Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Brown (johnbrown2005) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Portland, OR
About Me John Brown has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Brown

Showing 71 - 80 of 330 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...33

Forum » Thread

Replacement for Montrail 08 Hardrocks?
My last pair of squirreled away 08 Hardrock's are worn out. What's my nearest closest replacement, Montrail or otherwise? I had a pair of 09's that were not half the shoe in fit or qu...

In GEAR » Replacement for Montrail 08 Hardrocks?
June 22, 3:34pm

Wallowas/Eagle Cap vs Sierras
thanks for the feedback! For those have you who have been to both, would you go to Eagle Cap Wilderness ahead of Sierra's? Any intel on snow levels in Eagle Cap in mid-July? Or know where...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Top quality backpacking w/in 6hrs of Portland OR?
June 07, 11:31pm

Top quality backpacking w/in 6hrs of Portland OR?
Hey folks, Trying to figure out whether there's any backpacking of comparable quality to the Sierra's or Rockies within 6hrs drive of Portland? Any thoughts on where to start looking? D...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Top quality backpacking w/in 6hrs of Portland OR?
June 05, 8:45pm

Free topo layers for Google Earth?
I had figured this out a year ago, but now am on a different computer and technology has changed. What do you guys use to get topo layers onto google earth? If you have links that would be awesom...

In GEAR » Free topo layers for Google Earth?
June 05, 8:44pm

Tikka XP2 - Price Drop
Let's try it at $45

In Gear Swap » Tikka XP 2
March 31, 12:20am

Tikka XP 2
New condition Tikka XP 2. This is the one with the red led in addition to the white, and the slide up diffuser. Good stuff. $50 shipped via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation to USA. ...

In Gear Swap » Tikka XP 2
March 30, 12:12am

gear app
awesome, gonna check it out now.

In GEAR » iPhone Gear List App
February 15, 12:17am

WTB - Tarptent Moment
Good usable condition, doesn't have to be mint, but I do want to know what wear it has, and make sure the price is adjusted accordingly. Can do a straight cash purchase (paypal)and/or have a...

In Gear Swap » WTB - Tarptent Moment
February 15, 12:15am

why a knife
I carry one because I like them. That said, I have never used one for anything essential, beyond cutting an apple.

In Philosophy & Technique » Why a knife?
December 21, 10:40pm

Finding great home for great hiking dog
Thanks for the kind words folks. We rescued Luke a year ago from an abusive situation. He came to us with cuts and swelling on eyes and mouth. I've worked with him through two levels of trai...

In Chaff » Giving up a good hiking dog
December 20, 3:09pm

All Reader Reviews by John Brown

John Brown has posted no reviews.