BPL Community Profile

paul buzzard (troop208) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale paul buzzard hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me paul buzzard has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by paul buzzard

Showing 71 - 80 of 87 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

white gas stoves
We used Nova stoves that our troop already owned. Not very light, but can handle big pots easily, and are very fuel efficient. We had big group, 13, and took two 16 ounce bottles initially. Cook...

In Philmont » Backpacking Light @ Philmont
November 20, 9:25am

sil nylon extra waterproofing
Scott S In response to your thought about additional waterproofing with the JW method, I heartily endorse it. 3:1 for seams, and 4:1 for general extra layer of waterproof. It also removes the ...

In GEAR » Bivy questions
October 20, 12:45pm

floor slip
Or you can paint the entire/most/direct sleeping area of the floor with the waterproofing mix of 1 part by weight of silicone caulk and 3 or 4 parts odorless mineral spirits by weight. Makes the s...

In GEAR » Sliding pad
August 29, 12:44pm

gear
We got back in mid July. Cleveland OH contingent. Regarding bear ropes, IMO, hit or miss, depending on ranger. The stated policy is use Philmont rope. We had a new ranger, 5th trip out. She wa...

In Gear Lists » Philmont gear selection..
August 13, 8:05am

ss 2 vs 3 and quality
Ben T, The 2 vs. 3 and temp difference, I can only summarize based on a sample size of one bag each, lol. From the specs, the 2 has 15.4 ounces of fill vs 11 on the three. That 4.4 ounces of 8...

In GEAR » Montbell UL SS bag question
August 11, 8:18am

sleeping temp
Ha Ha, Sleeping is such an individual thing, temp wise. I bought the SS #3 long, (couldn't fit in the regular, no way, and I am 6' even), and test slept in my garage when the temp was righ...

In GEAR » Montbell UL SS bag question
August 08, 12:45pm

pack weight vs. $
David, You did fine IMO. I was right there, #33 with 4 liters of water and 4 days food starting out from base camp. I had a one pound stool that was my saving grace, and never empty when I was...

In Gear Lists » Philmont gear selection..
August 04, 6:35am

best ounce
Butt/sitting pad made from old Ridge rest. Now I never leave home without it.

In Philosophy & Technique » Best ounce you ever carried?
July 18, 7:10am

amsteel/hanging methods
Scott, I didn't want to fight our ranger on hanging methods. Good luck with using another non philmont way, depends on the ranger, no doubt. Make sure you test your biners for weight holdi...

In Philmont » LIghtweight Philmont Experince
July 18, 6:51am

rope
The Philmont rope is some very large 1/2" diameter nylon. Two 150' lengths. Big and heavy, but works. We got the Amsteel from the same place as mentioned in, I think this thread, Redden...

In Philmont » LIghtweight Philmont Experince
July 16, 7:06am

All Reader Reviews by paul buzzard

paul buzzard has posted no reviews.