BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 71 - 80 of 369 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: Tents
Interesting! Yeah they do look like scarps, but how do you mean they look less weather resistant? At the very least they are wind tunnel tested, so you know exactly what to expect from them. ...

In GEAR » Two new tents and two new packs
March 28, 2:14am

Re: Re: Re: Most important gear item
"I haven't used in in a downpour or windstorm yet" - Ian Me neither, yet, but when I first got it, I gave it a thorough hose test on full power against all sides. There were only ...

In GEAR » Most important gear item
March 26, 9:55am

Re: Better Esbit Ti Folding Stove idea
Hmmm. Nice idea. What about making the ring taller to act as your windscreen as well? You could also cut notches in the bottom so it slips over the arms and sits lower to the ground, then you co...

In Make Your Own Gear » Better Esbit Ti Folding Stove idea
March 26, 3:07am

Re: Mitt pattern
Mittens needn't be that complicated. Try the link provided in the post above mine. I am super interested to see the finished product and hear how they work. Where did you get the material f...

In Make Your Own Gear » FroggToggs Rain mitts
March 26, 3:01am

Re: Most important gear item
Well, what do you want to do now? >Buy quality items that are light that you will not need to replace, based soley on our suggestions? >Or just get decently light items for cheap to g...

In GEAR » Most important gear item
March 26, 2:44am

Re: Need high zoom P+S recomendation
Thanks for the suggestions so far! Using your suggestions for key words to enhance my Google fu, I narrowed it down to the Panasonic zs19/20 and the Sony hx30. From the bit of reviews I've f...

In Photography » Need high zoom P+S recomendation
March 25, 10:32am

Re: razor blade
Wait, why can't a razor blade be resharpened? I must have missed something. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fixed blade guy all the way, but if it is made of metal, it can be resharpened. ...

In GEAR » Why a knife instead of scissors?
March 22, 1:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Southern Hair
Yeah, I suppose I should have just been more blunt. I was trying not to be, but it seems those commenting on this thread don't have an issue with it. Also, I thought the forum censored the word...

In GEAR » Still going without tp?
March 22, 10:12am

Re: Platy Plus
Sooo, the rum runners should work with the sawyer squeeze? I'm about to order a couple and that is the only thing stopping me right now.

In GEAR » Platy 1L SoftBottle vs PlusBottle?
March 22, 10:00am

Re: Missing tent?
I really like this idea, but other than the MSR missing link, I think it would be difficult to get in and out without getting water inside when it's raining. I wonder if you had something li...

In GEAR » Missing tent?
March 22, 9:24am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.