Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Segraves (sbill9000) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Bill Segraves hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Bill Segraves has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Segraves

Showing 71 - 80 of 276 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...28

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: That's it
Thanks, Franco. Some interesting ideas, but I'm not so sure about some of conclusions, or underlying explanations. IMO, it's really *not* all that clear exactly how much a few extra oun...

In GEAR » "When your pants are kinda heavy..."
February 18, 3:43pm

Re: Re: missing the point
"And we KNOW just how many miles are chopped off your day per pound weight extra. See Ryan's article on the Arctic 100 trip, where he spells the numbers out clearly." Can someone p...

In GEAR » "When your pants are kinda heavy..."
February 17, 6:57pm

Re: ultralight waders
What type of float tube, what shoes and what fins? Know what it all weighs? Would be useful to compare complete systems for getting around in the water. Cheers, Bill S.

In Fishing » ultralight waders
February 14, 8:42pm

Re: UL positive feedback system
Thanks, Bas, for starting such an interesting thread. I'm not sure I buy all the feedback loops. Lightening my footwear and lightening my backpack doesn't necessarily enable me to lighten ...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL positive feedback system
February 14, 8:38pm

Re: Yes to KO
"The one downside with the PCT is that a lot of thru-hikers there have already hiked the AT. A related question is whether foot growth mostly occurs on the first long distance trip. So a key p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » FOOT GROWTH STUDY!!!!
February 11, 8:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: frame bag makers
I take your point, David. THanks for the info.

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » bikepacking without panniers
February 05, 7:22pm

Re: Re: bikepacking without panniers
"You seen http://ultralightcycling.blogspot.com.au/" I had not, Megan. THanks, that's a great site! Cheers, Bill PS - I particularly like the behind-seat compression bag w...

February 05, 3:21pm

Re: Re: Re: frame bag makers
"Seat post beam racks will break. All of them. If you don't tour a ton it might not be an issue." I'm thinking Blackburn spec'd to carry 21 lbs isn't going to be stress...

February 05, 3:20pm

Re: Re: bikepacking without panniers
"Just curious... Why not a rear rack?" I'm not opposed to a seatpost-mounted rear rack. Indeed, I think it's probably the best way for me to add additional space to what I can ...

February 04, 8:53pm

Re: bikepacking without panniers
Thanks for all the great replies, especially the practical advice about various types of frame bags! I suspect I'm going to try going with something on the front (either standard handlebar bag...

February 04, 8:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Segraves

Bill Segraves has posted no reviews.