Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 691 - 700 of 1173 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...118

Forum » Thread

What's Your Weakness?

In GEAR » What's Your Weakness?
October 08, 2:59pm

Who bought a Newt and Why?

In Gear Deals » New MLD Pack- NEWT- $69
October 06, 11:56pm

SteriPen? What is it?
Travis described the function of the Steripen pretty well. Nice thing about the Steripen is that it is quick and no chemical taste. 45 seconds will do 500 ml and 90 seconds for a litre. Ideal...

In GEAR » SteriPen? What is it?
October 06, 9:49pm

Hydration storage

In Gear Deals » New MLD Pack- NEWT- $69
October 05, 2:03am

Creating Routes for navigation
>> I never really thought about that. So you can scan in the hardcopy maps you have, put in the scale then do your route over the map? << You can use an image file (ie. jgp, bmp etc...

In Philosophy & Technique » GPS Usage
October 03, 6:11pm

GPS Usage
I use my GPs in a variety of ways but I use additional software to get the most out of my GPS. For route planning I often use OziExplorer for pulling trail information off of any map I can fin...

In Philosophy & Technique » GPS Usage
October 03, 2:51pm

WM Summerlite vs. Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I considered both these bags this year and went with the Montbell. I think you should look at these two bags as meeting completely different needs. If you typically toss and turn and like to st...

In GEAR » WM Summerlite vs. Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
October 01, 2:44pm

McHale Packs -- Observations & Comments
>> Any well fitting internal lightweight framed pack will carry better than any frameless pack at any weight.<< But David, you have already drunk the McHale Kool-Aid! I couldn'...

In GEAR » McHale Packs -- Observations & Comments
September 30, 1:20am

How's your Fall weather?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How's your Fall weather?
September 27, 1:58pm

pack weight creeping up

In Gear Lists » pack weight creeping up
September 26, 2:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm