November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 6951 - 6960 of 9772 | Page: 1 ...687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 ...978

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: TP Puree
If you dig a hole, #2, TP, urinate, stir, like 100 feet from campsite, then put several inches of soil on top you're good. It's so easy to carry out the TP you can do that. If so, you s...

In Philosophy & Technique » Used Toilet Paper - Pack it out!
August 10, 3:55pm

Re: Used Toilet Paper - Pack it out!
And if you urinate on it after burying it, and get the whole area wet, that helps. Plus the combination of #1 and #2 decomposes faster.

August 09, 5:05pm

I always pick up trash. Usually, all I see are little bits - rubber band, plastic bag twist tie, corner of a candy bar,... I think that if all this "micro trash" is picked up, the nex...

August 09, 4:46pm

Re: TP
Good comments - no need to be sorry I've been where there is loose TP and p00p on the ground, I agree, not good I've been to many sites that I know had been used many times before me...

In GEAR » A Series of Newbie Questions
August 09, 3:48pm

Re: A Series of Newbie Questions
Do people really not use TP or carry it out? I just bury along with p00p. As long as I'm in a biologically active area, like there are roots around, it decomposes within a year. The paper ...

In GEAR » A Series of Newbie Questions
August 09, 2:30pm

Re: Typos and research
"...undersea volcanoes...there have been a lot more discovered..." So that's your story - there are a lot more undersea volcanoes than we thought so that must be the source of the ...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
August 09, 8:22am

Re: Sketchup
Thanks - I've been curious about Sketchup and this describes it really well A little off that subject, putting a vestibule on the mid works really good. When there's a zipper down the c...

In Editor's Roundtable » Google SketchUp Tutorial for MYOG Enthusiasts
August 08, 2:04pm

Re: Get thee to a library
"The atmosphere’s opacity increases so that the altitude from which the Earth’s radiation is effectively emitted into space becomes higher. Because the temperature is lower at higher alt...

August 08, 10:38am

Re: AM 1090
I listen to AM 1090 when I'm in Seattle AM 620 when in Portland NPR is good too - not quite as partisan as 1090 and 620 When in the Olympics sometimes Canadian Public Radio

August 04, 7:41pm

Re: No-win conversation
"You do understand that this is a no-win conversation, don't you?" Great, some other fool has been dragged into this : ) At least we're giving Rog more opportunity to make c...

August 04, 6:30pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.