BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 701 - 710 of 969 | Page: 1 ...62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ...97

Forum » Thread

Gaia
People seem to like this gps app a lot. I have yet to use it.

In GEAR » Android apps - your favorites?
January 05, 3:43pm

AT
Burn it up Ryan. I predict you'll do well.

In Gear Lists » My 2012 AT Thru Hike List
January 04, 9:21pm

Neoair
Neoair is thick and comfy and also makes a wide pad. Probably cushier than any of the weight hogs you have listed. 19 oz. for the big wide Neoair. And they sell them everywhere; its easy to try ...

In GEAR » 3 Choices! ! ! (Sleeping Pads)
January 04, 4:09pm

Adds
You might want small bottles of soap/sanitizer, DEET, sunscreen. A windshirt can be REALLY useful too. I bet money you would use it a lot.

January 04, 3:57pm

Gear list
Looks like a pretty good start on your list to me. I would consider dropping the ground sheet and 2 dry bags. That's a pretty heavy pack; you could lose a lot with a lighter pack. Ther...

January 04, 1:51pm

Correction
Yes, vertical. I have a mental glitch that always switches those 2 words up.

In Philosophy & Technique » Has anyone ~actually~ measured boil times of wide vs. narrow pot?
January 04, 8:09am

Switch
Just switched from iphone to Android-based Galaxy II S. I am very happy with the switch. Gaia is on Android too.

In GEAR » iPhone Apps
January 03, 4:16pm

Tall pots
I remember from my old engineering school days being surprised at how high the convection rates were for a horizontal surface like a tall pot has.

In Philosophy & Technique » Has anyone ~actually~ measured boil times of wide vs. narrow pot?
January 03, 3:08pm

Country ham
Love country ham. I can't believe I have never packed it before. How long does it last with no refrigeration?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Freeze dried Ham in foil pouches
January 03, 11:29am

Tall vs. Short
No tests done here. But I suspect a windscreen, particularly a cone that funnels the heat around the sides of the tall pot, may reduce this difference. I suspect that a good windscreen allows a f...

January 03, 7:49am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.