BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 691 - 700 of 1170 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...117

Forum » Thread

Re: Whiteblaze.net is Anti-ultralight
Franco, I am forced to give up. My IP has been banned from the site because the single administrator has always had an issue with me and found every way to get me into a situation where i would vi...

In On the Web » Whiteblaze.net is Anti-ultralight
November 30, 11:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Whiteblaze.net is Anti-ultralight
Not until my IP was banned from the site that the Owner Rick Towle responded to my PM's that i've been sending for weeks to deal with his admin who's personal feelings against my post...

November 30, 8:38pm

Re: Re: Whiteblaze.net is Anti-ultralight
Unfortunately WB isn't just against the term. the whole concept in general. people have posted trip plans that include going faster than average and they are quickly smacked down and ...

November 30, 7:44pm

Whiteblaze.net is Anti-ultralight
Apparently their single administrator in charge would rather ban you than allow you to debate against people who are Anti-ultralight. having a single administrator itself is wrong as any bias is ...

November 30, 7:17pm

Re: Re: Where are the Pots??????
the Stoic 700 was on sale for 20 bucks for like 3 months.. which caused them to sell out at backcountry.. REI has a bunch of different Snow peak sizes

In GEAR » Where are the Pots??????
November 30, 7:18am

Re: Breaking in general
They use carbon fiber to make masts and booms for racing sailboats. it is strong stuff.

In GEAR » Use of Carbon Fiber Poles w/ Shelters
November 28, 9:46am

Re: Use of Carbon Fiber Poles w/ Shelters
Yep, depending on the shelter i'd think the fabric would rip or the poles would tip over before anything snapped.

In GEAR » Use of Carbon Fiber Poles w/ Shelters
November 28, 9:34am

Re: Re: FB cooking
yea, at least with extra water things cook a lot better. not enough water it tends to be undercooked and harder to fix

In GEAR » Time/weight/volume - how to make freezerbag cooking actually work
November 25, 8:24pm

Re: re: how to make freezerbag cooking actually work
hike further or more days and you'll care less what is in the bag. you'll probably inhale it and wonder where there is more :) half cooked, overcooked and soupy.. 5-6 days in it won't...

In GEAR » Time/weight/volume - how to make freezerbag cooking actually work
November 25, 6:55pm

Re: Recurring theme
There is plenty of pushback from the "other side" too. many folks with packs that size still consider people with smaller packs to be unprepared and uncomfortable.

In Gear Lists » Exaggerated pack weights????
November 25, 3:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.