BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 711 - 720 of 1734 | Page: 1 ...63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ...174

Forum » Thread

tick
On a hike in May, my son had a tick crawling on his face within 10 min of starting on trail. His clothing from the shoes up were treated with permethrin, so was his hat. we also wear compression...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lyme Disease: Challenging Old Stereotypes
July 06, 9:32pm

zebralight
I too like my H51, when I need it. However it is admittedly overkill for me most of the time. I dont see water resistance as being a factor, or a red light. Most of the time, a tiny photon i...

In GEAR » Zebralight H50* vs Xtar H1
July 06, 7:37pm

light
how about important features like efficiency, burn time, controls, parasitic drain?

In GEAR » Zebralight H50* vs Xtar H1
July 06, 6:50pm

socks
I dont mind wet feet. In warm weather, I look forward to it. It cools the body, and washes the dirt out of trail runners with mesh. Saves me from having to dump them and wipe my feet down. I do...

In GEAR » Sock philosophy - synthetic or wool? Solution for wet feet?
July 06, 4:21pm

mattress
I turn constantly back to side as well, but I do that at home too. I will wake up with pain in shoulder, or back, or arm asleep, etc. Overall, I sleep really well on my xlite. The longer the t...

In GEAR » mattress strategies: back soreness on the road to a good night's sleep
July 06, 11:35am

wt
But the smaller shorter pack is ......lighter So we learn to wear it higher.

In GEAR » Arc Blast vs. Blast
July 05, 6:17pm

hex
1) How easy is entry/exit from the tent? If you raise the beak, its not bad. Its still lower than the the average 2P tent, it doesnt bother me. Low=weather protection 2) How good is the tent m...

In GEAR » zpacks hexamid twin tent: entry and floor Q
July 05, 5:55pm

hex lines
Not much issue with fixed line lengths here either. On sloped terrain, you may have some difficulties in getting good pitch. Usually if you are pitching on the only flat spot you can find, and i...

In GEAR » Hexamid question: lines and line-locs
July 05, 4:48pm

cotton
"Cotton Kills" is a slogan really particular to mountain environments in cold weather. We won two world wars wearing nothing but cotton 50 yrs ago, thats all anyone going to Philmon...

In Philmont » Does No Cotton mean no cotton...?
July 04, 9:12pm

stupid
The problem I see, is that doing this type of thing solo, is the plan if you become injured is usually for someone else to bail you out. What is your plan for a sprained ankle ? Are you carrying...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon -- Rim to River to Rim in August Is this Stupid
July 04, 1:51pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm