Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 691 - 700 of 1230 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...123

Forum » Thread

Mountain Lion Hunting
I still think the issue is this being proposed for mountain lion wounds. For the most part, humans are larger than lions and they don't hunt us. In some rare circumstances, whether small adu...

In GEAR » New mountain lion after bite care device, $65
April 06, 2:23am

Re: footwear for wet, cool canyon hiking
I second the NRS Hydroskins. I usually use them with a thin synthetic liner (wrightsocks) for all day slogging through river bottoms with water temps in the 50s. My feet get wet (pretty much unavoi...

In GEAR » footwear for wet, cool canyon hiking
April 04, 2:12pm

Re: First Ascent Katabatic Tent
Thanks, I figured it out too. For some reason it seemed like the fly was rotated 90 degrees from the inner. If you look at slide 7 on the link in the OP the way the diagram is drawn is a bit wei...

In GEAR » First Ascent Katabatic Tent
April 02, 9:30pm

Vestibule
Strange, but it looks like the vestibule does not have any doorway access. Since it's a "double d" door it seems the doors are on the side and based off their diagrams this puts the s...

In GEAR » First Ascent Katabatic Tent
April 02, 7:17pm

Re: Re: Smartwool
Gah, I dislike when they have hooded product photos/videos with a model and NEVER show the hood actually on. I don't know about you guys but I tend to buy hoodies for, well, the hood (or some p...

In Gear Deals » 6pm.com end-of-season
April 02, 11:53am

Re: Lost Gear in Uintas?
An aussie disappeared in August: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52434218-78/search-lake-missing-trail.html.csp and Several hunting parties were rescued after an Oct snow storm caught them by...

In GEAR » Lost Gear in Uintas?
March 31, 10:35pm

Re: Andodized aluminum folding spoon
I figured, but I think a simple reshape and it will conform to the inside of the spoon bowl. Maybe a little less aggressive of a curve since it's the inside radius, but this is a utensil we'...

In GEAR » Andodized aluminum folding spoon
March 31, 8:47pm

Re: Re: Related question
I agree with Jerry. Grosgrain should be strong enough for most applications. The problem is "how long" will it be strong enough. It's thickness means that it will abrade and wear out ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Grosgrain adjustment with ladderlocs, triglides, etc.
March 31, 7:06pm

Re: Andodized aluminum folding spoon
I've never understood the design of the folding spoon. They are purposefully constructed to fold down. Why? This design requires a latch to keep the spoon "open" and if the latch fail...

In GEAR » Andodized aluminum folding spoon
March 31, 7:02pm

Re: Re: Shaving on the trail - Please help!!!
Really if you need all that gear to ensure healthy skin you have minimal options. First you could try cutting all your balms and creams in half. Take only 1oz or less of each if that will work f...

In GEAR » Shaving on the trail - Please help!!!
March 31, 6:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.