Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 6951 - 6960 of 7860 | Page: 1 ...687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 ...786

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: The Multiplier, CLF, and the lost of Freedom
"Is less electricity consumption a good thing? We will need to lay off more Americans. Stock prices for companies like SCE and the Southern Company might go down, because profits will go down ...

In Chaff » Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!
April 02, 8:44pm

Re: If something happened to you, would anybody know how much your gear is worth?"
What would be a shame is if my wife threw all my stuff in the landfill rather than giving it to someone who would appreciate it

In Chaff » If something happened to you, would anybody know how much your gear is worth?
April 02, 8:21pm

Re: The Multiplier, CLF, and the lost of Freedom
The employees, especially executives, and the board of directors own stock in most companies, and they are very aware of the stock price with a short term focus. The board of directors rewards t...

April 02, 7:00pm

Re: "If something happened to you, would anybody know how much your gear is worth?"
Thom Same thing here My wife will put all my stuff in the garbage Hopefully she'de try to find someone from backpackinglight or portlandhikers.org that would take it

In Chaff » If something happened to you, would anybody know how much your gear is worth?
April 02, 5:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Multiplier, CLF, and the lost of Freedom
"How do you know that?" Watching CNBC, Reading Wall Street Journal,..., they emphasize short term events like a quarterly profit report and how it affects the stock price. Or lookin...

April 02, 5:50pm

Re: huh?
"You mean you feel like smiling, like me?" Yes, I feel like smiling : )

April 02, 5:18pm

Re: Mason's Line
Not to be a nit picker, but you can use a taught line hitch to tighten Mason's line The line is very thin so it doesn't work real well, you have to really push together the loops of the ...

In GEAR » lighter wt option for guylines?
April 02, 3:44pm

Re: Re: The Multiplier, CLF, and the lost of Freedom
"I was surprised at your statement, "Due to government intervention coupled with entrepreneurship and Chinese government intervention they fixed those problems." What was the Chinese...

April 02, 2:50pm

Re: Re: The Multiplier, CLF, and the lost of Freedom
"Best answer bolded. Actually, Jerry, all I was asking for was the source of your allegation. Because frankly, it surprised me." You're surprised that I would admit that I don'...

April 02, 2:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Multiplier, CLF, and the lost of Freedom
Consider efficient light bulbs. The start-up costs of making cheap CFLs are too high. There's too much resistance of the public to switch over. If some private company did make a high vo...

April 02, 2:25pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.