BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 651 - 660 of 1371 | Page: 1 ...57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ...138

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: what's better for your knees: stiff soles or, well, less stiff soles
>>Be careful, stiff shoes don't allow your feet and ankles to extend and become a part of each stride. Instead your knees will take all the impact. This is exactly what happened to me....

In GEAR » what's better for your knees: stiff soles or, well, less stiff soles
April 22, 11:09am

urgh
I've been waiting for a solomid to come up, but I don't have the bucks for the cuben version.

In Gear Swap » FS: Trailstar, Solomid w/innernet, Cricket, Bug Bivy
April 22, 11:01am

Spoon heresy
So I've tried maybe 7-10 different utensils, including a couple wooden spoons, titanium and aluminum spoons, and plastic spoons. Currently I'm using a spoon from a froyo place, but it's...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Spoon heresy
April 22, 9:01am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who "Lost their heads"
I have to disagree with you somewhat. Visual media marketing leans heavily on innate emotional tendencies. Our brains crave stimulation and watching a pundit cage match pushes those buttons way mor...

In On the Web » Headline: "Why does America lose its head over 'terror' but ignore its daily gun deaths?"
April 22, 12:18am

Re: river knife
Thanks for your insight, everyone. Looks like I'll be getting a knife. I now have a couple other possibilities to check out too.

In Packrafting » river knife?
April 21, 11:40pm

Re: Re: Re: Who "Lost their heads"
I lived without a TV for two years and am currently in a house with a TV. It's impossible to watch anymore. Inane. Infuriating. I get my news from the internet (with adblock) but I realize I...

In On the Web » Headline: "Why does America lose its head over 'terror' but ignore its daily gun deaths?"
April 21, 11:35pm

Re: Re: labels
>>Huh? So what do you call someone that follows a school of thought? Followers of solipsism are solipsists. Those who practice math are mathematicians. Those who practice physics are physicis...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who gets out more, the UL or the BC camper?
April 21, 11:24pm

Re: Who "Lost their heads"
>>24/7 coverage of a big story is expected And why is that? How much wrong information was disseminated and how many thousands of times were the same handful of facts repeated b/c nothing ...

April 21, 11:01pm

Re: Re: Contact lenses: a friendly warning (that has nothing to do with hygiene).
+1 Travis. I can't even take a 15 minute nap in mine.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Contact lenses: a friendly warning (that has nothing to do with hygiene).
April 21, 8:07pm

Re: day hike
With that information, I would personally take: pocket knife snacks/water (100 oz camelback full at the start would be plenty for me so no purification paraphernalia) windbreaker tape headlamp...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » day hike pack list
April 21, 10:04am

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.