Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 671 - 680 of 1107 | Page: 1 ...59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ...111

Forum » Thread

Roan Highlands Loop?
It is a beautiful section. I highly recommend it. I would do the whole section and pay for the shuttle. Alternatively, from Carver's Gap, you can walk the AT and hit an intersection with the ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Roan Highlands Loop?
July 31, 8:23am

Yellowstone/Grand Teton day hikes?
At Washburn, there are really some nice views. I also saw a griz and walked right through a herd of sheep butting heads. I really liked the grand canyon of Yellowstone too. Nice falls and cany...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Yellowstone/Grand Teton day hikes?
July 30, 2:47pm

10 Lb'ers.... Speechless
You look young enough to carry it all comfortably. But if you want to go lighter, ditch a lot of those clothes. I can't tell what the offenders are exacly, but that seems to be your biggest i...

In Gear Lists » 10 Lb'ers.... Speechless
July 30, 9:24am

Budget Improvement on 12 pounds
My suggestions: 1.Look at Tim's Enlightened Equipment Rev-X. Versatile. Light. Priced right. Golite has some nice deals on quilts too. 2.Ditch the heavy tent and go with a tarp or tarp-te...

In Gear Lists » Budget Improvement on 12 pounds
July 30, 8:21am

Polycryo
Its really pretty hard to beat. Its very light, durable, and cheap.

In GEAR » Ground Sheet: Beyond the Space Blanket
July 27, 1:59pm

WTB tarp for young AT hiker
My son is planning to start a SOBO AT hike in mid-August. His 19 year old friend has decided to go with him. The friend has little backpacking experience so I am trying to help equip him for the ...

In Gear Swap » WTB tarp for young AT hiker
July 24, 1:38pm

Depends
It really depends on your weather forecast, which can vary quite a bit that time of year. Also, lower elevations might be fine while higher elevations would not. I would want at least a 30 degree...

In GEAR » Will this work?
July 18, 2:52pm

Poncho
I regularly use a poncho. It works well in the southeast too, where wet and muggy is normal. I was just considering alternatives. I own a set of dr-ducks too but haven't had them on that much.

In GEAR » Do Dri-Ducks really breathe?
July 17, 1:05pm

Do Dri-Ducks really breathe?
Dale, I have seen the same consensus. That is why I was surprised to see that Will's chart seems to show very low breathability for these.

July 17, 11:13am

Do Dri-Ducks really breathe?
I have frequently read on these forums that dri-ducks were very breathable but fragile. This seemed like a pretty good trade off for some of my trips. I recently read this article by Will Rietvel...

July 17, 9:52am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.