BPL Community Profile

Joshua Mitchell (jdmitch) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Kansas
About Me Joshua Mitchell has not added a biography yet.
CityLawrence
StateKansas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 691 - 700 of 845 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...85

Forum » Thread

Silicon Ceramic
Likely a microsocopic coating of SiO2 or something similar... aka Glass or Pyrex or Corning Ware... if you trust these to be non-toxic so is the coating.

In GEAR » Is silicon ceramic coating Safe?
March 02, 12:26pm

Interesting... thanks for the heads up.
It appears from the pictures at the site that it is 44" long. and it is designed for the pillow to be on the ground. backpack / bag should easily support your feet. Definitely keep us updated...

In GEAR » LuxuryLite Extreme-Lite Cot (16 oz... 11 oz packed)
March 01, 9:02am

Used it, works nice
Of course, then I went and cut it up to make a ti-windscreen out of... ;) http://homepage.mac.com/jdmitch/PhotoAlbum3.html

In GEAR » Snow Peak Titanium bowl for cooking?
March 01, 8:45am

Fit is similar to Montrail
I actually tried on some Montrail Masai (I think) when I was looking at getting the TNF's via internet (no one around here stocks the TNFs). Like the Montrail's they are a little snug, so order ...

In GEAR » Montrail, TNF or other supportive trail runners to replace Salomon XA Pro 2 XCR
February 28, 11:28am

I have the TNF Ultra102 XCRs
Great shoes, really comfortable and one of the only companies that use a Last that fits my feet (I have narrow heels and a wide toe arch), I liked them so much I bought a pair of vapor lights. I...

In GEAR » Montrail, TNF or other supportive trail runners to replace Salomon XA Pro 2 XCR
February 28, 9:57am

Screwdriver
Nice, I knew you had to have used a 'form' of some sort as I doubt even you could get a round that good 'freehand'. This is going in my bookmarks for when I get time after baby is born.

In Make Your Own Gear » Pot Lifter - MYOG
February 28, 7:34am

Again, Nicely done...
Bill, did you just 'roll' the outer handle around a pen or something? MSR LiteLifter (for reference)

In Make Your Own Gear » Pot Lifter - MYOG
February 27, 11:25am

New MYOG Article?
Jay, I assume this 'experiment' is going to turn into an article, complete with pictures / challenges / suggestions for use and such?

In Make Your Own Gear » Homemade Trekking pole
February 23, 9:38am

Maybe Concentrated rather than powdered?
Typically, alcohol will evaporate (in the drying process) faster than water during a drying to powder process. I wonder if it is simply concentrated / fortified and is actually a liquid.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Powdered Wine?
February 22, 5:19pm

Java Juice in a bottle?
Have you ever tried reheated day or two old coffee? The nasty taste is due to oxidation. JJ in a bottle would likely suffer a similar fate (unless it was very cold out, as oxidation rates will a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Camp Coffee
February 22, 5:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
This is my first Merino T-Shirt (though I have a couple other manufacturers). Wore it a few days straight in super-hot/humid Boy Scout Summer Camp... little to no smell... way comfortable... man I lik...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
July 20, 12:54pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Got mine (Auto-Ignition) a couple years ago as my Xmas present to myself (single engineers have money...), loved it ever since.

In Stoves - Canister
August 02, 11:28am