BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 711 - 720 of 1700 | Page: 1 ...63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ...170

Forum » Thread

shoes
Wait until you hike a 20+ mile day on rocks in them with a 25 lb pack before you draw judgement. Feet get sore.

In GEAR » Glad I read enough here re: minimalist shoes
May 28, 7:36pm

base
base weight is base weight. It is the things you can really control to affect how heavy your pack is. You have to carry your food, you have to carry your food packaging, and your trash. Nothi...

In GEAR » Base weight vs. pack weight: things overlooked in an UL cooking system
May 28, 7:30pm

base
base weight is base weight. It is the things you can really control to affect how heavy your pack is. You have to carry your food, you have to carry your food packaging, and your trash. Nothi...

In GEAR » Base weight vs. pack weight: things overlooked in an UL cooking system
May 28, 7:29pm

bags
Summerlite is EN rated at 32 Megalite is EN rated at 28 MB UL SS 3 is EN rated at 30 Some find the summerlite too tight. This confuses me some, because no one finds the Ultralite too tight...

In GEAR » Help with sleeping bag choice - WM summerlite/megalite, MB UL SS3, or EMS Mountain Light 35
May 27, 6:05pm

hypothermia
Depends on the temperatures. If you know where you are, you can just keep walking. Generally, walking will keep you warm, even when wet, in pretty cold temps. Only 10 miles, is a couple hours wa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How stupid is it to go into the wilderness without a shelter or survival skills?
May 27, 4:31pm

rain cover
Whatever happened to using a shower cap from the dollar store???? Getting too fancy.

In GEAR » anyone tried this OR hat with Pertex rain cover?
May 27, 4:12pm

boot
Inov8 286 GTX. 10.2 oz in the standard size 9. Lighter than many trail runners. Ok, it is a trail runner, but it looks like a boot. They even call it a boot.

In GEAR » Lightweight Mid Hiking Boot
May 27, 4:08pm

pad
my philosophy with these items is, buy it only from somewhere that will take it back no questions asked, any time. I have had no issues with my xlite yet, but if I do I expect replacement to be ...

In GEAR » NeoAir Xlite or Exped UL7
May 27, 1:01pm

cheap
Depends a lot on the person and what season, type gear they want, and experience level. For an average 3 season solo setup: SMD wild oasis 13 oz $175 GOlite Jam - 30 oz $100 Blu...

In GEAR » Cheapest Ultralight Gear List?
May 27, 12:49pm

long
Way too long.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How long do you hold on to extra gear you don't really use?
May 27, 11:29am

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm