Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 691 - 700 of 1220 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...122

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: What Garbage Bags for Pack Liners?
If volume is an issue with compactor bags...use two! Use one for the bottom of your bag (usually your sleeping bag, clothes and some in camp only gear) and one for the top (your daily use items,...

In GEAR » What Garbage Bags for Pack Liners?
March 31, 6:09pm

Re: Peak Oyl Elite opinion
I bought my Oyl Mountain (different from the Elite which uses aerogel) last summer/fall. Unfortunately it's been so warm in AZ this winter (I don't think the southern half of AZ got even a ...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag help
March 31, 5:47pm

Re: Re: $100 and it's yours
Normally I'd agree with you Kier on the pricing, however there were severe issues with the sizing of last year's model (the m/l was considered too small even by some short torsoed individua...

In Gear Swap » FS: Osprey HoRnET 46 BackPack
March 30, 7:41pm

Re: A little frustrated-
Your shingle effect won't work properly with the dyneema inside. Any water soaking through will drip off the reinforcement patch directly into the center of your shelter. You could probably ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Mid Project- First Pitch
March 30, 11:06am

Re: Re: waterproofing a talon 44
You could probably just ReviveX/Nikwax the bloody thing. It's probably the easiest option and if it doesn't work you may be SOL anyway. And yes, they older ones (I had an orange) bled al...

In Make Your Own Gear » Water Proofing a Talon 44
March 23, 6:17pm

Re: If you gotta have it
Really, the starlite better looking? Don't get me wrong I like the starlite and at one time considered ordering one before findng MYOG. But that said, Zimmer packs all have a very clean buil...

In GEAR » Zimmerbuilt Pack (another)
March 23, 2:25pm

Re: 70?
Haha, I've been working on this recently myself (wondering if I make a summer synth quilt how much I can push a 20F bag). For me I can pretty much sit around naked in still air at 80F (ah, s...

In GEAR » bag in a bag
March 23, 2:09pm

Re: OR
And rightly Eric. Had OR properly cleaned and sterilized the down before stuffing it wouldn't have smelled so tasty to the pooch ;) Haha, actually that is pretty phenomenal of them, good to ...

In GEAR » 30D vs 50D durability?
March 23, 1:18pm

Re: Flawed
They used Yoga Socks. These aren't your average slippery cotton socks, they are designed to provide a secure grip for your feet. In actual performance I have no idea how they compare to a sweat...

In GEAR » new study on running shoes
March 23, 1:15pm

Re: Adding vestibule floors to footprint
Most tent floors aren't fully waterproof. They're decent but if you stand on a puddle, water will probably be forced through and dampen the inside. So adding a footprint helps mitigate that...

In Make Your Own Gear » Adding vestibule floors to footprint
March 20, 1:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.