Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tony Burnett (tlbj6142) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale OH--IO
About Me Tony Burnett has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbus
StateOH

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Burnett

Showing 71 - 80 of 191 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Fox-30 not Deuter-30
Unless they changed the color, the Fox-30 is grey/black. Just looked, I guess they did change the color.

In GEAR » Lightweight pack for children?
November 22, 8:09am

Re: winter stove
Frank; At -19F? Or below 19F?

In GEAR » MELTING SNOW: Fuel Efficiency and Boil Time Comparisons of Four Gas Backpacking Stoves in Winter Conditions
November 21, 1:54pm

Lightweight pack for children?
I'll second the Fox-30. It has a fully adjustable torso length so it will "grow" with your child. The hipbelt can be a bit too big for skinny kids (say less than 8 yo). Weighs 2.2#. Has a few t...

In GEAR » Lightweight pack for children?
November 21, 9:35am

Re: photo hyperlink test
bob, how did you do that? The thread shows a thumbnail, yet the link show a fullsized image? Did you upload two pics to photobucket?

In User Test Forum » photo link test
November 17, 10:14am

Re: photo hyperlink test
pre Test post test

In User Test Forum » photo link test
November 17, 8:15am

GG Ozone -- $119
I own a GG Nimbus Ozone (3#) for hiking with my kids and winter hiking. I love it. I stopped by a rarely visited outfitter's today and noticed they had 4-6 GG Nimbus Ozones (didn't check size, e...

In Gear Deals » GG Ozone -- $119
November 16, 5:10pm

Re: Snow melt: When and how much?
Re-reading the above article, it seems as though Dr J melts snow 3 times per day... Mid-day: 2.5L melt no boil! Evening: 2.5L melt and *boil* <optional 3am re-heat?> Morning: re-boil (s...

In GEAR » MELTING SNOW: Fuel Efficiency and Boil Time Comparisons of Four Gas Backpacking Stoves in Winter Conditions
November 16, 3:19pm

Snow melt: When and how much?
I remember reading a trip report? Technique article? In which Dr. J mentioned melting snow twice per day? 2L am (to carry and drink during the day), and more in the evening. Any one find that a...

November 16, 2:58pm

Snow: Boil or Treat?
I've often wondered the same thing. You will most likely at least warm the water in an attempt to keep you warm (in your bag) or to prevent it from freezing (during the day in your pack). So, I w...

November 16, 12:28pm

Equinox bivy
I see its listed at 93" x33", is that when it is flat? Meaning it only has a 66" girth? If so, that might be a bit tight for me. Any ideas what the girth is at its widest point? At the end of...

In GEAR » Equinox Ultralight Bivy
November 15, 6:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Tony Burnett

Tony Burnett has posted no reviews.