BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 711 - 720 of 825 | Page: 1 ...63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83

Forum » Thread

dreck
re: Kahil Gibran being dreck Hey...it was the 1960s and early 70s when he was popular. People claimed to like Sitar music, then, too! :D re: Cooking is a sport Nay..it's a lifestyle. ;...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is lightweight backpacking anti-capitalist?
September 14, 12:20pm

Blue collar and NASCAR
My Dad is a recently retired sheet metal worker. He never watched sports... Used to read Kahil Gibran poetry... And loves to cook (like all Magnanti men) I'm so confused???? :D B...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is lightweight backpacking anti-capitalist?
September 14, 12:02pm

winter shelter...
A snowcave..or even an igloo :) And the view from a different trip (snow cave)

In Winter Hiking » Post your winter shelter and campsite photos here
September 13, 8:37pm

IPW permit
re: Indian Peaks As an aside, no permit is needed in the IPW after Sept 15th. Best time to backpack there...no permit needed and less people! :)

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Best Colorado late September backpacking
September 13, 8:22am

Sauntering in the Sangres - Latir Peak Wilderness
There are some trips where I want to walk all day and immerse myself in the rhythms of the day. Watch the sun rise as I break camp and walk into the twilight of the waning day. A trip where ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sauntering in the Sangres - Latir Peak Wilderness
September 08, 9:14pm

all depends...
If the ground is not completely rock, adding some water to soften the ground and then put the stakes in will sometimes do trick.

In GEAR » Staking out a non-free-standing tent on very hard ground....
September 08, 12:39pm

Dirtbirt breakfast of champions
>>p.s. My yardstick for a dirtbag breakfast is a crushed nodoz sprinkled on a poptart. That sounds so wrong....yet so right!!! :D

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » caffeine tablets in place of tea or coffee?
September 08, 12:29pm

New Mexico
>>New Mexico is a beautiful and enchanting place, hopefully more people will put it on >>their trip location radar in the future. Ditto. I've been rediscovering the beauty of ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mistaken for Strangers
September 08, 9:18am

caffeiene addiction
Hi. My name is Paul. I, too, am a coffee addict. On long trips solo, I do cold food. So what to do? As others mentioned, I take Starbucks Via. Makes cold instant coffee for the caffeine addi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » caffeine tablets in place of tea or coffee?
September 08, 9:13am

Thanks for sharing...
I've been wanting to read your trip report since you said you were just south of my buddy and I that same weekend. I remember the snow, the winds....and the enchantment of New Mexico Sangres......

In Editor's Roundtable » Mistaken for Strangers
September 07, 4:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.