BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Platt (jeremy089786) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Sydney
About Me Jeremy Platt has not added a biography yet.
StateN.S.W
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://www.facebook.com/TransScooters
My PDF Gear ListNZ lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Platt

Showing 71 - 80 of 284 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...29

Forum » Thread

Update
I now have a good bit of wear and tear on these poles (140 hard km's). Positives: - Have not broken yet - I put them through tough conditions - Do not slip nearly as often as Ti Goat p...

In GEAR » Anyone using the Locus Gear carbon fiber trekking poles?
April 13, 8:19pm

post gear list
Hi Guys, Thanks a bunch for the Gear advice. I have posted a quick post trip gear list for anyone interested. http://hiking26.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/nz-post-trip-gear-list.html Cheers, ...

In Gear Lists » 10 Day NZ Hike
April 13, 8:08pm

Weather
For the sake of tourism to Australia, I would say most of the continent usually experiences reasonable - good and often predictable weather (think deserts, most valleys, most places near the coast...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tunnel Tents Tutorial and State of the Market Report - Part 1: Definition and Pitching
April 13, 5:05pm

El Cheapo
The cheapest solution I could find is a small $20 kmart raft which I cut holes in to make it self bailing. Its biggest problem is, as mentioned earlier, crappy valves which do not allow it to devel...

In Packrafting » Cheaper Raft Options
April 07, 1:09am

folding
When you develop the folding version I am in!

In Gear Deals » New: TSS Titanium Field Scapel: Self Sharpening UL Blade: Pre-order price.
April 05, 2:40am

Hexamids
Hi Michael, Sounds like you made a good choice. I have had a duo for 1.5 years and love it but unless your girlfriend is a midget at 6"3 you really will not be fitting her into it. I am 6&q...

In GEAR » Hexamid owners, solo+ vs. twin?
April 02, 3:20pm

Nice
Great Review! Seems like they might be the perfect poles to turn into packraft paddles?

In Editor's Roundtable » Easton Mountain Products CTR-70 Trekking Poles Review
March 28, 9:30pm

Thanks for the link
Thanks for that link David, a shame to see. Anybody else thinking about taking his place? Also need someone to make ultralight floating tubes for rapids!

In On the Web » A much needed update to KookaBay.com
March 25, 6:00pm

+1
Awesome Pack!

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished First MYOG Pack
March 18, 12:21am

Taper
Thanks again steve for blazing the trail on this one, I have bonded a bunch of stuff this way now. I have cut a taper into a large neoir but haven't fully sealed it yet so am yet to know wh...

In GEAR » Trimming a Neoair
March 18, 12:18am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Platt

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Excellent service: very fast to reply, happy to talk about modifications/ deals and makes a great product. Who could want more?

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 06, 9:56pm

zpacks Company
This one is short and sweet but Joe is a pleasure to deal with. He replied quickly to my emails, got my order in on time and is happy to discuss idea. I would highly recommend zpacks to everyone.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 17, 5:41am

GossamerGear Mariposa
I have had this pack for a couple of months now and I do really like it but I find for me it has just too many little problems to justify giving it a 5. I will start with some good points - it is supe...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 17, 5:30am