Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 671 - 680 of 1055 | Page: 1 ...59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ...106

Forum » Thread

Moto
I got a Motorola Galaxy S II. I wont go back to an iphone. Overall I like it better. GPS is good. You can swap out cards and batteries. Light. Feels pretty durable. Big honking screen.

In GEAR » Best smartphone for backcountry use
May 24, 7:53am

Bears
There are bears in the area. Big Creek campground is known to have bears. You are most likely to see them there than anywhere else. You can see them other places too. There are hanging cables a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 2 night trip in the Smokies
May 17, 11:16am

Gear
A garbage bag or trash compactor bag will work fine to keep gear dry that needs to stay dry. The hardest part is keeping your spirits up when its still raining when you set up camp. I try to enjo...

In GEAR » Whats the best way to stay dry in the rain
May 17, 11:11am

Wet in the Smokies
I just don't think there is any way to stay dry on those days. The water you had through your silnylon poncho was probably condensation. I have have had the exact same thing happen in the Smo...

In GEAR » Whats the best way to stay dry in the rain
May 17, 8:55am

Smokies
Your loop may go through Gunter Fork trail. Its a nice trail but closed when I went through in March. You might want to call ahead and see if its open if you plan on going, especially if its wet....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 2 night trip in the Smokies
May 17, 8:09am

Hike in the buff
Thanks Rhonda. Recently got back, though. We mostly just paddled the river and did a shorter hike near Conway/Little Rock. Floating the Buff was very nice though.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Ideas for day hikes in Arkansas Ozarks
May 14, 2:55pm

Quilt under a tarp without a Bivy? No one would stick with a full bag?
Just the input I was hoping to get. Seems like most of you prefer a quilt/bivy combo. But that is going to wind up being heavier than my current bag alone with a headnet for bugs. The main a...

In GEAR » Quilt under a tarp without a Bivy?
May 14, 12:31pm

Quilt under a tarp without a Bivy?
Thanks for the input, guys. I am looking for this bag to be good for 30 degrees and over nighttime temps; I will not be using it in winter really. I am a side sleeper so will probably need a wi...

May 14, 11:00am

Quilt under a tarp without a Bivy?
Does it make sense to use a quilt under a tarp with no bivy? As background, I am 6'4" and 190 lbs. I am primarily a side-sleeper. I primarily backpack in the southeast Appalachia. I ...

May 14, 10:23am

Pillow
I can see how that would help. What kind of pillow are you using?

In Make Your Own Gear » Trick to sleep confortably on a thin CCF sleeping pad
May 10, 8:12am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.