BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 711 - 720 of 847 | Page: 1 ...63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ...85

Forum » Thread

Worst Trip Ever?
I was tempted to say I've had no really bad trips...then I remember a hut trip I took about 8 years ago. The trip was to Brainard Cabin. A rustic cabin well known to day trippers in the Bou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Worst Trip
October 23, 2:33pm

Costco
FWIW, I've been very pleased with the Costco softshell as well. For $30, it is good softshell. Does not have pit zips or other small features of high end jackets, but for the price it works wel...

In GEAR » Awesome cheap puffy
October 21, 7:14am

Computer Dude
IT Monkey of one sort or another for the past not-quite-15 yrs. And to think I studied history in college...but doing the computer gigs allowed me to quit work, hike and find another job after. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you do for a living?
October 20, 10:32pm

Gear?
Seems like the reoccurring theme here is "Want to know gear" Maybe I'm abnormal, but knowing what gear a person used is far, far, far less important than the person's experienc...

In Post-Trip Reports » What makes a good trip report?
October 18, 8:08pm

Crossroads
That place changed owners this past summer or so I'm afraid. It now has a different 'theme' (Rt66/ garage mehanic moitif), the beers are not as good and the food is mediocre. My repu...

In Post-Trip Reports » A Beer, A Burger and an Adventure -Post Trip Noshing
October 14, 12:21pm

A Beer, A Burger and an Adventure -Post Trip Noshing
Not sure where to put this post. If it is post trip...and dove tails nicely with a previous thread about post-hike rituals. :) So here it is.... Anyway, here is my biased take on some p...

In Post-Trip Reports » A Beer, A Burger and an Adventure -Post Trip Noshing
October 13, 7:03pm

Fall in the Never Summer
There is always one last backpacking trip of the season. A time when the leaves are turning, the days are growing shorter and the air that has a crispness at night. In mid-September, a few of us ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Fall in the Never Summer
October 09, 5:03pm

Unknown??
>>people build fires because they are scared of the unknown Considering my back country experience, I am going to go with my first, most simple, theory: "'Cause I like 'em...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » camping= fire, why?
October 07, 7:28pm

I is edumacated
>>Just remember, not everyone is as smart or well educated as you are. I set the bar pretty low...that may be a good thing!!! :D

October 04, 10:17am

ooh..that smell
I like the smell of wood smoke, even in my clothes. Smell is powerful reminder. Smell tomatoes, olive oil, onions and garlic and I think of Grandma's house on a Sunday. Catch a whiff...

October 04, 7:19am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.