Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jamie Shortt (jshortt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me I grew up in VA exploring and camping the woods around my house. As a teen in the 80's I learned how to backpack by reading books. Back then my pack weight was a respectable 27 lbs and I hit the woods every chance I got. Once adult life took over it was rare to take an overnighter. I faced several challenges during my middle age life and turned to the outdoors to restore me. As my knowledge and skills advanced, my base weight dropped to below 5 lbs. With this came a freedom that I had never experienced before.
CityHolly Springs
StateNC
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.LytW8.com
My PDF Gear ListJamie Shortt 3 Season Gear List - 4lb Base

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jamie Shortt

Showing 701 - 710 of 747 | Page: 1 ...56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Forum » Thread

New Version of Beyond Backpacking?
James, Many thanks...I tried to press the blue news link before and it didn't do anything. I thought how wierd it looks like a hyperlink but nothing. I figured that was just a title and decided...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Version of Beyond Backpacking?
July 27, 3:46pm

New Version of Beyond Backpacking?
I was on Ray Jardine's site recently and noticed the following.... "Our new version of Beyond Backpacking is in the works." Being a person who would really like to own a copy of...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Version of Beyond Backpacking?
July 26, 7:56pm

Thinlight pack frame
Ryan, Great point about thickness...I am using a 3/8" pad in the picture. It works extremely well, but I also have a 1/8" thick and I agree that I really doubt it could be used for pack s...

In GEAR » Thinlight pack frame
July 15, 5:26pm

Newbie ultralighter gear list
I wonder if Vargo triad has different models... My triad uses only 1 oz per cook (not sure if you can fill it over and 1 oz or not). It will cook 2 cups of water to a boil with just that 1 oz. I ha...

In Gear Lists » Newbie ultralighter gear list
July 14, 7:37pm

Thinlight pack frame
Jon, I haved used a thinlight as a frame and it worked extremely well. I was using a Montbell 90 folder over twice (i.e. 1/4 wide) and slid this down against my back. I wanted to use only a thinlig...

In GEAR » Thinlight pack frame
July 14, 7:19pm

UL pocketknife - what blade do you carry?
I too am now the proud owner of one "ker-smashed" swiss army knife. I am now a scissor only carrying guy. I started thinking about it (after reading this thread) and that is all I ever us...

In GEAR » UL pocketknife - what blade do you carry?
July 14, 7:05pm

Why tent stakes?
Nat, Thanks...Yes it is just a regular 5 x 8 flat silnylon tarp (integral designs). Each side of this tarp has the coner tie webs plus a middle tie web plus 2 in between the corners and the middle ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Why tent stakes?
June 26, 7:46pm

Why tent stakes?
Seems like there is a wide variety of thoughts from none to 12. I think it is dependent on many conditions that are specific for each person and each hike...such as local weather, topograghy, soils...

In Philosophy & Technique » Why tent stakes?
June 26, 5:27am

BPL mini dropper bottles
I'm a contact wearing guy. To lower weight I stopped taking glasses. Last thing I do when I go to bed is take out the contacts flush with a few drops and store them (I dont use anything like a ...

In GEAR » BPL mini dropper bottles
June 25, 6:37pm

help keep my girlfriend warm! (choice of 2 jackets)
My vote would be Mont-Bell without thinking twice. They make amazing gear if you get the fit right. The weight specified will be accurate for the Mont-Bell probably to the 1/10th of the ounce. M...

In GEAR » help keep my girlfriend warm! (choice of 2 jackets)
June 24, 8:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Jamie Shortt

Jamie Shortt has posted no reviews.