BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 691 - 700 of 1156 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...116

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Mountain Hardwear ThruWay 50
Basically the summation of that thread is that nearly everyone is REALLY interested to see how it pans out. It's rare that people on this forum get so excited over a pack from one of the major ...

In GEAR » Mountain Hardwear ThruWay 50
March 07, 11:16am

Re: Re: kinda picky questions on sleeping socks
as long as you let your feet dry overnight you should be able to avoid any kind of immersion foot easily. I often backpack in canyons where cold streams are the only trails. As soon as I make camp ...

In GEAR » kinda picky question on sleeping socks
March 06, 1:18pm

Re: MYOG Hydropel
Read Brian Barnes' post. Looks like 30% dimethicone, 10% starch, 60% petrolatum. He goes further to explain how to make it http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thr...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Hydropel
March 06, 7:37am

Re: Re: m90 + 2.5 apex quilt
True, but you'd probably still want to anchor the apex on all four sides. While 3 sides will probably work, it may allow the shell to be pulled away from the insulation and eventually for the i...

In Make Your Own Gear » m90 + 2.5 apex quilt
March 05, 5:23pm

Re: Pop Bottle Potential
Stove carrier/protector that double duties as a gravity filter? Just punch two holes in the bottom (maybe reinforce them) and run a string through them... Not sure how the "squeeze" fi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pop Bottle Potential
March 03, 8:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Integral designs still kicking
Huh? The lightest bivy I see is 18.5 oz (and ID states it's the lightest in their product line). Can you link directly to the model you reference? And I agree with David, every Rab garment I...

In GEAR » Integral designs still kicking
March 03, 8:43pm

Re: hornet 46
Bobby, the original Hornet was considered too small by most users, even people with short torsos. Probably due to Osprey not accounting for torso collapse with a frameless pack when fully loaded. ...

In Gear Deals » Osprey Hornet 2012 (3 sizes!!) $98
March 02, 11:53am

Re: Where are you traveling?
If in developing world where viruses are actually a concern, then katadyn makes a few bottles with integrated filters. http://www.katadyn.com/en/service/news/detail/article/2010/04/20/the-katady...

In GEAR » water filtration
March 02, 12:01am

Re: Re: Re: Patagonia
Sorry Sumi! Although women's cut aren't really my expertise in outdoor clothing ;) I would go so far as to say that women's cuts probably don't suffer as much as the men's cuts ...

In GEAR » Patagonia-Just curious
March 01, 11:52am

Re: Patagonia
That's the crux. Old patagonia was excellent, just like The North Face. But when they branched into the mainstream market they diluted their brand name and quality as a whole suffered. They sti...

In GEAR » Patagonia-Just curious
March 01, 10:48am

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.