BPL Community Profile

Christopher Mills (Hiker816) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Denver
About Me Christopher Mills has not added a biography yet.
CityDenver
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Mills

Showing 71 - 80 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

re: Joe Valesko of Zpack's new Joe Valesko of Zpack's newZPacks™ "Hexamid" Twin Tent or Tarp
Although I'm sure it'd be a great two-person shelter as well, it looks particularly appealing as a super-lux one-person shelter. So much room -- it'd be a palace! And at only 10 oz, t...

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new Joe Valesko of Zpack's newZPacks™ "Hexamid" Twin Tent or Tarp
February 05, 1:21pm

Re: Steripen and thread contamination
If you want an easy solution, get an extra cap for the bottle you are using to treat your water (which should be easy if you're using a gatorade bottle or something). Cut a hole in the top of ...

In GEAR » Steripen and thread contamination
January 31, 10:47am

Re: 2 shelters dilemma
Joe is also coming out with a 2-person version of the Hexamid. That might be a good option for solo use, as you'd get the extra space to help deal with lots of rain. I'm not sure how soon...

In GEAR » 2 shelters dilema
January 27, 2:54pm

Hexamid
I noticed that Joe updated his website for the hexamid. Now it's going to come with a single zipper running along the top of the door instead of the three that meet at the top, and the seams a...

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
January 25, 1:48pm

Re: Mesh, sil-nylon or 4-way stretch for side pockets on backpack?
What kind of stretch mesh is everyone using for this sort of thing, and where are you getting it?

In Make Your Own Gear » Mesh, sil-nylon or 4-way stretch for side pockets on backpack?
January 14, 5:43pm

New map application for mobile phones
I just stumbled across an interesting new application that allows you to take a photo of a map (or upload any sort of file like a PDF), and then locate your position on the map displayed on your ph...

In GEAR » New map application for mobile phones
December 29, 4:44pm

Re: Wildcat
"Is the sizing accurate?" I have a 43 and it seems comparable to a size 10 in other shoes I have. The toe box is nice and roomy, which is great. Have fun on the CDT this year, Jack!

In GEAR » La Sportiva Wildcat trail runner
December 29, 11:38am

Re: La Sportiva Wildcat trail runner
The Wildcat is my favorite shoe. I normally have horrendous problems with blisters, but none with this shoe. I used this model on a one-day 46 mile run/hike of the Rae Lakes loop in SEKI this las...

In GEAR » La Sportiva Wildcat trail runner
December 28, 11:15pm

The North Face vs. The South Butt
For some reason I'm finding this very amusing: http://tiny.cc/VbMaZ and http://www.thesouthbutt.com/

In Chaff » The North Face vs. The South Butt
December 19, 2:48pm

Re: Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent w/ noseeum floor
I like the look of this thing, and I'm anxious to see the 2 person model. I also like the idea of the noseeum floor, but wouldn't it pick up a lot of stickers, etc., when pitched with ...

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
December 17, 6:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Mills

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
I'm also a huge fan of the RR Adventure shirt. I've used it on a couple PCT thru-hikes and many smaller trips and it is the most versatile article of clothing I've ever used. I took two ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 02, 7:50am