Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 711 - 720 of 1809 | Page: 1 ...63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ...181

Forum » Thread

rest
One of the things a lot of hikers do , is stop and eat dinner at 4-5pm in the summer, and rest for an hour or more. Afterwards , you are rejuvenated and can knock out a couple more hours. Y...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking on calorie deficit and ideal energy distribution...
August 05, 6:00pm

deficit
I do 17-25 miles per day in the mountains usually. I run very large caloric deficits. There is no way to carry enough food if you do decent miles. Unless you only eat peanut butter and olive o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking on calorie deficit and ideal energy distribution...
August 05, 5:37pm

significant
totally agree it shouldnt be significant. But as I said, when you are losing half your heat to the environment anyway, detecting small efficiency changes only works if you can keep other losses ...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
August 05, 8:40am

water
we use Ozarka "eco" water bottles. 0.77 oz for 1L. You can get them in 1.5 L as well, which is useful if need more capacity , saves weight. The 1L ozarka would score 44 the 1L p...

In GEAR » Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
August 05, 8:23am

pot
Everyone likes something different. Thats why we have so many flavors of ice cream. I didnt like the grease pot. Its too large diameter to slowly pour water from into a freezer bag, because i...

In Gear Lists » Proposed Gear List for Ultralight Newbie
August 05, 8:09am

remote
technically, the liquid feed could be sucking heat from the burner zone to vaporize the liquid, where a normal cannister feed can be using more ambient air heat. Or maybe not. but the heat of v...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
August 04, 10:00pm

pixie stix
since this is only about FAVORITE, I will share . I took a GIANT Pixie Stix, and cut about a 12" section of the tube. Basically makes a 0.18 oz , little less than 1/2 " diameter ...

In GEAR » Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
August 04, 7:21pm

silver
How much older? mines about 2 yrs. Its always done it. I had the impression it was probably ....normal.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Silver stuff rubbing off my new z-rest
August 04, 7:09pm

gear
I MIGHT need each and every one of my items again one day. And besides, they are fun to look at. Am I the only one that goes in a closet periodically and hugs his down sleeping bags?

In Philosophy & Technique » Gear Acquisition Syndrome
August 04, 7:00pm

preaching
I have sort of given up trying to help people out by disseminating information. Im not sure why, but they will listen, agree, then go right back to their old ways. I assume they are afraid to buc...

In Philosophy & Technique » Current conversations with JMT hikers
August 04, 6:53pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm