BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 671 - 680 of 999 | Page: 1 ...59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ...100

Forum » Thread

Cades Cove area
I am planning a trip to the Smokies for this weekend right now, so I have my map. There is a lot of mild terrain around Cades Cove. You could leave Cades Cove out Abrams falls and loop back on Ra...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Route selection in the smokies Help Please!
March 13, 9:13am

Obscenity filter
I thought there was some sort of obscenity filter on here. It needs an adjustment.

In Philosophy & Technique » How you look when you go backpacking...
March 09, 1:56pm

SLX denatured alcohol or Everclear
Either of these will work with no soot

In GEAR » Avoiding soot from alchy stoves?
March 09, 1:47pm

Carry on
I ALWAYS carry on. My pack and gear is to valuable and valuable to my trip. If you do check another bag, you might trow your stove in the checked bag; I have heard the sniffers might sniff out a ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Flying with a Backpack
March 09, 1:43pm

WW safety
I agree that you shouldn't whitewater paddle alone. I never go alone. Then again, this was supposed to be class I-II water. If possible, its good to know what the water level is and what tha...

In Packrafting » What you would do? - Sweeper Q / Initial Trip Report
March 09, 10:36am

Stoic Wraith
That Wraith is nice and light and looks like a great deal. Do you all like it?

In GEAR » Windshirt suggestions?
March 08, 4:12pm

SE trip
I will be in the Smokies at about the same time. Definitely keep the driducks in my book. You and I both know we're going to get rained on at some point in the trip; it's March in the SE....

In Gear Lists » Any suggestions?
March 08, 4:03pm

Quitting in March?
I would love to quit. But its March. I'm a UK fan. They are ranked #1. March Madness starts next week. Maybe I will quit in April.

In Chaff » Quitting TV...3 month update
March 06, 3:36pm

No bivy
I do what Randy does with the SpinnTwinn but use no bivy. Its much lighter that way and much cheaper.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » tarp, bivy, ground cloth vs. UL tent weight/cost analysis
March 01, 12:17pm

Poncho
That Zpacks poncho/groundsheet seems to combine very well with the hexamid. There have been some pics up of it on the forums.

In GEAR » Ground sheet
February 29, 7:48am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.