BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 711 - 720 of 887 | Page: 1 ...63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ...89

Forum » Thread

Map Book
Quite a few CTers have used them. A buddy of mine used it on his CT hike. They are great for the designated CT corridor. But they are basically strip maps. If you want to hike alt routes or d...

In GEAR » CT Topo Map Book
February 10, 10:42am

Thoughts
In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. :) The people on Killy have to pay a porter, the porters make some money and the local economy gets a boost. Some rich people get a nice ph...

In Chaff » Sherpas and Yuppies.
February 08, 5:11pm

In the backcountry
">>Most people don't start backpacking until their families have had a generation or two >>of non-physical work. If you work hard all week using your body - construction, >&...

In Chaff » Blacks with Packs?
February 07, 7:51am

The best....
Don't know if it is 'the best', but I've been using one form or another of a $10 surplus boonie-style hat for well over a decade. Using a cotton-nylon blend, the hat repels light r...

In GEAR » a good sun hat?
February 06, 7:52am

Coldest Temperature
A very cold shoulder from Adrianna when the Northeast Snark I grew up with raised its ugly head. Some comment was invariably made more suited for the guys back home than for the more subtle charm...

In Winter Hiking » coldest temperature you've experienced?
February 06, 7:38am

hiking in snow...
Is called "Snowshoeing" and I try to avoid it as much as possible. :) Maybe if I duct taped my skis to the trailrunners. WWMD? (What Would MacGyver Do?) Being serious, if you live...

In GEAR » owning only one pair of shoes?
January 27, 5:51pm

All seasons and situations?
At least for me, no. :) In my outdoor collection of shoes I have tele ski boots, Nordic (XC) ski boots, trail runners and climbing shoes. Throw in the leather boots I wear for trail work on oc...

In GEAR » owning only one pair of shoes?
January 27, 3:29pm

Down
My formative backpacking before moving to Colorado was all over New England (NH,VT, the Berkshires and even the nearby Catskills). This Easy Coast backpacking included two thru-hikes of Vermont...

In GEAR » Do you NEED a synthetic bag for hike the Appalachian trail?
January 24, 7:39pm

Ha!
Yes, I should post with my screen name. Paul Mags (or even Mags) would be sure to hide my real life identity of Paul Magnanti. :D If someone Google searched me, they would find I am outdoors. A...

In Chaff » Full name screen names...
January 24, 7:03pm

Roxborough Statepark
Lots of snow still in March. Bring skis or snowshoes. ;) If you want to hike, Roxborough State Park is nearby and offers some good early Spring hikes. Interesting Rock formations, cool little...

In Pre-Trip Planning » A few days in Denver to hike - where to go?
January 24, 12:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.