Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben C (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben C has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben C

Showing 671 - 680 of 1047 | Page: 1 ...59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ...105

Forum » Thread

Quilt under a tarp without a Bivy?
Does it make sense to use a quilt under a tarp with no bivy? As background, I am 6'4" and 190 lbs. I am primarily a side-sleeper. I primarily backpack in the southeast Appalachia. I ...

In GEAR » Quilt under a tarp without a Bivy?
May 14, 10:23am

Pillow
I can see how that would help. What kind of pillow are you using?

In Make Your Own Gear » Trick to sleep confortably on a thin CCF sleeping pad
May 10, 8:12am

Tarps
Consider a tarp. I find I am happier with a groundsheet and no floor for several reasons. A tarp is lighter. A tarp has fewer condensation issues. Really, the only "protection" you ne...

In GEAR » UL Tent Vs. Traditional
May 08, 3:38pm

Justin's
I love me some Nutella too, but the ingredient list on Justin's looks a bit better to me. It tastes just as good to me too. And it comes in small squeeze packages as well as in the tub.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Nutella question
April 30, 12:16pm

List
There are lots of options between the heavy boots and your trail gloves. I was skeptical dropping my boots too-dislocated both ankles-but the move to light trail runners in one of the best changes...

In Gear Lists » New to Site, ONP list to share
April 30, 11:09am

List
I would leave the boots at home to gather dust and wear a pair of light, meshy trail runners. You can easily take 16 oz off your feet. GEN III ECWCS: Level I: I don't know what this is. Is...

In Gear Lists » New to Site, ONP list to share
April 30, 9:17am

AT
Good luck!

In Gear Lists » Late Start AT Thru Gear List
April 27, 1:15pm

Advice?
My only other advice would be to get your GF a thick cushy sleeping pad...if you want her to go with you again.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 2 night trip in the Smokies
April 27, 11:54am

R2R2R
Its inspiring to hear the stories from this trip. Glad to hear some did more hiking and less running. It makes me think I could join one of these. I love to run, but have never run that far or t...

In Other Activities » R2R2R: Questions for runners
April 27, 11:38am

Smokies
I prefer to start out of Big Creek or Cosby. The traffic going through Gatlinburg or Cades Cove can really be bad, especially Fri-Sun. Out of Big Creek, you can go up the AT (do not skip Mt. C...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 2 night trip in the Smokies
April 27, 8:13am

All Reader Reviews by Ben C

Ben C has posted no reviews.