, release and magically any leftover fuel dissapears...

In GEAR » New to alcohol stoves - burn time questions
October 28, 5:12pm

alcohol
While commercial alcohol stoves arent currently prohibited by BSA, they are discouraged. Honestly, best not to go there around scouts IMO. Make yourself a snuffer, a can that fits reasonably sn...

In GEAR » New to alcohol stoves - burn time questions
October 28, 4:41pm

deflating
"Any tips of deflating?" Open valve while lying on it. In 2 seconds its flat. Fold in half lenghtwise and rollup, expelling air, before exiting tent. The xlite is the easiest to d...

In GEAR » Sleeping pad takes forever to inflate with bag. Any alternatives?
October 27, 1:12pm

zline
The zline is very strong. Its not that abrasion resistant though. In very windy conditions I put rocks on top of stakes, and Ive literally shredded the zline by friction between rock and line...

In GEAR » MLD Cuben grace tarp Vs. Zpacks hexamid. Storm worthiness?
October 27, 11:20am

fizan
For backcountry skiing shouldnt you use poles that can double as an avalanche probe? I have 3 pr Fizan compact Ul poles, but I wouldnt use them to ski. Maybe you are easier on your ski poles tha...

In GEAR » Fizan compact for skiing?
October 26, 12:38pm

quilt
"If I wanted a quilt to take me to 30* F, with layers including down jacket and base layers, should I consider a 40* quilt or a 30*?" If you have a good pad, and down pants,maybe booti...

In GEAR » enLIGHTened equipment product changes in Sept.
October 26, 12:28pm

tent
Unless your scouts backpack a lot, I wouldnt get a very UL backpacking tent for normal scout camping. It really depends on what kind of normal camping they do. Most of our scouts use a chea...

In GEAR » Tent Recommendations?
October 25, 7:04pm

wind
Not referring to Dans stove. But just because a stove stays lit in a wind, doesnt mean a thing if all the heat is blowing away. It happens, even to cannister stoves that people think they dont ...

In GEAR » My Latest Alcohol Stove Design
October 25, 6:27pm

pots
Depends on how the cooking will be done. By patrol? in pairs? What stoves, whisperlite or pocket rocket? etc. Not enough information Handles are good for scouts.

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Backpacking Pots for Boy Scouts
October 25, 5:21am

Pad
My xlite takes 18 breaths, and a total of 55 seconds to blow up. Not a big deal to me. 30+ nights on it this year.

In GEAR » Sleeping pad takes forever to inflate with bag. Any alternatives?
October 24, 5:29pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm