BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 671 - 680 of 915 | Page: 1 ...59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ...92

Forum » Thread

foam on top
They don't work exactly Lile a series of resistors because of the larger surface area of the airmat. You want the foam on top so the temperature gradient between the air and airmat(with large s...

In Philosophy & Technique » Sleeping pad combo - which one on top?
December 03, 12:57pm

Tarps and rain
I have become more damp from condensation in my tarptent than I have yet to get from any blown rain in my 8 x 10 tarp. Maybe I have been lucky.

In GEAR » Tarps
December 02, 3:39pm

Tarps
I would go tarping with a friend who tarps, if possible. There is a fear of the unknown with tarps. We've been told our whole life that you camp in a tent; it just seems wrong to do otherwise...

In GEAR » Tarps
December 02, 10:45am

Doggie assault
This happened to a friend of mine a few years ago. He had a pretty serious injury to his foot from the shooting. I don't think anyone would make this up unless he shot himself.

In Chaff » Hunter Shot in Butt by His Own Dog with His Own Gun
December 01, 3:43pm

Tarps
I really like my tarp. I have a twin size tarp from gossamer gear and use it with a polycryo ground sheet only - no bivy. Its a simple set up. It is much lighter than a tent set up and keeps a v...

In GEAR » Tarps
December 01, 9:25am

Sleeping
I would not sleep in those temperatures in just the thermal sheet. I would look into a warmer quilt.

In GEAR » Gear selection for newbie -- going from tropical to arctic.
November 29, 7:53am

Civil religion
Terry. You should attend a Unitarian universalist service.

In Chaff » Cross removed @ Afghanistan Base
November 28, 9:49pm

Comparing apples and oranges
I'm not sure we should conduct ourselves based on how Afghanistan conducts itself. I think most of us believe, at least on a cerebral level, that all religions are welcome in the US and should...

In Chaff » Cross removed @ Afghanistan Base
November 28, 11:59am

Kids
My kids loved my tarp when I switched to it. It feels more adventurous than a fully enclosed tent to a boy that age (and to me for that matter). I have a Spinn Twinn from Gossamer Gear. It cover...

In GEAR » My first lightweight tent
November 28, 11:36am

Zpacks cape and skirt
Got the goods, Kathleen. Thanks for passing these along. They look perfect for 2 seasons for me.

In Gear Swap » FS: Contrail, zpacks rainskirt and cloudcape, BA pumphouse,
November 23, 12:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.