Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 671 - 680 of 1093 | Page: 1 ...59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ...110

Forum » Thread

Smokies
Looks a fair amount like my Smokies list. You shouldn't have bugs in October; nix the headnet if you want. The shelters have hanging cables so no bear line/caribiner needed. How many nights ...

In Gear Lists » October in the Smokies - Gear list
July 13, 11:03am

Raven
I have a black diamond raven I would consider trading for one of your nice bivies. Its 70 cm. The axe is in like-new condition

In Gear Deals » WTB: Crampons, ice axe
July 13, 10:14am

Stoic Wraith
Love your work on these. Thanks for letting us all in on the tests. If I could add one, it would be the Stoic Wraith at $37, 2.5 ounces, and pretty good reviews from others. If it works well, it...

In Editor's Roundtable » Windshirts: 2012 State of the Market Report - Part 1: What is a Windshirt?
July 11, 1:27pm

Breathability
Windshirts breathe

In Editor's Roundtable » Windshirts: 2012 State of the Market Report - Part 1: What is a Windshirt?
July 11, 1:22pm

Newbie question
I try not to pack foods that smell too strongly. When I do, I keep them packaged well. If your food smells, a bear might notice it. If a bear doesn't notice it, mice, squirrels, or other var...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Newbie question
July 11, 9:44am

Tarps
Is your tarp taped or is it the older, seam-sealed, version?

In Gear Swap » Fire Sale (no pun intended) Gossamer Gear, Montbell, Z-Packs, Trail Designs
July 09, 5:15pm

Mt. Sneffels/Blue Lakes Trail
I am from Kentucky and regularly get out to our shared Cumberland Plateau. We had no serious altitude problems other than a little decrease appetite. I went with my son to the Chicago basin and c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mt. Sneffels/Blue Lakes Trail
July 06, 10:19am

Mt Sneffels
We did a nearby trip last year. We had plenty of rain and lightning. We really had no bugs. We saw no bears but lots of goats; I was told bears are rare there. We slept right at tree line and h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mt. Sneffels/Blue Lakes Trail
July 06, 8:12am

Cataloochie
Thanks for the info Brad. That is one of the few areas of the park that I have not explored much.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Smokies overnight suggestions?
July 02, 12:37pm

water management
1. If you use water treatment that takes time, like AM, you undoubtedly are carrying extra weight in water over something like the squeeze, no matter how you look at it. 2. I prefer to carry a bot...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » water management
July 02, 10:39am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.