BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 691 - 700 of 1175 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...118

Forum » Thread

Re: photos?
http://www.beerandburger.info/rsuzyv/Gossamer-Gear-Lt4# Post also by alvinchunghk. Digging in it's a hidden/buried page on beer and burger travel blog or something. Looks like standard engri...

In Gear Swap » FS: Gossamer gear LT4 trekking poles
March 10, 7:56pm

Re: Thanks Ben
Rod is correct. Save some folks some money and you'll get along famously. The 1100ml is pretty decent. I have it (and the 700ml kit) and like them. Not the absolute lightest based off the spec...

In Gear Deals » Titanium Cookset
March 10, 7:46pm

Re: Cuben Wallet
You can definitely clean up the manufacturing/seams however your non-hiker friends may like them. They make a kind of cool pattern. I like the angled pockets on the right. Doesn't affect functi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Wallet. 7.6grams
March 10, 7:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Salomon Speedcross 3. Anyone with experience?
I think people buy inov8 thinking they're just a "light" shoe and get the ones with the smallest number possible. This ignores the fact that most shoes under 300gms are performance/ra...

In GEAR » Salomon Speedcross 3. Anyone with experience?
March 10, 10:11am

Re: Bivy: Momentum 50 or SevenD?
Jace, either will work. They're pretty much the same fabric (sub 10D and sub 1oz/sqyd). They both are calendared and have a quality DWR treatment. A lot of MYOG people have used and been mor...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy: Momentum 50 or SevenD?
March 09, 11:32pm

Re: Salomon Speedcross 3. Anyone with experience?
I hate to mention inov8 since there seems to be two camps (either they fit and you love them, or they don't fit) but if you need a tighter mid foot they may work for you. Their endurance rubber...

In GEAR » Salomon Speedcross 3. Anyone with experience?
March 09, 11:18pm

Re: stream crossing footwear
If the weather is above freezing and I have to only worry about occasional stream crossings, I don't even hesitate and just wade directly into the water. I find the time fussing about getting w...

In GEAR » Watershoes?
March 09, 11:09pm

Re: Don't do it ...
In addition to Doug Prosser's there's also a two part series recently published on this site about beginning backpacking. It's aimed towards the parents of scouts in what to buy for the...

In GEAR » Backpack Help
March 09, 10:50pm

Re: Instep crampons
I hate to link this, but one of the "similar items" on amazon was a $20 knockoff microspike. Anyone tried these? I've always been interested in microspike but for $60 I just can't...

In GEAR » Anyone tried these weird baby crampons?
March 09, 1:25pm

Water
It probably is the nylon absorbing water, However the test performed in that article isn't really indicative of real world performance. The bag was soaked in water for a half hour, this is f...

In GEAR » Zpacks Exo and HMG Windrider
March 09, 1:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.