Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 711 - 720 of 1827 | Page: 1 ...63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ...183

Forum » Thread

philmont
@ Kevin Our crew trained with 11 mile days, with packs as heavy, or heavier, as we would carry at philmont, loaded with water weight, in hills. We really had no serious conditioning problems. ...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Philmont Journal - Part 1
August 11, 4:34pm

volume
Some people will say its a good idea for both persons to carry individual food, sleeping gear, raingear, and a shelter (or groundcloth that can be used as a temp shelter), in case you become separa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Total pack volume for a couple doing the AT.
August 11, 1:51pm

base
"I disagree, MB. I am involved with a "lightweight backpacking" meet-up group that used to meet at the local REI conference room. Over 80% of the attendees routinely carried over 40#...

In GEAR » "Medium Light"
August 11, 8:49am

base
Not below freezing , could mean 65 at night or 33 at night. Pretty big difference. You could also be in desert n, or in areas with high rain. Heavy bugs, or no bugs. Regardless, classificatio...

In Gear Lists » what is the baseweight for this trip?
August 11, 8:04am

"I'm still around 25lbs. Can I call it KSL (kinda-sorta light), or is it just heavy?" Thats pretty heavy. Thats mainstream REI backpacker weight.

In GEAR » "Medium Light"
August 11, 7:48am

BPH
Well, sad to say if he is BPH, you will lose. You have to travel at his pace. However, if its someone whose company you enjoy, that is the only thing that matters. I think, we can learn so...

In Philosophy & Technique » I am BPL my hiking buddy is BPH
August 10, 6:14pm

food
"Actually, I do have 90% of the "gear". And as to why I have the pack, we used it on a hike across Spain recently. I'm just trying to figure out if it makes sense to try and use ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Total pack volume for a couple doing the AT.
August 10, 12:48pm

clean
nice big dry towel to wipe off with clean clothes find a gas station, clean up in bathroom.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cool idea for a trailhead shower for when you get back to the car.
August 10, 12:43pm

Matt Kirk
Well since its timely, I will add this. Matt Kirk just completed his record unsupported hike of the AT, 2185 miles in 58.5 days. Here is his gear list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/cc...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Anyone done a SUL Thru-Hike?
August 10, 12:01pm

at pack
As others said, no way to tell. If you dont have 90% of the gear to put in it, and obviously you dont, why do you already have the pack? A thru hike, is only a series of shorter 3-5 day hi...

August 09, 5:56pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm