Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 71 - 80 of 375 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
I just wanted to say that I hate this thread, and all of you for posting in it!

In Photo Gallery » Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
April 04, 5:25am

Re: Henry Coe St Park-Spring Time in Full Bloom
Thanks for the pics! I've always wanted to hike Coe in full bloom. Was supposed to go there for a day hike with the Mrs. this Saturday, but she has to work now. Ho hum... One of these years...

In Photo Gallery » Henry Coe St Park- Spring Time in Full Bloom!
April 04, 5:20am

big basin
If you are considering big basin as a warm up trip, I would highly recomend the Sunset loop. You will see several nice waterfalls along the way, and one good stretch is walking along a creek. Bi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Easy, scenic trail suggestions for a newbie
April 04, 4:40am

Re: Petzl E+lite
another vote for e+lite. When backpacking, I'm usually sleeping when it's dark, all I really need a flashlight for is to find something I put on the ground during dinner at dusk, or to fin...

In GEAR » Input on new headlamp?
April 01, 6:09am

Re: Re: Update
Wow, I'm kind of excited to see the finished product! If you can come in under a pound, and work on getting the popular parks aproval, you might really have something here. I think, even if y...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG <2lb Electric Bear Fence
April 01, 1:55am

Re: PCT record attempt - need help/advice from the ultra runners
gajooing, gajoing, gajoing... What the hell is that sound coming from? Hey, did that guy just pass us on a pogo stick?! haha, that would be awesome! Unless I had to listen to "gajoing"...

In GEAR » PCT record attempt - need help/advice from the ultra runners
April 01, 1:35am

Re: Tents
Interesting! Yeah they do look like scarps, but how do you mean they look less weather resistant? At the very least they are wind tunnel tested, so you know exactly what to expect from them. ...

In GEAR » Two new tents and two new packs
March 28, 2:14am

Re: Re: Re: Most important gear item
"I haven't used in in a downpour or windstorm yet" - Ian Me neither, yet, but when I first got it, I gave it a thorough hose test on full power against all sides. There were only ...

In GEAR » Most important gear item
March 26, 9:55am

Re: Better Esbit Ti Folding Stove idea
Hmmm. Nice idea. What about making the ring taller to act as your windscreen as well? You could also cut notches in the bottom so it slips over the arms and sits lower to the ground, then you co...

In Make Your Own Gear » Better Esbit Ti Folding Stove idea
March 26, 3:07am

Re: Mitt pattern
Mittens needn't be that complicated. Try the link provided in the post above mine. I am super interested to see the finished product and hear how they work. Where did you get the material f...

In Make Your Own Gear » FroggToggs Rain mitts
March 26, 3:01am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.