Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 71 - 80 of 375 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: 2-Person Shelters TSW - Looking for feedback for my next in-depth article!
Any weight cutoffs limit the scope of your article and bias the results. Your definition of acceptability for "SUL/XUL" solo shelters is 20 ounces, a clearly arbitrary number and one wh...

In GEAR » 2-Person Shelters TSW - Looking for feedback for my next in-depth article!
August 29, 10:17am

Re: So...
Maybe Stephen will jump in with more detail but the way he explained it to me was that "a crazy wind blew the tent a couple of hundred yards" while he was initially staking it. A couple ...

In GEAR » Scarp 1 High Wind Performance?
August 23, 4:58pm

Re: How would you have done this differently (I was too cold)?
There are some immediate things that jump out to me. 1) Camping in the open( I presume) on a clear night, in a low spot, next to water, with the temperature in 30's is a recipe for condensat...

In GEAR » How would you have done this differently (I was too cold)?
August 15, 3:13pm

Re: Adding pockets?
The interior clips (at top of both door zippers) are there for hanging things like glasses. You can hang off one or both or string a line between them. -H

In GEAR » Tarptent Stratospire 2 first use report
August 12, 4:41pm

Re: Re: Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2012
Having just shared 3 nights at a house with Damien and a number of others attending OR, I can personally attest that he has been up 'till the wee hours working on OR reports for BPL. There may...

In GEAR » Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2012
August 04, 1:09pm

Re: Re: Solomid/inner tent vs Gatewood cape/net tent
"... Tarptent Notch Pro: these tents provide full bug protection Con: you can't separate the tarp from the bug net, so you always have to carry the full tent" This is incorrect...

In GEAR » Solomid/inner tent vs Gatewood cape/net tent
July 21, 7:49am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Easton Nano Stakes
Thanks John. I've alerted Easton. -H

In GEAR » New Easton Nano Stakes
June 05, 9:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Easton Nano Stakes and Mini Groundhogs
Hi John, Are you absolutely sure the heads popped off the NEW style Easton nano stakes? If so, Easton (and I) would love to know. Easton is/was pretty convinced that the redesign solved that ...

In GEAR » New Easton Nano Stakes
June 05, 7:51pm

Re: Tent Recommendations
Nicholas, When you say "interior length: at least 90", I'm guessing that's based on some sort of preconception/past experience regarding the tent geometry. Floor length means...

In GEAR » Tent Recommendations
May 24, 12:53pm

Re: poles
> Pole breaking, well it was very useful to learn that lesson when at home than learn it far from home. I know exactly what happened, that Brompton I had placed it around the pole and the pole b...

In Gear Deals » Tarptent Notch
May 22, 7:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm