BPL Community Profile

Bradford Rogers (Mocs123) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeast Tennessee
About Me Bradford Rogers has not added a biography yet.
StateTennessee
My Website URLhttp://www.facebook.com/groups/228683055956?ap=1
My PDF Gear ListSEKI Late September '13

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bradford Rogers

Showing 71 - 80 of 1755 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...176

Forum » Thread

Re: Good early June backpacking areas
True about the snow year as there are a lot of places that might be an option that wouldn't on a normal year. My fiancé will be with me and she has never been out west before. I am thinking ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Good early June backpacking areas
June 09, 11:54am

Good early June backpacking areas
I am thinking way ahead on this one, like June 2015, but wanted to get some ideas for good early June backpacking. I will be flying in from the east so something reasonably close to a major airport...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Good early June backpacking areas
June 09, 8:39am

Re: WTT Golite SL5 Brand New Bamboo Color (gold/yellow) for new/like new Green Fly
I have a green fly and would prefer a bamboo. Mine is last years model (bought in February I think) and has been used on two overnighters in the southeast and a 5 day trip in RMNP. You don't h...

In Gear Swap » WTT Gollite SL5 Brand New Bamboo Color (gold/yellow) for new/like new Green Fly
June 04, 12:01pm

Re: Hot Springs to NOC
I would just wear your regular hiking footwear. For me that would be trail runners and thin wool socks. You may want 3 pairs since they take a while to dry out. Or maybe 2 to rotate hiking and a t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 10 Days on the AT between Hot Springs and NOC
June 02, 8:10am

Re: Pack for 40+ pound loads
McHale LBP. The Paradox packs look interesting but a McHale is the good standard.

In GEAR » Pack for 40+ pound loads
May 24, 6:29am

Re: Re: Ideal shelter for above tree line use in the Wind Rivers
I used a SpinnShelter in the Winds in 2012 and it did a nice job. We had only light rain at night but high winds and it held up well. I have used it in other windy conditions and the only issue I h...

In GEAR » Ideal shelter for above tree line use in the Wind Rivers
May 14, 12:08pm

Re: Ideal shelter for above tree line use in the Wind Rivers
Perhaps a Golite Shangri La 2 ? The two pole design may make it more stable than a duomid.

In GEAR » Ideal shelter for above tree line use in the Wind Rivers
May 12, 12:44pm

Re: Any competition for the Gossamer Gear LT4S?
I have owned all three and like both the Locus Gear and BD better then the Gossamer Gear. I had some of the same issues with the GG as I have with other twist lock poles in the past though they are...

In GEAR » Any competition for the Gossamer Gear LT4S?
May 08, 7:10am

Re: bag
I would take a 20* quilt and use that until you get through the Mt rogers area. You can trade it out for a less warm and lighter quilt in Marion VA. Depending on your speed you may want to switch...

In GEAR » Midlayers?
May 02, 5:50am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ^^^^^^^^^^^^
You can get a Gore Tex pack lite jacket in the 7 to 8 oz range. It doesn't berate all that much better then the PU coated jackets but it is much more durable and waterproof long term in my opi...

In GEAR » Any New UL Rain Jackets on the Market ?
May 01, 9:25am

All Reader Reviews by Bradford Rogers

Bradford Rogers has posted no reviews.