Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hk Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Mostly 2 to 3 day loops, with a couple weeklong trips too, ... thinking about multi-week.

I'll update my gear list tomorrow ...
CityThe Gila
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hk Newman

Showing 681 - 690 of 1450 | Page: 1 ...60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ...145

Forum » Thread

Planning: Tracking wildfire burn areas
Found this navigable map website for public information on wildfire burn areas on esri.com, a major GIS (geographical information systems) company (current 7/30/2013) It loads without GIS softwa...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Tracking wildfire burn areas
June 30, 9:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Struck by lightning
Almost several years ago. The stays in my pack started vibrating when a large dark cloud came down towards me while I was exposed in the meadow going to Jack's Creek in the Pecos wilderness. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Struck by lightning
June 30, 5:12pm

Re: look at the boots on those gals
I must call foul (fowl?) on those gals. Every small fowl hunter I know wrap their doves/quail/pigeon/whatever in bacon (which kind of defeats the purpose I guess). So each model would need t...

In Chaff » what to do when encountering guns on the trail
June 29, 9:24am

Re: Taos area backpacking for Camp Fire kids?
In regards to the Latir Peaks wilderness, good water, some good campsites (though a group your size, hope you share some tents), and the entire wilderness was relatively smaller than the Pecos, so ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Taos area backpacking for Camp Fire kids?
June 24, 8:22pm

Taos NM area basecamping
Despite the current rash of Southwestern wildfires, there are some areas still open for hiking. The Pecos being closed, the party I was hiking with switched to Latir Peak and Wheeler Peak north of...

In Photo Gallery » Taos NM area basecamping
June 23, 10:00am

Re: Re: Re: Wait a minute, Jen...
Of course, he seems to think I am saving to move to Portland...he conveniently forgot the PCT bit. His response? "You can't do that. You'll be a bum!" Well he just assumes y...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Austin TX and environs...
June 16, 9:02am

Re: Arizona Highline Trail
Looks like the perfect time. Assume it was a shuttle hike? Approximately what time (morning, noon, etc..) did you see the snake pictured above?

In Post-Trip Reports » Arizona Highline Trail
June 15, 6:43pm

Re: Maybe my first solo trip this weekend??
Solo trips are the best since you set your own pace. I'll go on various group trips but if feeling sick/pukey that day (or whatever), you still need to keep up with the group.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Maybe my first solo trip this weekend??
June 15, 9:30am

Re: Re: Synmat UL7 and Schnozzel
Need to try this on my Synmat. The little pump pillow only does so much.

In Editor's Roundtable » Exped Airmat Pumps Spotlite Review
June 15, 9:24am

Re: Weekend Backpack-- Exploring The San Gabriels
Really nice. With all the fires about a month west of the general area, I would have never thought the San Gabriels would have looked so lush.

In Post-Trip Reports » Weekend Backpack-- Exploring The San Gabriels
June 14, 9:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Hk Newman

Hk Newman has posted no reviews.