BPL Community Profile

Elena Lee (lenchik101) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest (USA)
About Me Elena Lee has not added a biography yet.
CityBellevue
StateWashington
My PDF Gear ListN Cascades

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Elena Lee

Showing 71 - 80 of 163 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

rainier climb list
Here is the list, sorry for the mess, i cut and pasted it from my Excel sheet. CLIMBING GEAR - SUMMER Oz PACKING Backpack: GoLite Pinnacle 23.0 Pack Liner: Trash Compactor Bag (2) 0.5 ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Rainier light?
January 27, 8:57pm

gear list
I can also send you my entire gear list for this climb if you'd like.

January 27, 12:42pm

you can do it light carefully
it really depends on the 1. weather 2. your route 3. your skill level. Check out these excellent weather conditions resources: http://mountrainierweather.blogspot.com/ I went there two times...

January 27, 12:36pm

jacket temps
I'm usually on a colder side of the range than the most... i felt like that above the treeline at 20 F with 30mph winds wearing it under my goretex shell, when not moving. i took this jacke...

In GEAR » Question for Montbell UL down inner jacket users
January 26, 12:40pm

search and rescue apprehension to lightweight
OMG, this is so true! i'm currently going thru a search and rescue training. This "experienced" instructor guy made a whole speech how the lightweight packing was so inappropriate in ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Going solo? How has ultralight made you an outcast?
January 19, 4:18pm

Re: Anyone has experience with Garmin Oregon/Dakota
Joe, thanks, i read your review. I believe Oregon 450 comes without the maps, and you mentioned a plethora of 3rd party maps available. Which ones do you recommend? is it worth buying the Garmin CD...

In GEAR » Anyone has experience with Garmin Oregon/Dakota?
January 15, 3:24pm

Re: purchasing suggestions
Josh: thanks for the REI tip, i'll certainly check it out. and for the Dakota review, this is exactly what i wanted to hear. Bob: my main purpose for the GPS navigation is featureless or or ...

January 15, 10:37am

Anyone has experience with Garmin Oregon/Dakota?
I got a Garmin present for Christmas and hesitate which unit to buy. I would appreciate any help/advice you might have. Currently, i'm looking at two units : Garmin Oregon 450 (which is a ...

January 14, 3:42pm

Re: Re: Lighten Your Heaviest Gear: You!
Brian, i sort of agree with your post that fats aren't necessarily bad for you. My great grandmother from Ukraine lived to 104 years old. She has survived two world wars, the fall of the two em...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lighten Your Heaviest Gear: You!
December 22, 11:26am

montbells
Just came from search and rescue training where i wore the montbell wind pants. while some people's heavy duty pants ripped apart by some of the most extreme bushwhacking i've ever seen for...

In GEAR » Pants - BPL Thorofare v. Montbell Stretch Windpants & others
December 21, 1:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Elena Lee

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

evernew ultralight 1.3l ti pot
I've had mine since 2002 and still going. I have one with titanium coating, and use it as a share pot with hiking partner. The quality of this pot is impeccable. Its insulated handles are grea...

In Cookware - Titanium
January 29, 12:34pm

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
Awesome shirt as evidenced by some night forest creatures who ate it. Now my shirt comes with cool hole design all over it that some people think came "as is" from the manufacturer... so...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
January 29, 12:23pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
I have a women's version size small. I'm not sure if there is any difference between men's and women's besides the size. I also have an Osprey Talon 33 pack. What i use it for: I...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 29, 12:07pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Important! this bag could be too narrow who is larger torso/wider shoulder. bought it for my man but it didn't work for him - he liked megalite. otherwise a great bag for those who sleep on a c...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 11:46pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
Just to add some to the above reviews: Wind: Hadn't had a chance to use in the extreme wind but contemplating taking this tent on a winter trip. The new version has standard tieouts on the side...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
December 01, 11:00pm

Montbell UL Down Inner Parka
Ok, everyone has beef with the hood. I couldn't have honestly thought of one fault with the Montbell UL Parka before reading this thread. Lightweight, warm, wind and water resistant- a perfect...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 01, 10:43pm