BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 6951 - 6960 of 7444 | Page: 1 ...687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 ...745

Forum » Thread

Re: BPA in cans
"If the processing of the beer doesn't release BPA from the lining, then I find it unlikely that boiling water would have any impact." I don't assume that processing beer doesn...

In GEAR » Hinnie pot contamination
February 20, 12:17pm

Re: republicans?
I think a strategy is to get people apathetic, thinking that both Republicans and Democrats are just selfish, then it'll be easier for them to rip us off

In Chaff » Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!
February 20, 12:11pm

Re: Re: fabric modeling
" think it's obvious to see that adding the curvature along the seam helps distribute stress more evenly, and that the more curvature you add, the more it helps (up to a point...). " ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MODEL YOUR MYOG DESIGNS IN 3D - SEE FABRIC STRESS - COOL SOFTWARE!!
February 20, 12:06pm

what kind of Primaloft do I have
I got some Primaloft from BPL but Addie doesn't know whether it's "One" or "Sport" or what... I weighed it - 3 oz/yd2 (23 1/8 oz for 62" x 160" = 7.6 yd2) ...

In Make Your Own Gear » what kind of Primaloft do I have
February 20, 10:49am

Hinnie pot contamination
Rather than hijack someone else's thread: If you use Hinnie pot, or other can used for food when you heat it does the lining leach out into the food you're cooking? They line ca...

In GEAR » Hinnie pot contamination
February 20, 10:03am

Re: Re: Need Nipples!!!
You're machining your own nipples??? Ouch!

In GEAR » Need Nipples!!!
February 20, 7:20am

Re: epic
So was water leaking through the Epic bivy before you washed it?

In GEAR » All wet in my bivy - WHY?
February 20, 7:18am

Re: Re: Re: deficits
I pay $500 a month - no dental or eye care I thought you also got things like transplants just the same as here You hear cases here like the insurance company denying coverage for something l...

In Chaff » The Wisconsin petri dish
February 20, 7:16am

Re: deficits
Are you guys generally satisfied with your health care? Sometimes I listen to CBC radio and it sounds about the same as here - critical health problems get handled promptly but there can be wait...

In Chaff » The Wisconsin petri dish
February 19, 11:27pm

re
questoutfitters.com or polesforyou.com I think they're called endtips

In GEAR » Need Nipples!!!
February 19, 5:58pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.