BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 691 - 700 of 1113 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...112

Forum » Thread

Labeling mini dropper bottles
I use a Sharpie and then put clear tape over it. EDIT - Franco beat me by 1 second! Note: the paper isn't needed on dropper bottles, just cover the Sharpie with the clear tape.

In GEAR » Labeling mini dropper bottles
July 09, 5:34pm

2 medium fuel canisters, or 1 large
I'm the same as Bob on this one. Two small canisters fit in my cook pot and the large doesn't, so I take two small cans.

In GEAR » 2 medium fuel canisters, or 1 large
July 07, 1:55pm

Camp Shoes
What I'm getting from this thread just confirms what I've always believed... depends on the situation. I carry these Mesh Shoes (1.8 oz for the pair) when a few creek crossing are the...

In GEAR » Camp Shoes
July 06, 10:04pm

Merrell Moab Ventilators
I think it's really a matter of what you are accustomed to... I'm a fan of the Merrell Moab Ventilators and have worn them for years. They dry reasonably fast however they do have quit...

In GEAR » "water shoes"
July 06, 8:36pm

Considering Alcohol-free Hand Sanitizer
I use SoapPopular because it is unscented (I hate the smell of the alcohol cleaners) and it is readily available locally. I use it on the trail in a small spray bottle that I found in a dollar ...

In GEAR » Considering Alcohol-free Hand Sanitizer
July 06, 12:42am

new garmins foretrex 301 and 401
I currently have a tech support issue going with Garmin regarding my Foretrex 301. The waypoint dates all list 2007 as the year of capture (or modified date). The correct date is shown on the track...

In GEAR » new garmins foretrex 301 and 401
July 02, 6:19pm

GPS
Bob - I'm an IT guy that has worked in Surveying and Mapping for over 25 years and have worked with GPS data and GPS units as long as they've been available to industry and the public. ...

In Gear Lists » Comfort SUL
July 02, 1:35pm

GPS...
>> Maybe you jump to the conclusion that you are always facing straight ahead << I don't know about you Bob but if I know where North is I'm pretty capable of figuring out wh...

July 02, 12:38pm

GPS...
>>A GPS receiver can't tell you which way you are facing, but the compass can. GPS can tell you which way it is moving<< When you are moving a GPS WILL tell you which way you ar...

July 02, 11:20am

Evolution of UL Hiker...
I've taken a different path and have never let the rather arbitrary Light weight, Ultralight and SUL barriers guide my pack contents. Once my kids grew up and could shoulder (and buy) th...

In GEAR » Evolution of UL Hiker
July 02, 12:33am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm