Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 6951 - 6960 of 8314 | Page: 1 ...687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 ...832

Forum » Thread

Re: MYOG cuben cat tarp
That is really nice, I'm thinking about doing that some day So, the ridgeline is 10 feet long with a catenary curve that has a 4 inch deflection at the center? I think that's what you s...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG cuben cat tarp
June 27, 12:48pm

Re: Done!
That looks really good I don't mind Sharpie marks - reminds me of how I made it - they fade with time

In Make Your Own Gear » Planning a warm weather Quilt
June 27, 9:40am

ray jardine book
Ray Jardine uses the term "stealth camping" in some book Avoid camping at sites frequently used by others Ground is softer to sleep on No food smells to attract bears

In GEAR » Stealth camping
June 27, 9:36am

Re: USPS
"Public unions are for themselves, and will eventually bankrupt our countries. look at Europe..." Unions aren't what's bankrupting countries. Take Germany - they have strong...

In Chaff » Canada Post strike
June 26, 7:25am

Re: Re: Re: Re: USPS
Well said Steve

June 25, 11:54pm

Re: Re: USPS
It seems like a good thing to pay a larger percentage to the workers. Why is it a bad thing to pay your employees more? I'm guessing a problem with USPS is that with computers there'...

June 25, 7:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Sorting it out
"Often preservation of the institute overrides scientific inquiry. This is contrary to objectivity (without bias)." If a scientist wants to get grant money, they have to make provocati...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
June 25, 12:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sorting it out
I'll try to remember not to use the "D" word There is way more money on the "skeptic" side than the green side. Two of the biggest 10 U.S. companies are oil companies. ...

June 25, 12:19pm

Re: Re: Oregon PCT conditions in mid Sept. to early Oct.?
+1 to Kyle Several years ago someone was hiking around Mount Hood in September, 5 days of heavy rain, the person drowned in the Sandy River. But, usually September through the middle or end o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Oregon PCT conditions in mid Sept. to early Oct.?
June 25, 12:10pm

Re: Re: Sorting it out
"Deniers" Like I said, I think you're a well intentioned skeptic I think there are deniers that don't care if there's a problem or not, but will say anything if they'...

June 25, 10:07am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.