BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 691 - 700 of 1209 | Page: 1 ...61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ...121

Forum » Thread

Re: Re Sleep System and Rules' Bending
"There are those who assume that stealth camping is by definition illegal camping, others like me who argue that it means legal LNT camping off the beaten path, often cooking a mile or two fro...

In GEAR » Sleep system for Camel's Hump, VT? 4,000ft
December 25, 12:41pm

Re: New
yes, and i believe your choices are a bit more educated now. that said, i believe you will have problems finding camping places that high up, especially with snow and ice. Not only is space h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Following the Rules in U.S. Forests?
December 24, 4:00pm

Re: Re: Ben 2 World
White mountains allows camping above tree line once the snowpack has reached 2' i'm not sure if VT has got there yet. i'd say that would be the standard. I have major doubts that ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Following the Rules in U.S. Forests?
December 24, 3:34pm

Re: Jake, it's over.
"Assume we camp very close to the summit, since we love sunrises." doesn't sound like an anecdote to me... but keep digging that hole you've got started.

December 24, 2:44pm

Re: Goodbye, jake
"I will speak to experts, not backseat-campers." HA yea, i only Thru-hiked the trail you are doing a tiny portion of.. but yea, i'm a backseat camper. and the 29 x NH 4k's i ...

December 24, 2:42pm

Re: Jake D
you are trying to get others to justify your actions in the other thread. Camp at Monclair Glen shelter. it will be warmer, drier and legal. you have not said what loop you are taking so i c...

December 24, 2:33pm

Re: Following the Rules in U.S. Forests?
"We practice Leave-No-Trace camping practices to the letter" Does not equal "However, all of us, collectively, have occasionally thumbed our noses at regulations that prohibit ...

December 24, 2:28pm

Re: Jake.
You have said that you are going to disregard the regulations of the state park. you need to take some responsibility, especially if you are a leader of an outdoor club, and follow the rules an...

December 24, 2:16pm

Re: Following the Rules in U.S. Forests?
I mean it is only an ecological protection area on one of VT's most popular mountains.. http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/camelshump.htm "CAMPING Camping is permitted only in shelter...

December 24, 2:08pm

Re: Jake D
So, you have 5 of you, camping illegally on one of the 5 VT 4000 footers which is a state landmark. http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/camelshump.htm " An ecological area, for preservat...

December 24, 1:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.