BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 671 - 680 of 992 | Page: 1 ...59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ...100

Forum » Thread

Quitting in March?
I would love to quit. But its March. I'm a UK fan. They are ranked #1. March Madness starts next week. Maybe I will quit in April.

In Chaff » Quitting TV...3 month update
March 06, 3:36pm

No bivy
I do what Randy does with the SpinnTwinn but use no bivy. Its much lighter that way and much cheaper.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » tarp, bivy, ground cloth vs. UL tent weight/cost analysis
March 01, 12:17pm

Poncho
That Zpacks poncho/groundsheet seems to combine very well with the hexamid. There have been some pics up of it on the forums.

In GEAR » Ground sheet
February 29, 7:48am

330's
I saw that too, Toby. Your feet might just not fit them. I see they do now have the anatomic fit category also, but I have not heard anything about it.

In GEAR » do Inov8 shoes tend to be on the narrow side?
February 28, 1:07pm

295s are quite a bit wider. if you look on the Inov8 site, you will notice they mention some of their shoes (like the 295) are built on a "comfort" last and some are built on a "per...

In GEAR » do Inov8 shoes tend to be on the narrow side?
February 28, 12:27pm

Zion
I stayed in Zion 4 days and could have stayed longer. We had planned to go backpacking in Escalante from there maybe stop by Bryce. The weather turned rainy/snowy, so we backed out of the Escalan...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Las Vegas > Grand Canyon (South Rim) > Flagstaff > Mt Zion > Bryce
February 27, 1:20pm

Zion
Just took my kids to Zion but they are a bit older. We really had a great time there. We spent about 4 days there. The Narrows walk is great but there is one spot where the water gets about nipp...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Las Vegas > Grand Canyon (South Rim) > Flagstaff > Mt Zion > Bryce
February 27, 1:12pm

Tougher cat
Get a badass cat who will keep any rats away.

In Chaff » Rat Encounter
February 27, 9:48am

Hexamid
The combo poncho/Hexamid does seem to fit together very nicely. I think that poncho might be a good option for me even in a larger tarp too. I really can't go lighter and I always like some k...

In Gear Swap » WTB hexamid
February 24, 10:45am

Splashing
I really like the setup, Nick. have you been pretty happy with the poncho/groundsheet. I don't have a hexamid but was thinking of getting one for use as my poncho and under by SpinnTwinn. I ...

In Gear Swap » WTB hexamid
February 24, 8:37am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.