Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 701 - 710 of 1162 | Page: 1 ...62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ...117

Forum » Thread

Rain jacket assistance needed
You might want to have a look at the Montbell Rain Trekker Jacket. Looks like it's the replacement for the Peak Shell (which I have and really like... but they stopped making it). It's no...

In GEAR » Rain jacket assistance needed
September 13, 1:02am

Big Agnes Fly Creek Questions??"
I used a Seedhouse 1 for years and switched to the Fly Creek and really like the design. I agree with the others about the trade-offs with the entry but my solution is simple... don't unzip th...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Fly Creek Questions??
September 12, 10:02pm

MLD Prophet vs. Burn
I agree with Juston and Thom, go with the Burn. You already have a large pack. I don't have the Prophet but I do have the Exodus and even with the load reducers engaged, the pack holds a ...

In GEAR » MLD Prophet vs. Burn
September 12, 3:04pm

Expert" List Needs Fresh Perspective
Sam - I'd be curious to know why you carry a Cocoon Parka as opposed to a down parka. Since you carry a rain jacket it makes the added WP/B featurs of the Cocoon a bit redundant in my mind ...

In Gear Lists » "Expert" List Needs Fresh Perspective
September 10, 10:49am

Montbell UL Spiral Down Hugger
Only the UL Super Spiral Series was made longer. The UL Spiral Down Hugger is still rated for 5ft 10in in the regular length.

In GEAR » Montbell UL Spiral Down Hugger
September 04, 8:18pm

Poly filter bags for water
>> Why are you using the Steripen if you are filtering to 1 micron? << All of the things that will make you sick "quickly" are under 1 micron (bacteria and viruses). That&...

In GEAR » Poly filter bags for water
September 02, 12:47am

I carry a wide wouth cantene and the cloth works well with that. I just chop a chunk off the bottom of the filter and stuff it in the opening. I find that using the bottom of the filter (with the...

September 01, 11:00pm

Or these: http://www.dudadiesel.com/choose_item.php?id=PES1P3S

September 01, 10:10pm

MB Thermawrap vs Ex-light/UL Down inner vs Alpine Light
>> Hey Mike, love the burn. I was surprised at how much stuff I could get into it. << Scott - My Burn is awesome! I just got back from a two week fly fishing trip where I used my...

In GEAR » MB Thermawrap vs Ex-light/UL Down inner vs Alpine Light
August 31, 2:14pm

MB Thermawrap vs Ex-light/UL Down inner vs Alpine Light
I really like the Montbell jackets and own a Thermawrap, UL Down Inner and a down Inner Vest. The Thermawrap doesn't come close to the warmth of the down garments, so I wouldn't consid...

In GEAR » MB Thermawrap vs Ex-light/UL Down inner vs Alpine Light
August 31, 12:41am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm