Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rusty Beaver (rustyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me Rusty Beaver has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rusty Beaver

Showing 691 - 700 of 820 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...82

Forum » Thread

Granite Gear Virga VS Gossamer Gear Murmur for comfort?
I know this is a very subjective question but.....for those who have used both, in terms of over all comfort, how does the Gossamer Gear Murmur compare to the Granite Gear Virga? I'm liking ...

In GEAR » Granite Gear Virga VS Gossamer Gear Murmur for comfort?
October 04, 4:13pm

Thanks for the replies, everyone!
Great having so much feedback! The Tigoat poles intrigue me but I can't envision how the locking mechanism works. Does anyone by chance have any photos of that area? Also, could one make ...

In GEAR » Time to get trekking poles. What do I look for?
October 03, 10:25am

Re: Fluorescent paint
Hi, I'm not aware of of any non-toxic paint that would hold up...or any paint for that matter. I tried applying paint on hot stakes hoping it would "bake" the paint on. Didn't ...

In GEAR » tent stakes/pegs
October 03, 10:03am

Re: Hexamid Tarp
Hi Robin, Yes, I did get one....from a private individual who had purchased it but didn't use. Have been using it in conjunction with a Six Moons Meteor bivy. I've used this combo for 3 ...

In GEAR » Zpacks Hexamid Tarp: pole for & bug bivy questions.
October 01, 10:00am

Re: Shoes
Nice work! I like where you're going with this. Would enjoy seeing pics of your 2nd pair when you're done.

In Make Your Own Gear » Shoes
September 30, 1:36pm

Re: Granite Gear Wisp overhaul.
Don't know that it matters much but I did make a mistake on the weight. It was 18oz and not 19. I edited it in my posts. Also, I just removed the waist belt pockets. Now the weight is down t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Granite Gear Wisp overhaul.
September 29, 10:56am

Re: Re: Thanks for the replies, everyone!
Thanks, Javan. With that much flex, I have to wonder how much of a person's weight they can bear. Having no experience with special poles for backpacking, I don't know to what capacity or i...

September 29, 9:25am

Thanks for the replies, everyone!
Very helpful! Jim, You mention the Tigoat poles not being as stiff as you'd prefer. Perhaps this could be a boon for me with wanting to do everything possible to minimize problems with my...

September 28, 8:52pm

Thanks, Javan.
Thanks too for the link. Wish I had known about that webbing before. Being the bumbling sewer that I am though, the area of modifications were stitched and unstitched enough that things are a littl...

September 28, 8:36pm

Granite Gear Wisp overhaul.
I really liked certain things about my Wisp...primarily the volume and comfort of the shoulder straps and waist belt. The more durable materials is appreciated as are the load lifters. However, th...

September 28, 9:44am

All Reader Reviews by Rusty Beaver

Rusty Beaver has posted no reviews.