Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 691 - 700 of 1127 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...113

Forum » Thread

Sleeping bag choices
I think it really depends on the features you are looking for. I'd never argue against a WM bag, they are at the top of the list when it comes to quality in my opinion. Unfortunately, it'...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag choices-Help me!
July 22, 12:33am

Merrel Moab Ventilators
My experience has been the same as Frank's. I've never worn out the soles of these shoes. The toe area is the place that fails but only after a lot of mileage. I'm on my third pair...

In GEAR » Merrel Moab Ventilators
July 21, 8:50pm

new garmins foretrex 301 and 401
I just got this back from Garmin Tech Support regarding the waypoint date errors on the Foretrex 301 and 401. "It looks like a fix for this issue will be implemented in the next software up...

In GEAR » new garmins foretrex 301 and 401
July 20, 10:14pm

Primus Micron...
The Primus Classic Trail is a big heavy burner. The Primus Micron Ti is a really good performer and very light weight but expensive (and doesn't have a built in igniter). If you can fi...

In GEAR » Help me Reduce my Base Weight!!!
July 20, 12:15am

WCT 2010 Gear List
Any type of gator will be fine. I never wear gators on the Vancouver Island coastal trails, I just don't walk in the deep mud. If you want to plow through the mud holes then you would nee...

In Gear Lists » WCT 2010 Gear List
July 18, 9:11pm

Waterproof socks...
I don't like wearing gortex socks while I hike because they make my feet sweat and I prefer the comfort of wool. I do however wear gortex socks in my wet hiking shoes when I'm in camp. ...

In GEAR » Is non-waterproof footwear really better?
July 18, 5:39pm

People are ruining backpacking
>> The forums have changed over time. I can name several that no longer post here that seemed to be the voice of reason with respect to UL and lightweight packing.<< +1 >> T...

In Chaff » People are ruining backpacking.
July 15, 1:24am

Sprint Aquatics Mesh Shoes: Grip?
I think you may be asking too much of these simple little shoes. It really depends on what you are looking for. Streams can be fine gravel, sandstone, large rocks or my particular favourite, ...

In GEAR » Sprint Aquatics Mesh Shoes: Grip?
July 14, 10:58am

UL Point and Shoot Camera Protection
When I'm backpacking I just put my camera in the pocket of my cargo pants and hope for the best. I did break the screen on one of my cameras by doing this but I figure it's still better to ...

In GEAR » UL Point and Shoot Camera Protection
July 13, 11:43pm

What is "base weight
Luke - I'm at approx the same base weight as you and I use a Burn and an Exodus for my trips. I also have a Vapor Trail but haven't used it in a couple of years because the light weight...

In GEAR » What is "base weight"?
July 13, 10:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm