BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 701 - 710 of 993 | Page: 1 ...62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ...100

Forum » Thread

Water under the tarp
I think you'll be surprised at how water does NOT run under a tarp unless you do a really bad job of site selection. At least in most places, the water soaks in the ground and goes down instea...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Keeping water out with a MLD TrailStar
January 25, 12:35pm

Slouching pad/Sleeping hiker
You blew hot air into it until it was tight. Left alone, the air cools and contracts in volume. I would add extra air to make sure it really does have a leak and not just contracting air. My pad...

In GEAR » NeoAir X-Lite Leaky
January 25, 12:30pm

EB
I do own some EB too for just that reason. @Kelly I would love boxing if they didn't hit back.

In GEAR » Problems finding clothing brands that run skinny and long...
January 23, 6:27pm

Tall and skinny
I feel your pain. 6'4" 180 lbs and 38" arms here. I am a nightmare to fit as well. I have had luck with some Stoic products from Backcountry. I got a wool shirt with thumbloops th...

In GEAR » Problems finding clothing brands that run skinny and long...
January 23, 9:37am

Home brew
Just did my final rack of my first batch of Ben's home brew IPA. I need to find a way to get it in a light container. Wish me luck.

In Chaff » "Beer in a Can"
January 19, 7:15pm

Wind shirt in southern Apps
I would definitely want a windshirt in the southern apps. When moving, you wont want your puffy or raingear on most of the time. The windshirt will be great to go over your base layers while movi...

In GEAR » School me on wind shirts...
January 19, 4:03pm

Execution
Well done Nick. I will try this on my pot

In Make Your Own Gear » Paint your pot black and add fins. It works!
January 18, 8:31pm

Pics
+1 on the pics. I assumed my stove would melt thin aluminum like that. Love to see how you did it.

January 18, 11:50am

Radiation
Also not sure the radiation heat transfer is going to vary significantly by virtue of the fins. A windscreen is going to keep the hot gases in similarly.

In Make Your Own Gear » Fins on a Rockstar can
January 18, 11:42am

Fins
Well done, nick. I assume the fins are flexible and lay flat against the pot for packing?

January 18, 7:58am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.