BPL Community Profile

Kyle Purcell (dufus934) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me I'm a Bible believing follower of Christ. I've been backpacking for about 15 years now. A few of things that I'm really interested in are making my own gear, survival techniques and gear. I have a lot of questions and a few answers.
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.uriahthevagabond.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Purcell

Showing 71 - 80 of 174 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Asym vs. Rectangular
What are the adavantages and disadvantages of an asym vs a rectangular tarp. I am trying to make one of the two designs, but I can't make up my mind. There are a lot smarter people on this si...

In Make Your Own Gear » Asym vs. Rectangular
April 02, 11:19am

Funny how things work
This is actually one idea that I have been considering making. Due to laziness, fear (of there being something better), and some procrastination, I have not started my tarp yet. However, to answe...

In Make Your Own Gear » Evaluate my tarp idea?
April 02, 11:17am

foil
I have gotten it before from hobby lobby. It works awesome and comes in a roll of varying lengths.

In Make Your Own Gear » Windscreen foil
April 01, 2:19pm

Mil surplus
I've seen large military duffle bags for as little as $5 at some places, maybe you could just buy one and throw it away (or sell/give it away) when you get to your destination. Or you could ju...

In Make Your Own Gear » Backpack Cover for Airline/Train Travel
March 31, 11:28am

yakima rack question
I just got a new SUV, and I love it. I am trying to outfit it with a Yakima Rack system, but the price is a very big issue. Does anyone know of a dependable place that I can get the parts I need ...

In Chaff » yakima rack question
March 19, 11:25am

???
no one knows this info?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Edible Plants
March 14, 12:24pm

Edible Plants
Anyone know where I can go to learn about edible plants in Arkansas? I know I probably won't run out of food (I always bring too much), but I would just like to have this knowledge. Thanks ya...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Edible Plants
March 10, 4:37pm

tarp application
Any one see why tyvek wouldn't work for a tarp? Will it hold up to the tension? And, has anyone ever sewed through this stuff?

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightest WPB fabric available to us
March 07, 10:32am

High Volume Option?
Go for the high volume and make a bag out of a 50 gal contractor bag! Really though, that is an awesome project. Very creative. I will be anxious (as I'm sure most will) to see the durabil...

In Make Your Own Gear » 110 g backpack
March 07, 8:51am

shoulder straps
You could try to get some closed cell foam (blue $5 pad from walmart) and some extra ripstop nylon (also from walmart in dollar bin), and just sew strips as big as you want to the inside of the str...

In Make Your Own Gear » MH Scrambler upgrade
March 07, 8:47am

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Purcell

Kyle Purcell has posted no reviews.