Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Guest

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 71 - 80 of 484 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...49

Forum » Thread

FS: Marmot, Helium 15 Degree Sleeping Bag and SMD Starlight Pack
OP updated and additional pack photos added.

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot, Helium 15 Degree Sleeping Bag and SMD Starlight Pack
November 16, 3:29pm

Adding more pictures of Starlight Pack. It is the older style external pocket, ( which I liked better than the newer inner pouch for easier access for sit down breaks when a Z-rest is nice ), the a...

November 16, 9:59am

Updated original post.

November 15, 10:58pm

Myth
I'm with Hiking Malto on this. Starting early I've gone hours without seeing another person. I get many miles in while passing by tents in the morning and evening. Two years ago in the high...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Is the JMT "crowded"?
November 15, 4:01pm

FS: Marmot, Helium 15 Degree Sleeping Bag and SMD Starlight
The Helium is a Regular. Updated OP. Joshua, thanks for the offer on the GoLite quilt. I would actually consider a trade for a quilt, as I have been thinking of trying out one in the 20-30 degre...

November 15, 2:56pm

Marmot sleeping bag in excellent condition. It is a 15 degree bag that has been used twice, REGULAR/Left Side 1/2 length zipper. No holes, tears, or blemishes. Kept in storage bag in smoke free and...

November 15, 2:04pm

Ruby Mountains, NV
My co-worker just got back from a weeklong Elko trip and did a bunch of hiking in the Rubies. Snow wasn't an issue except up higher where there were a few calf-high drifts. It sounds like gaite...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Ruby Mountains, NV - Help quick! one day.
November 08, 8:53pm

Ruby Mountains
Just drive up Lamoille Canyon and look any direction and go! Yes, they did get some snow, but not enough yet to be a show-stopper, but also not enough where an ice axe will do you any good either. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Ruby Mountains, NV - Help quick! one day.
November 08, 7:23am

SHR Maps
Thanks the great idea Andrew! I will check if I need to supply the map paper or if they carry it.

In Gear Swap » Sierra High Route Maps
October 22, 6:54pm

WTB - SHR Maps
Just an evening check to see if anyone out there has a set they are willing to sell?

In Gear Swap » Sierra High Route Maps
October 22, 6:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm