BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 691 - 700 of 1103 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...111

Forum » Thread

West Coast Trail - May 2010
Colin - Owen Point is a great place at low tide and that made the beach walk from Thrasher to Owen Point worth while. As for the scenery along the beach walk... I have to say that this sect...

In Post-Trip Reports » West Coast Trail - May 2010
June 30, 3:10pm

Heavy gear that works
I carry a fleece sweater which I like to hike in when the weather is cool. I've tried every (lighter) alternative that I can think of but the fleece just can't be topped for the functional...

In GEAR » Heavy gear that works
June 30, 2:40pm

WCT 2010 Gear List
The exception is if you plan on hiking the beach from Thrasher to Owen Point you might want to carry a pair of gloves. This section is covered in barnacles and putting your hands down on them...

In Gear Lists » WCT 2010 Gear List
June 27, 11:12am

West Coast Trail - May 2010
>> If you like scrambling over VW Beetle sized boulders you will love this....;) << The Thrasher to Owen Point section of the trail sees more casualties than any other portion of the...

In Post-Trip Reports » West Coast Trail - May 2010
June 26, 4:59pm

Re: Montane
+1 for the Montane Featherlite Smock. "If" mine ever wears out I'll buy another.

In GEAR » Best Wind Shirt?
June 25, 7:40pm

Montbell Super Spiral
John - That is a Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 in the picture. It works for me but I owned a Seedhouse for quite a few years so not much of a change for me (just a bit smaller... and lighter). I ha...

In GEAR » Montbell Super Spiral
June 25, 12:22am

pack cover? pack liner? neither!
I've used dry bags for quite a few years and thankfully they are making lighter ones these days. I originally only used one for my sleeping bag and one for my clothes but now that they mak...

In GEAR » pack cover? pack liner? neither!
June 25, 12:12am

Steripen bottle...
>> Kind of seems like wasted weight when one can use the light collaspible bottle << I use the cut off Platy as a scoop and treat the water directly in the scoop. Then I can pour th...

In GEAR » Absolute Lightest 1L Water Bottle
June 24, 1:16am

Montbell Super Spiral
I'd never try to talk anybody out of a Western Mountaineering bag, if it meets your needs I'd go with the WM bag. I wanted the extra room and if there is a weight to roominess factor, I...

In GEAR » Montbell Super Spiral
June 24, 1:06am

Steripen Bottle...
>> Took a 2L platy, cut it off a bit above the 1L line << ++1 This is what I use as well. If you go this route, try to find one of the "blue" colored bags. I'm not...

In GEAR » Absolute Lightest 1L Water Bottle
June 23, 10:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm