BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 71 - 80 of 657 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...66

Forum » Thread

PCT Footwear for Oregon/Washington
At risk of sounding like one of those brides who talks incessantly about her wedding day seven years ago, I shall write again about the PCT experience... First I want to point out that no years ...

In GEAR » PCT footwear for Oregon/Washington?
January 22, 10:35am

Good point on the vestibule
Christopher You are right, those need to be staked out if there is any wind. My bad! Dirk

In GEAR » Super fast set-up tent / Pop-up Tent / Easy-up Tent
January 22, 10:11am

Re:My BPL family, an apology
How bad of a guy could you be? You own a Vanagon. Makes you okay in my book.

In Chaff » My BPL family, an apology
January 21, 8:03pm

Re: Super fast setup tent
This is an interesting question. I think the MSR Hubba is pretty dangeasy to setup. You don't have to stake it down either. It involves some clips, and that's about it. And there is one...

In GEAR » Super fast set-up tent / Pop-up Tent / Easy-up Tent
January 21, 2:33pm

Re: PCT Bear Canister Question
You are correct, the bulk of the canister is somewhat of an inconvenience, but the weight penalty is very minimal if you consider the fact that prior to your entry in the Sierra you walked through ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT Bear Canister Question
January 20, 5:19pm

Re: Olympus
How I would like to see Olympus enjoy some very real success in the wake of everything that has happened. February is shaking up to be a big camera month, and Olympus could use a big win. As much a...

In Photography » Weather Sealed M4/3 Olympus OM-D Body Launch date Feb 8
January 20, 1:36am

Re: 2012 PCT Gear List
Jace - Hiking in a down jacket will likely be far too warm unless you hit some serious cold - so bring gear that you like and feel comfortable hiking with. There really isn't a right answer...

In Gear Lists » 2012 PCT Gear List
January 17, 11:26pm

Nice list
Dan's comments were spot on - I would echo his sentiments when it came to a sleep shirt. Nice to wear something else and allow you shirt to air/dry out overnight. I got cold - even in Californi...

In Gear Lists » 2012 PCT Gear List
January 17, 2:51am

Re: Fishing the PCT
TJ - Very few, if any, thru hikers actively fish with the hopes of sustaining on what they catch. There are not a ton of stocked lakes in Southern California that you pass - but once you reach t...

In Fishing » Fishing the PCT
January 17, 1:20am

Re: PCT resupply
Eric - There are a lot of resources available on resupply including this one. Assuming you and your partner have few dietary restrictions (allergies, vegetarian/vegan, etc), you largely can resu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT Re supply
January 15, 5:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.