BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 691 - 700 of 1162 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...117

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: 1 oz hat?
Headsweats visor ~1.5oz MYOG out of some thin plastic could probably easily be sub 1 oz

In GEAR » 1 oz hat?
March 09, 12:27pm

Go with a 30F quilt.
I would go with a 30F bag. The difference between 30F and 40F is pretty minimal for a down bag/quilt and the 30F lets you push into 3 season much more comfortably by adding clothing. Also I tend to...

In GEAR » Advice on 3 season vs 1 season bag/quilt
March 08, 2:24pm

Re: Re: Win a Backcountry Shelter
William, the url copy/pasted just fine on my computer and I double checked and it took about 10secs for me to fumble around on my android phone to open the link. Why is it so hard to do such a s...

In Gear Deals » Win a Backcountry Shelter
March 08, 1:32pm

Re: Wind v Snow resistance w/r/t Mids
Size also plays a factor here. The larger a shelter the more sides it can have which helps with wind resistance. This is why tipis do well in both wind and snow. Looking at the geometry we could...

In GEAR » Wind v Snow resistance w/r/t Mids
March 08, 12:59pm

Re: Re Windshirt suggestion
I second the Stoic Wraith (especially for the price). I would definitely size up though if you want to layer. I'm usually a small (sometimes mediums are a tent on me) and my wraith barely fits ...

In GEAR » Windshirt suggestions?
March 08, 12:13pm

Re: Requirements?
If you want durability, you can't beat an REI/MEC warranty. My buddy and I picked up an REI Halfdome T2 HC (old mouthful of a name) and at around 5 lbs it's not super ultralight. However it...

In GEAR » 2 Person Durable All Year Tent Recommendations
March 07, 11:29am

Re: Re: Mountain Hardwear ThruWay 50
Basically the summation of that thread is that nearly everyone is REALLY interested to see how it pans out. It's rare that people on this forum get so excited over a pack from one of the major ...

In GEAR » Mountain Hardwear ThruWay 50
March 07, 11:16am

Re: Re: kinda picky questions on sleeping socks
as long as you let your feet dry overnight you should be able to avoid any kind of immersion foot easily. I often backpack in canyons where cold streams are the only trails. As soon as I make camp ...

In GEAR » kinda picky question on sleeping socks
March 06, 1:18pm

Re: MYOG Hydropel
Read Brian Barnes' post. Looks like 30% dimethicone, 10% starch, 60% petrolatum. He goes further to explain how to make it http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thr...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Hydropel
March 06, 7:37am

Re: Re: m90 + 2.5 apex quilt
True, but you'd probably still want to anchor the apex on all four sides. While 3 sides will probably work, it may allow the shell to be pulled away from the insulation and eventually for the i...

In Make Your Own Gear » m90 + 2.5 apex quilt
March 05, 5:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.