BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 701 - 710 of 982 | Page: 1 ...62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ...99

Forum » Thread

pictures
Thanks for posting. I think I just might fit inside one myself.

In GEAR » Hexamid Solo + w/Beak
January 17, 8:20am

Connecting the fins
I see a lot of good designs for fins. I think most of them will work fine at absorbing the heat. The fins then need to transfer the heat to the can. I don't think the fins will conduct to th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fins on a Rockstar can
January 17, 8:09am

How breathable
Is there any data showing how breathable this stuff is? Honestly, I never think the waterproof breathable stuff is that good in moderate humid weather. OP's description makes it sound more br...

In GEAR » ZPacks Waterproof Breathable Cuben Fiber Rain Jacket
January 16, 9:15am

Windscreen
I want to fiddle with this when I have time too. I was thinking you could hang a windscreen off those fins.

January 11, 6:48am

JB Weld
Looks like a really fun concept and has my brain working. Any idea how well JB Weld conducts heat? Web site says it doesn't conduct electricity but is silent regarding heat. A little interne...

January 10, 4:15pm

Heat fins
Well executed. A thought: If you extended the fins down below the bottom of the pot, would they act as a windscreen and simply funnel all the flames along the pot? If so, could you avoid carrying...

January 10, 4:08pm

Hexamid and the tall
Thanks for the info. I was interested in one but am also 6'4" and had this concern. I was thinking of the twin size with no beak. Let me know how it works with the thick pad. I use one...

In GEAR » Hexamid Solo + w/Beak
January 10, 3:57pm

Big tarp, no bivy
I go with a GG twin sized tarp and no bivy on most occasions. I really like the set up. It feels open. No bivy has ever been needed 3 seasons.

In GEAR » Why even use a bivy?
January 09, 8:01am

Facebook for backpacking geeks
I love BPL. Its just like Facebook if all my friends were backpacking geeks.

In Chaff » Ryan Jordan and BPL Staff, I'm calling you out!
January 07, 8:22pm

If the risk is low, why carry?
If the risk of serious injury by a bear is really that low, should NOLS be teaching people to use bear spray in the area. Honestly, wouldn't they be better off teaching that there are a few pl...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alone in a vast Alaskan wilderness, seven teens fend off a grizzly bear—then try to stay alive
January 06, 3:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.