Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 651 - 660 of 1413 | Page: 1 ...57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ...142

Forum » Thread

Re: psychology?
I would get the tent, personally. A .34oz/yd cuben HM and a 1.5lb oz bivy seem mismatched.

In GEAR » Two wildly different solo shelter options... thoughts?
May 16, 12:18pm

Re: Morton's Lite Salt - be careful
Soups and such flavored with sea salt have the same hidden problem: salts other than sodium chloride and consequently higher levels of K, Mg, etc. /OT kidney health aside

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » electrolyte supplements---capsules in particular--how many?
May 16, 7:13am

Re: Using knots instead of line-locs
Chris, I do the same thing, except the bowline is the stake loop and I larkshead the Prussik to the guyout. Then I can adjust from underneath the tarp.

In Make Your Own Gear » Question about movable line-locs on tarp tie outs
May 16, 7:09am

Re: The Herd
+1 Paul

In Philosophy & Technique » Following the Herd.
May 15, 7:19pm

mm
>>You know the ones: What tent should I use on the JMT Which is the best stove for the JMT What sleeping bag do people bring on the JMT What brand of sniffing glue is recommended for the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's so great about the JMT?
May 10, 7:24am

treeline
>>Did you know that much of the JMT is above the treeline? That means no pretty trees and plants to look at. Just ugly rocks everywhere. You jest, but I think I once asked what was so grea...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's so great about the JMT?
May 10, 7:21am

chacos
Am I the only one who never liked Chacos? Every one I have tried on the soles felt like boards. I never walked out of a store with a pair. Ryan, thanks for the additional info. I actually had a...

In Make Your Own Gear » FINALLY...A minimalist sandal that works!
May 08, 6:43pm

Routes
I won't know if I can make it until the week of, but I might as well throw my two cents in. I'm looking at going over Spotted Bear Pass and down Spotted Bear River, cutting up to the MF eit...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2013 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open
May 08, 2:51pm

tenkara and kids
Manfred wrote up his family JMT thru and his kids fished the whole way. Report here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/67366/index.html

In Fishing » Will Tenkara save me? (Fishing Ramblings)
May 08, 6:33am

okay, i'll bite
They do look very like unshoes. If you're looking for beta testers I'd be interested. What's your sole material?

In Make Your Own Gear » FINALLY...A minimalist sandal that works!
May 08, 6:27am

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.