Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 671 - 680 of 1079 | Page: 1 ...59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ...108

Forum » Thread

Quilt
That quilt should be fine for most October Smokies trips, unless you hear of some crazy early storm coming. Just got my EE quilt; you will love it. I would go wide.

In GEAR » enLIGHTenment Rev X for smokies in October?
June 25, 12:27pm

Carry om
I never check my pack. They are not going to baby it.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Protecting your pack during air travel
June 24, 11:18am

Windshirts
Thanks for the down and dirty analysis. I have been interested in the wraith because Stoic fits me well. But everyone raves about the Houdini. Sounds like the Stoic is comparable in breathabilit...

In GEAR » Windjacket Fabric Showdown
June 21, 11:02am

SIde sleeping
I would look at the wide Enlightened Equipment quilt; great deal. For a bag, I would check out the Montbell bags. The stretch seems to allow a lot of leg gymnastics.

In GEAR » Side sleeper in need of a sleeping bag or quilt suggestions
June 19, 4:45pm

October
Zion, other southern Utah areas area good in October and very different from your Alps. I did it last October and loved it.

In Pre-Trip Planning » where to hike arround mid october ?
June 19, 4:41pm

Stability
Stability is not great, but is workable. I have found it fits on the can pretty well. With a base that small, its just not going to be that stable. I just switched to a zelph Starlyte and beer c...

In GEAR » Best Sideburner for Foster's Can
June 19, 8:40am

Music
Get to see Bassnectar again next month in Louisville @ Forecastle. Also Zion I, A-Trak, etc. Mostly an alternative fan though. I love Animal Collective, Atlas Sound, LCD Soundsystem when I can l...

In Chaff » House and Techno Ultralighters
June 19, 8:08am

Cat
Cat can works fine on a foster's pot. I have even found that it's not terribly inefficient when I used a tall close windscreen. The heat transfer rate on the vertical walls is not as bad ...

In GEAR » Best Sideburner for Foster's Can
June 19, 7:56am

Windscreen for a cat stove
If your pot is fairly wide, halfway up the pot should be fine since most of the heat will be dispersed by then to the bottom of the pot. A taller/thinner pot may call for a taller winscreen becaus...

In GEAR » Windscreen for a cat stove
June 14, 9:22am

Down sleeping bag needed
I have the Montbell #3 too. The baffles do feel a little thin but the bag wraps around you well and, in my experience, has kept me pretty warm to around freezing temperatures. I recently got my...

In GEAR » Down sleeping bag needed
June 13, 1:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.