Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 691 - 700 of 1409 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...141

Forum » Thread

Re: re Long ol' dayhike
Also, maybe take a tip from Adam and Tim seaver and DO the beginning section at least once (maybe some of the other sections too like near the end) to know those trails and be comfortable with ju...

In Philosophy & Technique » Long ol' dayhike prep
May 08, 7:26pm

Re: Safety of boil in bags
"On a trip which involves at least 3-4 meals (for two), it seems that an argument could be made to defend the claim that there is no weight benefit to doing FBC instead of bringing a bigger po...

In GEAR » Freezer bag cooking vs. pot cooking - weight of boil-in-bag bags?
May 08, 6:18pm

Re: Re: Re: re: FBC
I figure you have to carry your food in something so it might as well be a freezer bag so I can cook in it. also you're not "boiling" it in the bag.. you pour hot water in it. thos...

In GEAR » Freezer bag cooking vs. pot cooking - weight of boil-in-bag bags?
May 08, 9:30am

Re: Couples gear
My GF is almost done with out Bilgy 2 person tarptent from Quest outfitters.. 2lb claimed weight for full coverage tarp tent. (got some of Lawson's ti stakes for it. so nice). i should get a ...

In GEAR » Couples gear
May 07, 10:26pm

Re: Re: Mt Diablo
Lol... not to knock the mt diablo hike but it doesn't look anything close to the Hut to Hut traverse... 15mi with 4000' of probably western graded trail is a drop in the bucket compared to...

May 07, 10:21am

Re: Long ol' dayhike prep
here are a few trip reports from folks who have done it http://adamiata.blogspot.com/2013/03/winter-hut-traverse-in-day-0392013.html possibly the only winter completion.. he also has his sum...

May 06, 10:08pm

Re: Re: MSR Miniworks filters very slow
Also don't forget to prime it before you connect your water bottle. pump water through until all the air in the hose and "window" is replaced with water and it's flowing nice ...

In GEAR » MSR Miniworks filters very slow
May 06, 6:42am

Re: Girl packs...
I love my exos but my Gf did not like how it felt either. She has been looking at the Granite gear Crown VC Ki (ki is the womens version)

In GEAR » Pack suggestion for the wife
May 01, 10:19pm

Re: straps
you could probably retrofit the old loops with new style straps. you just need those flat buckles and some gross grain. or set up the old cord versions so they work similarly.

In GEAR » Experiences with the 2013 Enlightened Equipment pad attachment system?
April 30, 7:32pm

Re: Stoveless Breakfast
I bring dry cereal in a zip lock with Nido or powdered milk on trips of any length for breakfast.. pour water.. eat. you're done before the oatmeal and coffee people are even started hehe.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tasty food for 1 night / 20 miles?
April 29, 6:47am

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.