Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Guest

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 711 - 720 of 1956 | Page: 1 ...63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ...196

Forum » Thread

Does a dri-down sleeping bag lose less loft over time from body oils? Does a dri-down sleeping bag lose less loft from body moisture in cold conditions? Does a dri-down jacket or sleeping bag hav...

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering on water resistant down and Pertex fabric
October 29, 5:14pm

nothing extra needed, exceedingly simple. But a regular Nalgene with flip top works fine too.

In GEAR » New to alcohol stoves - burn time questions
October 29, 4:46pm

Someone once asked a woman "Why is it that women kiss each other all the time, but men dont?" She replied "Thats easy. Women have nothing better to kiss, men do."

In Chaff » Open relationships, polyamory, etc
October 28, 8:21pm

"Bob and MB, sure would like to see a video of you guys doing that with a hot burner or even a cold one. It sure looks like a waste of time to try and recover. " My burner isnt hot. T...

October 28, 6:52pm

168 days in advance, by 730am. You will go into random ( lottery) selection. After that lottery, phone calls and business hours requests will be processed. If you dont get it in, you probabl...

In Gear Lists » JMT 2014 Thoughts and insight.
October 28, 6:17pm

I just use the spout of my alcohol bottle to suck it in. Tilt the stove,squeeze air of of the bottle, invert and shove the spout into a corner, release and magically any leftover fuel dissapears...

October 28, 5:12pm

While commercial alcohol stoves arent currently prohibited by BSA, they are discouraged. Honestly, best not to go there around scouts IMO. Make yourself a snuffer, a can that fits reasonably sn...

October 28, 4:41pm

"Any tips of deflating?" Open valve while lying on it. In 2 seconds its flat. Fold in half lenghtwise and rollup, expelling air, before exiting tent. The xlite is the easiest to d...

In GEAR » Sleeping pad takes forever to inflate with bag. Any alternatives?
October 27, 1:12pm

The zline is very strong. Its not that abrasion resistant though. In very windy conditions I put rocks on top of stakes, and Ive literally shredded the zline by friction between rock and line...

In GEAR » MLD Cuben grace tarp Vs. Zpacks hexamid. Storm worthiness?
October 27, 11:20am

For backcountry skiing shouldnt you use poles that can double as an avalanche probe? I have 3 pr Fizan compact Ul poles, but I wouldnt use them to ski. Maybe you are easier on your ski poles tha...

In GEAR » Fizan compact for skiing?
October 26, 12:38pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm