BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 691 - 700 of 1184 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...119

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: which bag - WM or FF?
Stephen's right. I used to think I was cold sleeper until I upgraded to a warmer pad. I had a "10F" bag that I froze in at 40F (it's probably a realistic 20F bag). I had an old pr...

In GEAR » which bag - WM or FF?
March 11, 10:07pm

Re: Inov8
Matt, you bring up a good point on the tread. Inov8 is a british company and they designed their shoes for fell running. That's their lineage. What this means is basically their shoes are great...

In GEAR » Inov-8s
March 11, 9:57pm

Re: Diamond Solo Cuben Fiber Tent
Looks pretty similar to the MLD Cricket, only you added a zipper and made the fifth panel not extend to the apex of the shelter, creating a pseudo-ridgeline. Oh yeah there are vents. Ok, not that s...

In GEAR » Diamond Solo Cuben Fiber Tent
March 11, 3:27pm

Re: Re: Extremtextil
Sorry, got your weight range confused (I thought Gridstop was heavier, not 4oz/sqyd). Since you're looking at between 2 and 4 ounces (70D silnylon is ~1.9oz/sqyd) I found a few others. They ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Light BPack Fabric
March 11, 2:56pm

Re: Extremtextil
They also have a 210d with PU coat and a X-Pac VX07 at 3.8oz/sqyd and 4.9oz/sqyd respectively. http://www.extremtextil.de/catalog/Nylon-210den-PU-coated-130g-qm::184.html?XTCsid=ea465f23067c2cb4...

In Make Your Own Gear » Light BPack Fabric
March 11, 2:48pm

Re: Alvin
Again, sorry for being harsh. I get skeptical and critical when there's a lack of information (a pessimist would call me prudent, an optimist would call me jaded) Thanks for posting the pics...

In Gear Swap » FS: Gossamer gear LT4 trekking poles
March 11, 2:28pm

Re: Thermarest
You should probably try it still. Not sleeping well because you're cold is really no better than no sleeping well because of wearing clothes. If you wear down clothing it really doesn't fee...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag help
March 11, 2:21pm

Re: Re: Inov-8 Terroc 330
Ugh, Inov8's website used to VERY informative. They've dropped some of the specs lately (although browsing the site is better) unfortunately. Check out runningwarehouse for more indepth spe...

In GEAR » Inov-8s
March 11, 2:08pm

Re: thanks Will!
A "three shock zone" from inov8 isn't minimalist at all. Sure the materials tend to be minimal, ie light, but they 3 shock zone has plenty of cushioning. They're pretty much just ...

In GEAR » Inov-8s
March 10, 8:12pm

Re: photos?
http://www.beerandburger.info/rsuzyv/Gossamer-Gear-Lt4# Post also by alvinchunghk. Digging in it's a hidden/buried page on beer and burger travel blog or something. Looks like standard engri...

In Gear Swap » FS: Gossamer gear LT4 trekking poles
March 10, 7:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.