BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 711 - 720 of 1652 | Page: 1 ...63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ...166

Forum » Thread

imogene 3
interested. PM sent

In Gear Swap » FS: GoLite Imogene UL3 tent
May 15, 3:30pm

Montrail
In my experience, Nike runs the smallest of all shoes Ive had. Montrail seems about normal

In GEAR » How are Montrails sized?
May 15, 3:22pm

shoe
what is GNP? Glacier National Park? But im still pretty sure you dont need boots to hike it.

In GEAR » Another shoe recommendation thread
May 15, 3:18pm

proto
Looks great. "My loads are just too small and lightweight to justify using such a large and heavy pack.(7-8 pound base weight with a 2.5 pound pack? " Its not the base weight that m...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Backpack Prototype
May 14, 7:23pm

water
I recalls the guide showing water there, but I didnt see it or what form it was in. It wasnt in the restrooms, they were pit toilets. I remember having about 1L getting there, and drinking most o...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Springer Mountain to Woody Gap (GA Section of AT) - Where is the water???
May 14, 7:15pm

august
Our scouts dont even camp locally in Jun, July, August. Far too unpleasant. May and Sept arent all that great either, but at least have a decent chance for temps to dip into 60s at night. Of...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Southern Trip Planning
May 13, 8:22pm

SE in august
Think 80F for the overnight low with 95% humidity, and you will be close. Literally, you will be sticky, and sweaty, and wont be able to fall asleep till 1am when it finally cools off enough. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Southern Trip Planning
May 13, 7:38pm

history
people are an empty slate there is no right or wrong, only what you have been taught history shows this definitively

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!
May 13, 7:12pm

energy
You could have just asked. Did you include the water content? It makes a difference. Waters latent heat is very high, so is the heat capacity. Not only doesnt it burn, but it consumes more hea...

In GEAR » Alcohol energy content / stove system efficiencies - methanol / ethanol / mixes
May 13, 5:44pm

floor
the hexamid has a cuben groundsheet option that is suspended from the tarp with shockcords, to make a sort-of bathtub floor. If you pitch the tarp lower, it wont make a bathtub anymore. Its heavi...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Tarp and bivy vs. hybrid tent debate 2013
May 12, 7:58pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm