Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joshua Mitchell (jdmitch) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Kansas
About Me Joshua Mitchell has not added a biography yet.
CityLawrence
StateKansas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 701 - 710 of 845 | Page: 1 ...62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ...85

Forum » Thread

Very sound design...
Actually this is a very sounds (from a thermal transfer point of view) design. The reason, you are likely getting the good results that you are getting is that your design 'traps' the heated air...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultralight cheap windshield
February 22, 8:54am

kite carbon?
Eric, You mind posting a link? It might help us look them over.

In Make Your Own Gear » Homemade Trekking pole
February 15, 6:51am

Other foil ideas
David, McMasterr Carr has .002" Stainless Foil, downside is that stainless is denser than titanium, upside is that it has the same strength / volume. If you don't want to get a big roll, they sell...

In Make Your Own Gear » 4 gram Ti foil pot stand & windscreen
February 15, 6:49am

Alternate Foil?
titaniumgoat.com sells a thicker version of ti Foil that *might* work better for you. Slightly thicker = slightly heavier but probably a better match to what you're trying to do...

In Make Your Own Gear » 4 gram Ti foil pot stand & windscreen
February 14, 5:09am

Nescafe in a Jar?
Shortened Link Nice... I found a shop in town that carries Nescafe Espresso, I still need to get around to getting some (last time I went by they were sold out but confirmed that they usually ke...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Camp Coffee
February 03, 12:19pm

vest / arm coverage
Or make sleeves similar what jacksrbetter is making. alternatively, if you want to make sure of no 'gaps' for air to get in. you could make a 'jacket / shirt' similar to what is in fashion for w...

In Multiple Use Gear » Multiple Use Sleeping Bags
February 03, 6:00am

Be careful refilling Pro/But mix canisters with pure propane...
The vapor pressure of pure propane is significantly higher than that of Pro/But... the tiny canisters aren't 'reated' for it... refilling the green coleman propane canisters is typically okay as th...

In GEAR » Innovation I'm waiting for
February 02, 7:57am

Synthetic Quilts
By the way, someone has taken up the niche of synthetic (rather than down) quilts. www.kickassquilts.com

In GEAR » Warm Hammocking and UL-- Oxymoron?
January 30, 12:22am

Scouting use of 'cheap' gear
"The Drop cloth idea is probably better than the emergency poncho. Pro-rating the cost of 3mil poly drop cloth gives a very full poncho/cloak for well under 3 dollars (per person)" Especially if...

In Gear Lists » Cheapest UL Gear List Challenge
January 28, 10:11am

PAP - Translated
Your idea is brilliant! I'm bookmarking it for future use. Here's a google-translated link "So you have ties for the hood located what, 15 centimeters from the edge? I gotta try this." ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Travelling cloak - bivvy
January 28, 9:53am

All Reader Reviews by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
This is my first Merino T-Shirt (though I have a couple other manufacturers). Wore it a few days straight in super-hot/humid Boy Scout Summer Camp... little to no smell... way comfortable... man I lik...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
July 20, 12:54pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Got mine (Auto-Ignition) a couple years ago as my Xmas present to myself (single engineers have money...), loved it ever since.

In Stoves - Canister
August 02, 11:28am