BPL Community Profile

Adam Rothermich (aroth87) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Missouri Ozarks
About Me Graduate of Missouri S&T with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering.

I got my start hiking in Scouts and earned Eagle in 2004. Continued hiking in college and took an interest in trail maintenance/ construction.

I really like making my own gear and my favorite piece of gear is my homemade down quilt.

Other hobbies include playing with photography, computers, and tinkering with electronics.
CityLenexa
StateKS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Rothermich

Showing 711 - 720 of 740 | Page: 1 ...55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Forum » Thread

Re: Lightweight Rain Pants
You may want to check out the ULA Rain Wrap when it becomes available. I know I will be. Its basically a long silnylon skirt, so it will breathe better than pants and be easy to pull on and off. It...

In GEAR » Lightweight Rain Pants
December 29, 4:44pm

Re: New Black Diamond Doublelights?
Speaking of your blizzard wasteland, my brother is out there skiing this week. Their supposed to be getting back on Sunday but we'll see what becomes of that plan. Adam

In GEAR » New Black Diamond Doublelights?
December 28, 9:09pm

Re: Caldera Cones
You might even be able to send Tin Man an email and ask him if he can do it for you. I know he will do i t for cozys so it may be worth a shot asking him. Adam

In Gear Deals » TrailDesigns out of business!?
December 27, 9:35pm

Re: TrailDesigns out of business!?
I'm fairly certain that Anti-Gravity Gear sells the Caldera Cones. They've also started producing a couple of the tarps of Brawny's design (formerly sold on Trailquest.net). Adam

In Gear Deals » TrailDesigns out of business!?
December 27, 10:38am

Re: What hydration system do you use?
I use a hydration bladder on day hikes since I use my Camelbak pack. However on longer trips I just use 1 liter soda bottles. Its a lot easier to keep track of how much water you have left and are ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What hydration system do you use?
December 21, 9:22am

Re: No response?
I'll confess, I have done a few day hikes with no map. The first time was unintentional. When I got to the park there were no maps in the map box. We found another one a ways down the trail, bu...

In Philosophy & Technique » specific Map question:
December 16, 5:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Got Banned
My roommate 'flatulates' in his sleep, though its not nearly as rank as when he does it on purpose. I'm sure that's not very appropriate but I find it a little humorous. He also yel...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I Got Banned
December 16, 4:11pm

Re: Re: What's Santa Bringing You?
Kind of late to chime in on this one, but I just bought a few things off of Campmor as gifts so I could order a Smartwool beanie for myself. I figured that if I was going to pay for shipping I may ...

In GEAR » What's Santa Bringing You?
December 16, 3:37pm

Re: Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap
I've been using Dr. B's peppermint liquid soap for the past year. I've used it to brush my teeth and, as stated previously, you don't want to more than a drop of two on the tooth br...

In Multiple Use Gear » Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap
December 15, 2:37pm

Re: Tarp Recommendations
I have 2 MLD tarps and love them. Previously, Ron had 5x9 flat tarps (no catenary ridge) in silnylon ($55, 8 oz) and spinnaker ($90, 5.5 oz). He has closed down the site until January to hire some ...

In GEAR » Tarp Recommendations
December 14, 10:12am

All Reader Reviews by Adam Rothermich

Showing 1 - 10 of 13 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
Let me just echo everything the previous reviewer said. The fit is great, not tight and not baggy, the sleeves are just the right length, and the pocket is useful. As for the hood, I was a little s...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
February 11, 12:53pm

BPL FireLite Mini Firestarter
I keep this around my neck with some other "just in case" items. I too have a little bit of a hard time getting it to work consistently and use matches as my primary means of fire starting. ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
April 15, 8:57pm

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
I've been using my GG 1/8" Thinlight both to supplement my GG Nightlight Torso and as a sit pad. Its great with the torso pad to insulate your legs on colder nights. It provides some addi...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
February 21, 10:55am

Petzl e+LITE
Like Craig, I don't use a light that much, mostly just for chores around camp that I can't preform with only moonlight. As such I was tired of lugging around my "heavy" 3 oz PT Auror...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
October 07, 9:56am

Gossamer Gear G6 Whisper
One more person to note how fragile it seems. I've got a spinnaker tarp and groundsheet, so I was aware how fragile it seemed but I always feel a little wary when I sit this pack down. So far I ha...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 16, 9:16pm

Gossamer Gear
I placed my first order from Gossamer Gear, a Nightlight Torso and Lighten Up! DVD last Wednesday. I received my first order from GG last Saturday. Now that's fast! As for their products, they se...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 06, 8:37am

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
I just received my Nightlight torso and these are merely my initial observations. It is REALLY light, mine weighs 3.6 oz. I bought it to replace an older Thermarest pad that weighed about 26 oz and t...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
March 06, 8:34am

Lighten Up DVD with Glen Van Peski .
For only $5 this DVD has a lot to offer. I began converting to UL backpacking awhile ago, but reading books and advice on the forums just isn't quite the same as seeing it in action. I'm a v...

In Books and Media
March 05, 1:13pm

Princeton Tech Aurora
I picked up the PT Aurora 4 or so years ago when I was starting to get into backpacking. I looked at a few different headlamps, but at the time this seemed like the best value. Since then it has b...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 30, 1:27pm

Tealight stove Tealight
After not getting great results with other alcohol stoves on my SP 700 I decided to try out the tealight stove. Nothing could be easier to 'make.' Just find an extra tealight laying around th...

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 11, 10:12am