Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 71 - 80 of 378 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: If the ground ain't flat?
> Would the apex pullouts provide any benefit vis a vis a taut pitch if the ground under the shelter isn't flat or level? I've had to camp on some pretty bumpy spots. Yes, I suppose f...

In GEAR » Survey of lightweight one-person shelters?
September 17, 5:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Survey of lightweight one-person shelters?
> 1. A slightly larger interior size (a little wider sleeping compartment). No. Widening the middle is technically not a problem but widening the ends would require longer struts and make fo...

September 17, 5:02pm

Re: Survey of lightweight one-person shelters?
Thanks, Jason, for the link the nielsenbrownoutdoors site. I posted this response there but I'll post it here too. Just to let you all know, we are happy to install the apex pullouts on req...

September 17, 4:17pm

Re: 2-Person Shelters TSW - Looking for feedback for my next in-depth article!
Any weight cutoffs limit the scope of your article and bias the results. Your definition of acceptability for "SUL/XUL" solo shelters is 20 ounces, a clearly arbitrary number and one wh...

In GEAR » 2-Person Shelters TSW - Looking for feedback for my next in-depth article!
August 29, 10:17am

Re: So...
Maybe Stephen will jump in with more detail but the way he explained it to me was that "a crazy wind blew the tent a couple of hundred yards" while he was initially staking it. A couple ...

In GEAR » Scarp 1 High Wind Performance?
August 23, 4:58pm

Re: How would you have done this differently (I was too cold)?
There are some immediate things that jump out to me. 1) Camping in the open( I presume) on a clear night, in a low spot, next to water, with the temperature in 30's is a recipe for condensat...

In GEAR » How would you have done this differently (I was too cold)?
August 15, 3:13pm

Re: Adding pockets?
The interior clips (at top of both door zippers) are there for hanging things like glasses. You can hang off one or both or string a line between them. -H

In GEAR » Tarptent Stratospire 2 first use report
August 12, 4:41pm

Re: Re: Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2012
Having just shared 3 nights at a house with Damien and a number of others attending OR, I can personally attest that he has been up 'till the wee hours working on OR reports for BPL. There may...

In GEAR » Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2012
August 04, 1:09pm

Re: Re: Solomid/inner tent vs Gatewood cape/net tent
"... Tarptent Notch Pro: these tents provide full bug protection Con: you can't separate the tarp from the bug net, so you always have to carry the full tent" This is incorrect...

In GEAR » Solomid/inner tent vs Gatewood cape/net tent
July 21, 7:49am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Easton Nano Stakes
Thanks John. I've alerted Easton. -H

In GEAR » New Easton Nano Stakes
June 05, 9:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm