BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 6951 - 6960 of 7608 | Page: 1 ...687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 ...761

Forum » Thread

Re: Tests
Good you're trying different things, find out what works best for you, report back your findings

In Make Your Own Gear » Diffrent seams to make tarp
March 06, 7:50am

Flat felled seam
I don't see the advantage over a regular flat felled seam? With a flat felled seam you have two rows of stitches carrying the load. You don't have to pin - there's a ruler on the ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Diffrent seams to make tarp
March 05, 4:55pm

Re: Personal Responsibility and the shifting of blame
Nick, What's unfortunate is that the right wingers take your ideas about reducing spending on social programs but they ignore it on spending on miltary contractors, big agriculture, or big p...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 05, 4:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Personal Responsibility and the shifting of blame
Nick, Yes, preamble has no legal status Article 1, section 8 has legal status - "The congress shall have the power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts, and excises, to pay the debt...

March 05, 3:25pm

re
That looks really good, all the sides are really taut Like the two colors - I think Black Diamond has a version like that

In Make Your Own Gear » 10x10 SilNylon Pyramid Design
March 05, 2:09pm

cheap rain jacket
Dri-ducks - about $20 Probably only good for a few trips or one year Some people love them Some people hate them and they get destroyed the first trip Cheap investment to see how they w...

In GEAR » Europeans here - what brands for shoes/packs?
March 05, 11:00am

re
Very interesting Richard, thanks for getting that and posting results I wonder if silnylon that has a "misting" problem corresponds with a lower hydrostatic head Another thing I'...

In GEAR » Shelter Silnylon HH Test Results
March 05, 9:19am

Jefferson
Nick, that's funny you would use Jefferson as a justification for your libertarianism For example, he advocated free publically financed education starting the University of Virginia

March 04, 6:42pm

Re: Re: Personal Responsibility and the shifting of blame
The country is based on the Constitution, not the Declaration of Independence "WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic ...

March 04, 3:08pm

bugs at peak
I have noticed that the peak of Pyramid attracts bugs I feel a bit sorry that I am killing all these bugs I assume it's just that they can't find a way out, but they sure try There...

In GEAR » perimeter netting vs bug bivy
March 04, 11:51am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.