Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 6951 - 6960 of 9178 | Page: 1 ...687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 ...918

Forum » Thread

Re: Can we organize a boycott of GoreTex?
"The licensee entered into a contract with Gore. If the licensee breaks the terms of the contract, Gore can act per the terms..." If the contract said they couldn't sell to black p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Can we organize a boycott of GoreTex?
March 08, 10:15am

Re: Craig Loehle Phd: 10 reasons not to be alarmed by alarmists
I see Rog is already beginning to see the light You forgot to mention the military, they're also planning on effects of global warming. And insurance companies. It's good that all ...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
March 08, 9:19am

Re: Stabilizing Primaloft One 3 oz/sqyd in quilt, could use some advice
I asked Primaloft They said - Primaloft One requires 3 inch quilting in each direction for weights less than 100g/m2 (4.25 oz/yd2), and 6 inch quilting in each direction for weights more than 10...

In Make Your Own Gear » Stabilizing Primaloft 1.8 in quilt, could use some advice
March 08, 9:15am

" think it should be illegal to threaten your customers with not selling them your product if they also buy your competitor's. That's why Gore is being investigated both in the EU a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Can we organize a boycott of GoreTex?
March 08, 8:20am

Re: A better paradigm for understanding climate change in a nutshell
The March 2012 Scientific American interviewed Michael E. Mann, a leading climate scientist. About the absurdity of "climate gate" and deniers in general. He started out being skeptic...

March 08, 8:10am

I think it should be illegal to threaten your customers with not selling them your product if they also buy your competitor's. We have a long history of doing this - like with oil and steel ...

March 08, 7:38am

Re: Re: look a bit further than a little bit further
I think the global warming warners are saying global warming is likely to cause more/bigger storms Not enough warming yet to see anything with certainty

March 07, 12:41pm

what to do with scraps of Apex
Booties or balaclava. For booties, lay your foot sideways on a piece of paper and trace out, maybe 2 inches wider in every direction. Then sew through fabric/Apex/fabric/fabric/Apex/fabric al...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG quilt questions
March 07, 8:38am

look a bit further than a little bit further
According to the Herald Tribune (whatever that is) http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20110812/article/110819861 "Scientist Ryan Maue documented the shift in a study published last month ...

March 07, 7:18am

Re: Boiling Points
When you cook a pot with pasta, it can boil over Why is that? and what would happen if you did this on a canister stove?

In GEAR » Titanium JetBoil Sol -- CAUTION
March 06, 7:00pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.