BPL Community Profile

Jason Elsworth (jephoto) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale New Zealand
About Me Jason Elsworth has not added a biography yet.
CityWellington
CountryNew Zealand
My Website URLhttp://www.jasonelsworth.co.nz

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Elsworth

Showing 671 - 680 of 893 | Page: 1 ...59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ...90

Forum » Thread

McHale Pack
In one of Dr Jordan's fantastic "Done In 24 Hour" videos I think he comments that on short overnighters you might as well carry a framed pack (I assume he was thinking of something in...

In GEAR » McHale Packs -- Observations & Comments
September 30, 1:34am

Drop off
In the past I have used a torso mat with my pack under my legs, but I made a mock up short neoair to try this out and found that the extra drop off put a lot of strain on my back. Instead I ordered...

In GEAR » NeoAir Length
September 28, 2:12pm

Ken Ring
Ken Ring was on the radio the other day claiming to have predicted the Christchurch earthquake. If we can bring the moon into this thread then we should make a 1000 posts easy - faked moon lan...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
September 24, 3:17am

Food weight
1.4 POUNDS PER PERSON PER DAY is absolutely fine for a 3-season environment. Based on my experience and observations to date 1.4 pounds per person per day seems fine to me for a 3-season enviro...

In Gear Lists » 8 pound base weight
September 22, 3:48pm

Hane
Next in line for the hane have sent a PM.

In Gear Swap » BPL Hane, ThermaWrap+ More
September 22, 12:00am

Lightweight Internal Frame Packs: a State of the Market Report - Part 1C: Main Bag & Comfort
I have only used a bladder system on one multi day hike and if anything I think I over hydrated, which can also be problematic. However, when I used to have my water bottle in my pack and only drun...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Internal Frame Packs: a State of the Market Report - Part 1C: Main Bag & Comfort
September 18, 2:53pm

Hyperlite Mountain Gear Inc.
Look forward to seeing Dan's review. I would also agree that the pole looks too low.

In Gear Deals » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Inc.
September 14, 10:19pm

backpackinglight.co.uk
They have excellent customer service and are very well respected in the UK (which is an island nation to the North East of the United States:)). They have also won awards for their great podcasts. ...

In GEAR » backpackinglight.co.uk
September 13, 4:22pm

Expert" List Needs Fresh Perspective
Sam. Yes, I have also found this a useful thread. I always find that someone has a different way of doing things that I haven't thought of. Even if it doesn't offer a huge weight saving ...

In Gear Lists » "Expert" List Needs Fresh Perspective
September 10, 5:09pm

Which tents under 3kg will take 100km/h winds from any direction?
Definitely agree with Roger regrading geodesic domes where the poles are NOT threaded into the flysheet. I had a three pole design badly bent out of shape in strong winds. In fairness it was the ta...

In GEAR » Which tents under 3kg will take 100km/h winds from any direction?
September 10, 4:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Jason Elsworth

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
Arrived quickly all the way to New Zealand and looks very well made.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 16, 4:11am