BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 71 - 80 of 365 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...37

Forum » Thread

re: Modified Notch?
That's the StratoSpire design (which you can stake as indicated if you like). -H

In GEAR » Tarptent Notch vs Lightheart solo vs SMD skyscape trekker
May 11, 4:45pm

Amazing
You all mock but seem to have missed reading the Specification tab, notably these ones: Peak Height (ft.): 36 Product Length (ft.): 82 Note: "ft" Maybe I'm easily impressed ...

In GEAR » Magellan 1 person scout tent
May 10, 8:40am

Re: Notch mesh
We use 0.7-ounce nylon no-see-um mesh for the Notch interior. It can snag somewhat easily but if you look closely what you'll see is that the threads are displaced not broken. If you think of ...

May 09, 12:25pm

Re: Franco works for tarptent:
Mike, You are perfectly free to give your opinion but, honestly, some of the stuff you say is just out the wrong orifice. At least familiarize yourself with the Tarptent product lineup before l...

May 07, 8:48pm

Re: wrong again
>Completely untrue and shows your continued bias for whatever reason. I would bet you are involved with Franco and HS somehow seeing how one-sided you are. Mike, always best to check facts b...

In GEAR » performance between single and double walled shelters
April 17, 9:33am

Re: Re: Are bathtub floors necessary?
To numerate Roger's point, a 5" bathtub wall for a typical 2-person floor at 50" x 86" adds exactly 1 square yard of fabric. That's about an ounce and half for silnylon--les...

In GEAR » Are bathtub floors necessary?
April 17, 8:50am

Re: Re: Gear: What breaks when and why? - Zippers
> When you say "cutting through the zipper teeth right at the zipper end", do you mean at the top of a jacket or the bottom of a tent door? That is, where the stop is, and just zip the...

In GEAR » Gear: What breaks when and why?
April 05, 8:18am

Re: Gear: What breaks when and why? - Zippers
I'm late to the party here but wanted to share our experience re: zipper sliders. There's a very close correlation between dust levels and zipper slider failure. We see sliders start ...

In GEAR » Gear: What breaks when and why?
April 04, 10:05pm

Re: Re: Stratospire 2 vs Haven Nettent
"But have the drawback of making the Stratospire more fiddly trying to get it set up taut." With all due respect, I disagree (as well as your other point regarding sleeping direction--...

In GEAR » Stratospire 2 vs Haven Nettent
April 01, 5:26pm

Re: condensation
"I think under certain conditions you will get condensation no matter what kind of lightweight tent you have." When temperature and humidity conspire, condensation happens. Lightweight...

In GEAR » Tarptent Notch Vs SMD Lunar Solo/Skyscape Trekker
March 31, 12:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm