Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 6951 - 6960 of 9310 | Page: 1 ...687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 ...931

Forum » Thread

Re: State of Texas water plan acknowledges climate change
So why is it that consumption has dropped, and you didn't mention it but supply has increased, yet the cost has increased? If it was just supply and demand, prices should have dropped.

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
April 05, 1:12pm

"How do you know they will make less money?" Supply and demand. Economics 101. If the demand for gas is less, then the price will go down and the amount of gas sold will go down so t...

April 05, 10:36am

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Military budget
"jerry why do you insist on posting that same BS chart?" To wake you up? Because it's data as opposed to opinion?

In Chaff » Thoiught Provoking Post
April 05, 10:22am

Re: bottom line....
I vaguely remember Ryan saying he was doing a project that envolved measuring blood glucose levels while hiking

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
April 05, 7:59am

Re: Gear: What breaks when and why? - Zippers
Thanks Henry I occasionally throw something away that still has some life in it. When you say "cutting through the zipper teeth right at the zipper end", do you mean at the top of a...

In GEAR » Gear: What breaks when and why?
April 05, 7:56am

Re: Current deficit
Afghanistan is included with Iraq in that chart/CBO data - it was done before "we left" Iraq. "I have to laugh at the Republicans' calling for fiscal responsibility." ...

April 05, 7:50am

Re: busy
"wow ... missed all the hate mail from a particular poster ... too busy climbing this sunny day .... so sowwy ;) ill miss the inevitable replies from that poster ... on a climbing trip the ...

In Chaff » Discovery Terminates Relationship With 'Man vs. Wild' Star Bear Grylls
April 05, 7:44am

"They just don't want to be held responsible for being part of the problem or pay to be part of the solution." They want to delay doing anything about it. They're making ton...

April 05, 7:42am

Re: Re: The Military budget
"A big part of our current debt is due to a lethal combination of rising medicare spending coupled un-funded programs like medicare part B, The rising costs of debt service, and the massive co...

April 04, 8:11pm

Re: The Military budget
I just read http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/04/01/andrew-sullivan-christianity-in-crisis.html - thanks - very good Yeah, I think politics and religion have screwed each other up an...

April 04, 8:02pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.