Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 691 - 700 of 1144 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...115

Forum » Thread

MB Thermawrap vs Ex-light/UL Down inner vs Alpine Light
>> Hey Mike, love the burn. I was surprised at how much stuff I could get into it. << Scott - My Burn is awesome! I just got back from a two week fly fishing trip where I used my...

In GEAR » MB Thermawrap vs Ex-light/UL Down inner vs Alpine Light
August 31, 2:14pm

MB Thermawrap vs Ex-light/UL Down inner vs Alpine Light
I really like the Montbell jackets and own a Thermawrap, UL Down Inner and a down Inner Vest. The Thermawrap doesn't come close to the warmth of the down garments, so I wouldn't consid...

In GEAR » MB Thermawrap vs Ex-light/UL Down inner vs Alpine Light
August 31, 12:41am

Vehicle break-ins at the trailhead...
Unfortunately, the break-ins are vandalism and often have nothing to do with getting at your valuables. I hike quite a bit in this area and have seen many windshields smashed at various trailheads...

In Post-Trip Reports » West Coast Trail - May 2010
August 28, 11:48pm

Travel to Trailheads...
Jenn - I'm not sure why you would be concerned (being a woman), lots of woman do this trail, it's not that hard it's just different. There aren't a lot of options for getting ...

In Post-Trip Reports » West Coast Trail - May 2010
August 27, 11:48am

Speed Hiking the WCT
>> You are lucky to have access to it in your 'backyard << Very ironic... I spend most of my time dreaming about hiking in your back yard. The WCT is a unique experience thou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Speed Hiking the WCT
August 14, 11:41pm

Speed Hiking the WCT
Considering that I travel sections of the WCT at 1 Km per hour, I can't imagine somebody doing it at that pace! This is the same guy that ran the West Coast Trail and Juan de Fuca trail back...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Speed Hiking the WCT
August 14, 9:24pm

Wish List - One item Only
I was in a similar situation but took a different route. I bought some free time. I decided the money was less important than my time, so I negotiated a 4 day work week and now have 3 day weekend...

In GEAR » Wish List - One item Only
August 10, 9:37am

MYOG Water Filter
Roleigh Martin talked about these on another thread here on BPL and they sounded pretty good. I picked up a bunch (they're cheap) and use them for a pre-filter for my Steripen. They are ...

In GEAR » MYOG Water Filter
August 08, 8:55pm

Bear attack...
This attack a week or so ago in my area made one of our local guys a bit of a hero. Seems this guy only needed tenacity and a big knife to survive a bear attack. I'm not sure how the g...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 1 dead, 2 injured in Montana bear attack
July 30, 8:33pm

Accidental Spraying...
I share your concern on that one as well and for me it comes down to the holster I use. Over the years I've purchased 4 holsters for bear spray and only one is adequate "as built"...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 1 dead, 2 injured in Montana bear attack
July 30, 2:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm