Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben C (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben C has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben C

Showing 671 - 680 of 1042 | Page: 1 ...59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ...105

Forum » Thread

List
I would leave the boots at home to gather dust and wear a pair of light, meshy trail runners. You can easily take 16 oz off your feet. GEN III ECWCS: Level I: I don't know what this is. Is...

In Gear Lists » New to Site, ONP list to share
April 30, 9:17am

AT
Good luck!

In Gear Lists » Late Start AT Thru Gear List
April 27, 1:15pm

Advice?
My only other advice would be to get your GF a thick cushy sleeping pad...if you want her to go with you again.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 2 night trip in the Smokies
April 27, 11:54am

R2R2R
Its inspiring to hear the stories from this trip. Glad to hear some did more hiking and less running. It makes me think I could join one of these. I love to run, but have never run that far or t...

In Other Activities » R2R2R: Questions for runners
April 27, 11:38am

Smokies
I prefer to start out of Big Creek or Cosby. The traffic going through Gatlinburg or Cades Cove can really be bad, especially Fri-Sun. Out of Big Creek, you can go up the AT (do not skip Mt. C...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 2 night trip in the Smokies
April 27, 8:13am

Gear list
I would want a short sleeve shirt; maybe your sleeping shirt can suffice. I would take more than 11 g of soap; maybe the sanitizer will make up for it. I would nix the folding bowl and headlamp. ...

In Gear Lists » Late Start AT Thru Gear List
April 26, 3:05pm

Inov-8
I am partial to the 295s but they carry a variety of light, meshy shoes.

In GEAR » Lightweight, breathable, waterproof shoes
April 26, 10:01am

fear of the paddle
I am with you on this, Paul. I have 3 boys and it just never felt like I needed to hit them. And I'm proud of how my sample size of 3 turned out. I think kids are often hit when the parents ...

In Chaff » Study: "One third of parents will not let children do ‘risky activities’ like climbing trees"
April 25, 8:45am

Everything David said
I agree with him on all of it. You can cut a lot more later on, but you'll need to change a few pieces of gear.

In Gear Lists » First Time UL'er, Help!
April 24, 2:47pm

Poles
Gossamer Gear and TiGoat I think have the lightest poles, but pricey. For a bit cheaper, look for sales. I would avoid the heavy shock absorption.

In Gear Lists » Please take a look at my lists :)
April 24, 12:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben C

Ben C has posted no reviews.