BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 711 - 720 of 894 | Page: 1 ...63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ...90

Forum » Thread

Shcnapps
A little schnapps and cocoa. Mmmmm. :)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Adult beverages for Winter Camping
February 24, 11:00am

Love me that Winter Wonderland. :)
My winter dreams are of...Winter! :D

In Photo Gallery » winter dreams
February 24, 10:40am

Colorado
Going NoBo, they'll probably be in CO around the Breck area roughly mid-June IIRC. Depending on the snow year, there could be a LOT of snow still (though, this year is looking to be lighter ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Joining others for a section of the CDT - nuts?
February 21, 1:19pm

Colorado
Another vote for Colorado...with some caveats. It is the highest consistent portion of the trail so you'll want to acclimate a day or two if you can. Are your friends going NoBo or SoBo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Joining others for a section of the CDT - nuts?
February 21, 8:22am

Mantra
Is the coffee done yet? :)

In Chaff » repeat after me: yo' mantra?
February 21, 8:10am

if...
If you have enough body hair, you can bring less insulation layers. Thus, having abundant body hair may actually SAVE weight. :)

In Chaff » Shave My Chest--Weight or Warmth?
February 11, 7:07pm

Fire Hazzards
All stoves are fire hazards if not used properly. I can think of many inexperienced Whisperlite users back in the day who nearly set the woods on fire. (Or, in my case, nearly gave the family do...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol Stoves a fire hazard?
February 11, 7:01pm

Map Book
Quite a few CTers have used them. A buddy of mine used it on his CT hike. They are great for the designated CT corridor. But they are basically strip maps. If you want to hike alt routes or d...

In GEAR » CT Topo Map Book
February 10, 10:42am

Thoughts
In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. :) The people on Killy have to pay a porter, the porters make some money and the local economy gets a boost. Some rich people get a nice ph...

In Chaff » Sherpas and Yuppies.
February 08, 5:11pm

In the backcountry
">>Most people don't start backpacking until their families have had a generation or two >>of non-physical work. If you work hard all week using your body - construction, >&...

In Chaff » Blacks with Packs?
February 07, 7:51am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.