BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 701 - 710 of 1102 | Page: 1 ...62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ...111

Forum » Thread

Montbell Super Spiral
Martin - I've field tested my U.L. Super Spiral quite a few times now and all I can say is "no comparison"! My old bag had a 58" shoulder girth, 60" at the hips and ...

In GEAR » Montbell Super Spiral
June 23, 1:38am

WCT 2010 Gear List
<< No need for micro-spikes... Just watch where you put your feet>> That one made me laugh because it reminded me of something I saw... I was sitting under a cable car filling m...

In Gear Lists » WCT 2010 Gear List
June 20, 7:53pm

MLD Burn
I should have been more specific in my comments regarding the water bottle pocket being difficult to use. Although I do like (and maybe prefer) the more secure draw string pocket on the Burn, I ...

In GEAR » MLD Burn
June 20, 11:01am

MLD Burn
>>I'd like the mesh side pockets angled a little more forward<< I have to agree, this is the only thing I would like to see improved on the Burn. I just returned from a 7 da...

In GEAR » MLD Burn
June 19, 7:11pm

Which Lightweight Tent...
Free standing for me has nothing to do with snow, it's all about the wind. I've tried non-free standing and it was a real pain when the wind shifted. With my freestanding tents I can po...

In GEAR » Which Lightweight Tent
June 18, 9:39pm

Giardia
I'd add one to Ben's list: Very little effort to treat, very little weight to treat - potentially very high consequences if you don't treat. Why wouldn't you treat? I actuall...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia
June 09, 11:36pm

Darn odd-ball feet! Help!
Shoe Goo or Aquaseal would work well. Have you tried the wide version of the Merrill shoes? I have a pair of Merrill Ventilators (wide model) and they have the widest toe box of any shoe I'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Darn odd-ball feet! Help!
June 08, 9:27am

Fly Creek UL 1
I used the Seedhouse for years and have switched to the Fly Creek UL 1 and have never experienced the problem you describe (and I live on the Wet Coast as well). I also don't pitch my tent s...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 1 tent reviews
June 07, 11:58pm

MLD Burn
I don't use a pad for support but I do fold up my NeoAir as Thom has described (valve away from my back), just to provide a smooth surface against my back. I find that if the pack is loaded we...

In GEAR » MLD Burn
June 06, 1:22am

WCT 2010 Gear List
Since you are going to be taking a week to do the trail you will be sitting around camp quite a bit so you may want to take another warm top (puffy jacket?). August can be very nice but if the win...

In Gear Lists » WCT 2010 Gear List
June 03, 12:19am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm