BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 71 - 80 of 257 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...26

Forum » Thread

bear boxer
Thanks Robert, I had seen the Bear Boxers in photos before, but never knew they were lighter than a Bearikade. The price is not horrible on them either. I also like that they taper towards the en...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Light" gear list to shoot for?
December 08, 4:31pm

categories
I think I better understand what you're getting at. So far the pack, bear can, and camera are the only items I have not conceded on, and even some of those I am confident I will be able to li...

December 08, 3:51pm

ultralight
Thanks MB. I'm afraid you might have missed the spirit of this thread, though. I consider a 10-12 lb base weight to be ultralight for a 3-4 day trip at high elevations. I'm looking for s...

December 08, 2:51pm

more light
Thanks again for all the great advice, folks. I'll try to address each in turn. Jennifer, your advice to keep an open mind (others have alluded to it as well), is something I'm trying...

December 08, 1:05pm

lighter gear
Wow, thanks very much for the helpful and insightful replies. It gives me a lot to think about. I used to be much more concerned with redundancy, so that is one area I've already saved a lot ...

December 07, 10:36pm

light gear
Thanks Bob and Andrew, I appreciate your thoughts so far. One thing I've already considered is exchanging the Unna for an Akto, if I really decide I need a Hilleberg for summering in the Sierr...

December 07, 3:46pm

"Light" gear list to shoot for?
Hello all, I'm using the winter months to get my gear in order for summer Sierra backpacking. Let me start by saying I have nothing but respect for people in the 5-10 lb base weight bracket of...

December 07, 2:47pm

Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
"What sort of camera did you use for these, Doug? Beautiful photos!!!" Thanks very much DK! The last three photos were with my old Canon T3 Rebel and kit lens. The last photo, of Cla...

In Photo Gallery » Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
December 06, 9:10pm

Re: Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
Thank you Jay! I think they pale in comparison to most of the photos in this thread, but I sure had some fun times taking them. Now that winter is upon us, I'm planning places to see this com...

December 05, 11:46pm

Lakes
Chicken Springs Lake Thousand Island Lake Summit Lake One of the Clarke Lakes

December 05, 7:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.