Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rusty Beaver (rustyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me Rusty Beaver has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rusty Beaver

Showing 691 - 700 of 814 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...82

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Thanks for the replies, everyone!
Thanks, Javan. With that much flex, I have to wonder how much of a person's weight they can bear. Having no experience with special poles for backpacking, I don't know to what capacity or i...

In GEAR » Time to get trekking poles. What do I look for?
September 29, 9:25am

Thanks for the replies, everyone!
Very helpful! Jim, You mention the Tigoat poles not being as stiff as you'd prefer. Perhaps this could be a boon for me with wanting to do everything possible to minimize problems with my...

September 28, 8:52pm

Thanks, Javan.
Thanks too for the link. Wish I had known about that webbing before. Being the bumbling sewer that I am though, the area of modifications were stitched and unstitched enough that things are a littl...

In Make Your Own Gear » Granite Gear Wisp overhaul.
September 28, 8:36pm

Granite Gear Wisp overhaul.
I really liked certain things about my Wisp...primarily the volume and comfort of the shoulder straps and waist belt. The more durable materials is appreciated as are the load lifters. However, th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Granite Gear Wisp overhaul.
September 28, 9:44am

Good job!!
There are many practical reasons to MYOG but the feeling of independence, empowering our spirit, is the driving force for me. Your pack looks great!

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Prettylight pack: Success
September 28, 9:14am

Thanks for the help, all!
Re the Tigoat poles, how are the adjustments or as Tigoat calls them, "carbon friendly rubber expander system"? Convenient as the flip lock system? Solid? Konrad...or anyone else, H...

September 27, 6:24pm

Time to get trekking poles. What do I look for?
Using sticks found along the trail is satisfying to me in a number of ways but my body is beginning to yearn for trekking poles. My elbows and forearms would like some shock absorption. My wall...

September 27, 1:31pm

VBL
It's not fashionable, heavy or costly but what I have found to work for myself (all temps) is simple plastic bags. I put one on each foot over the sock and hold it on with a rubber band around ...

In GEAR » UL way to creat more foot warmth in bag?
September 24, 9:15am

Thanks, Sam!
Yet another option you have presented. I looked at those sites and see where one could have a lot of fun. Thanks for that! I see the prices were a little more than a cheap DIYer like myself would l...

In Make Your Own Gear » Homemade light-weight tent pole. Any ideas?
September 20, 10:14am

Made some
To experiment, I purchased some carbon ski poles, alum ski poles and a carbon golf club at the thrift store. $6 total. Though I liked the sturdiness of each different method, the lightest I was...

In Make Your Own Gear » Homemade light-weight tent pole. Any ideas?
September 18, 8:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Rusty Beaver

Rusty Beaver has posted no reviews.