Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 701 - 710 of 1055 | Page: 1 ...62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ...106

Forum » Thread

AT in the Smokies
The shelters are the only approved camp sites on the AT in the Smokies. You should call to reserve. Camping is not allowed off the established sites. You can sign up for a mandatory permit at th...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Appalachian Trail in May
April 20, 9:35am

Death Valley
Lots of things to check out there in a day trip

In Pre-Trip Planning » Vegas to Lone Pine California
April 18, 2:22pm

Beer can
No problems here with beer can durability, but I don't put it in a wood fire. For protection, I have made a light cozy that fits around the outside of the can; I put my freezerbag food in the ...

In GEAR » Beer Can Pot Durability, Efficiency, & Protection It
April 18, 9:16am

Great trip
Looks like great fun, Dean, even with the trip cut short. I think I have hiked with Sam or his doppelganger a few times where I had to pack out the heavy gear because of bad knees.

In Post-Trip Reports » Grand Canyon Loop Cut Short
April 18, 8:23am

No bathtub for me
My typical setup is a big tarp with flat polycryo ground sheet. I do have a thick Neoair that keeps me off the ground a bit. This setup served me well last month with 3 nights of rain in the Smok...

In GEAR » Are bathtub floors necessary?
April 17, 8:51am

Everclear
We have the good everclear in Kentucky. We Kentuckians never saw a hard liquor we didn't like, but you can't buy it on Sunday. Just be careful; it's more potent than moonshine.

In GEAR » Safest Fuel for Alcohol Stove??
April 06, 9:46am

AT
I would want some bug protection and maybe an extra 2l platy

In Pre-Trip Planning » Last minute change from CT to AT?
April 05, 2:18pm

Ideas for day hikes in Arkansas Ozarks
I'm going to visit my son in college in Conway Arkansas. I'm planning to float a section of the Buffalo River. I was hoping to find a nice day hike in the area too. Any ideas?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Ideas for day hikes in Arkansas Ozarks
April 03, 3:33pm

shelter
Look at Zpacks, tarptent, or a tarp and headnet.

In GEAR » Thruhiker looking for (ultra)light shelter recommendations
March 30, 10:00am

Spifire
I just went on a 3-night with a friend who was using the Spitfire. It rained 3 nights. He got wet 3 nights. He had the same sagging Corey mentioned. He also complained of a small vestibule to s...

In GEAR » eureka spitfire and solitaire
March 30, 9:20am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.