Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Graeme Finley (gfinley001) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Graeme Finley has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Graeme Finley

Showing 71 - 80 of 90 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

Maximum reasonable carry weight for GG Mariposa?
I currently own GG G5 and G6 packs and like them a lot. I'm considering an '07 PCT thru hike and am weighing my pack options. I'm looking at the Mariposa as a possibility, but unsure of the realist...

In GEAR » Maximum reasonable carry weight for GG Mariposa?
February 05, 10:34am

Plumpynut!
Anybody come across this stuff? 154 calories an ounce. http://www.nutriset.fr/products/en/malnut/plumpy.php

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Plumpynut!
November 14, 4:22pm

Re: east side Sods access
I went the Laneville route to spend a night out in the Sods just before New Year last year. Although it was technically winter the conditions were about as benign as you could hope for. The road t...

In Winter Hiking » Low elevation Winter Setup
November 08, 2:41pm

Re: Re: Saving Ryan's Privates: Update
Given the limited duration of the trip, is a Princton Tec Eos necessary as a headlamp? A Black Diamond Ion would save over two ounces. It doesn't have all the flexibility of the Eos, and only has...

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
November 01, 2:30pm

Re: Fall sleeping system
A lot depends on how cold a sleeper you are, but I know I'd struggle in those temps with a 40 degree bag and your additional clothing. Do you have a lightweight down/synthetic insulated jacket you ...

In Gear Lists » Fall sleeping system
October 27, 3:17pm

"Best" Lightweight Down Jacket?
I'm looking for a lightweight down jacket that can take me down into the teens while camping this winter. I'm looking at something in the 1lb or less range, for example: Montbell Alpine Jacket (...

In GEAR » "Best" Lightweight Down Jacket?
October 25, 7:59am

Re: G6 and water? bungees?
I have 2 1L platypus canteens that I use with my G6 (and G5 for that matter). I usually carry one full in the rear pocket and one rolled up and empty inside the pack (for use while camping). I have...

In GEAR » Gossamer gear G6 and water?
October 18, 3:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: spinnshelter/bivy combo
My pad combination recently has been a GG Torsolite torso pad (3.7oz) plus a GG Nightlight (2oz). The two together give me effectively a full length pad - not a lot of padding under the legs but e...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bivvy sack with Tarp Tents ?
October 04, 2:34pm

Re: Re: re.Tarptent/Bivy combo
Michael, I like the Atom as a summer bag quite a lot. It's well made and the Pertex Quantum shell gives you some comfort range in wet conditions. I find I'm not comfortable in it below 50F wit...

October 04, 2:31pm

re.Tarptent/Bivy combo
I have a HS Squall and a GG Spinnshelter, the Spinshelter being my shelter of choice for solo trips. I've never felt the need for a bivy using the Spinnshelter since it has provided very effective ...

October 03, 10:28am

All Reader Reviews by Graeme Finley

Graeme Finley has posted no reviews.