November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bradford Rogers (Mocs123) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeast Tennessee
About Me Bradford Rogers has not added a biography yet.
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListPecos Wilderness Late May 2015

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bradford Rogers

Showing 71 - 80 of 2079 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...208

Forum » Thread

Re: Wind Rivers Questions
I second the recommendation on Nancy Pallisters book. I have been there two times from August 24-September 2 in 2012 and August 28-September 4 in 2014. No bugs either time.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wind Rivers Questions
July 29, 1:04pm

Re: Hip belt?
I think the hipbelt is the weak link on most lightweight packs, not the frame. I hate the "wing" belts used by most UL pack makers, and like a wide, full wrap belt even if it doesn't...

In GEAR » Suspension comparison Zimmerbuilt vs GG mariposa vs zPacks arc haul?
July 25, 8:11pm

Re: Teton Crest Trail
My guess is 60ish days and 30ish nights. It certainly could be colder and/or have decent snows but I think you will be fine. I think late august is a great time of year : no bugs and fewer people...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Teton Crest Trail
July 23, 7:44pm

Re: Suggestions for solving a Gear Swap dispute?
I mostly use the "purchase" rather than the "gift" in paypal for two reasons: 1.) paypal is a service which I use. I don't feel like it's fair to lie so I can cheat t...

In Gear Swap » Suggestions for solving a Gear Swap dispute?
July 23, 7:39pm

Re: Wind River in October?
I have been there in early September and ran into a bow hunter which wasn't a big deal (he was a really nice guy). I suspect October is rifle season so I would be sure to wear plenty of orange....

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wind River in October?
July 21, 9:02am

Re: Re: "The new ONE"
The ONE was a excellent and revolutionary shelter back when it was released, but with all the stuff that Z-Packs is doing nowadays I am not sure that will find its place in the market as easily. ...

In GEAR » The new ONE
July 20, 6:48pm

Re: Re: Golite Shangri-La 2 Nest first?
I have an older SL2 but no inner but I do have a couple of other mids with inner nets and always set the "fly" or shelter up first then put the inner net inside.

In GEAR » Golite Shangri-La 2 Shelter: Keep it Simple Stupid
July 20, 10:52am

Re: Replying:
If you are warmer on your side than your back that would indicate to me that it's your pad. With the Downmat and a 20 degree quilt I am warmer on my stomach or back than my side.

In GEAR » Please give suggestions to help solve waking up from cold
July 16, 4:44am

Re: Please give suggestions to help solve waking up from cold
You have some good advice here, but I have one question that I didn't see an answer to: How are you sleeping when you get cold? Are you on your back, stomach, side, etc? That might help pi...

In GEAR » Please give suggestions to help solve waking up from cold
July 15, 5:55pm

Re: Re: robic
"The Dyneema that Gossamer Gear used on it's packs is a lighter grade than what I've seen in GoLite and ULA packs." You are correct Jim, The previous model Gossamer Gear packs...

In GEAR » Updated SMD Fusion Packs
July 15, 5:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Bradford Rogers

Bradford Rogers has posted no reviews.