Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 691 - 700 of 1182 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...119

Forum » Thread

How do you load your pack?

In GEAR » How do you load your pack?
October 22, 3:05pm

Has your knife ever helped you out of a dire situation?
My knife has never helped me out of a dire situation but it is always in my pocket when I hiking or fishing. I carry it for the same reason I carry bear spray... last resort gear that I hope I...

In GEAR » Has your knife ever helped you out of a dire situation?
October 20, 7:04pm

Looking for a lightweight convertible fanny pack to backpack?

In GEAR » Looking for a lightweight convertible fanny pack to backpack?
October 20, 12:29am

What's your favorite backcountry camera?
Pentax Optio W60 Acceptable picture quality but more important to me is that it's waterproof and has a 28 mm wide angle (equivalent). I carry my camera in my pocket without a case when I...

In GEAR » What's your favorite backcountry camera?
October 20, 12:17am

barefoot stream fording?
I go barefoot if the stream bottom is soft or smooth rock. No socks with trail runners if it's warm enough for my shoes to dry (I put my socks back on right after the crossing). I will occ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » barefoot stream fording?
October 18, 4:25pm

cottonballs with vasaline firestaters
I just squish the vasaline into the cotton balls with my fingers and stick them in a small ziplock baggy. Packs nice and flat. The cotton balls don't need to "loft" to burn well. ...

In GEAR » cottonballs with vasaline firestaters
October 16, 12:43am

My updated gear list
If your wife tends to be cold when backpacking you might want to swap out the windproof fleece for a light weight down jacket and a light weight fleece top (100 wt fleece sweater). This combinat...

In Gear Lists » My updated gear list
October 11, 12:41am

What's Your Weakness?

In GEAR » What's Your Weakness?
October 10, 4:54pm

Lunar Solo e & high winds

In GEAR » Lunar Solo e & high winds
October 08, 8:04pm

What's Your Weakness?

In GEAR » What's Your Weakness?
October 08, 2:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm