Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 651 - 660 of 1425 | Page: 1 ...57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ...143

Forum » Thread

How long do you hold on to extra gear you don't really use?
As soon as I decide between two pieces of gear, the one that loses goes in the sell box. Occasionally something in the sell box comes back out, but that hasn't happened often. The sell box has ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How long do you hold on to extra gear you don't really use?
May 23, 9:42pm

distinction without difference
Eric, I hear you. There was a question on an article this week asking about bear cans and SUL and Ryan's response was just add the two pounds, it's still SUL. I'm not proposing hard and...

In GEAR » Gear Confessions
May 23, 5:01pm

WTB: silnylon solomid
Busy in here today and a lot of MLD items coming up. Seems a good time to repost this.

In Gear Swap » WTB: silnylon solomid
May 23, 11:32am

inspiration is great but
>>I am inspired by the mention of the word "discipline" at around 5:29. Hey, now, this is a family site...

In Editor's Roundtable » The SUL Wanderer (Video Series) - Episode 1: Gear
May 23, 8:16am

email/PM sent with interest
several items

In Gear Swap » FS: Spring cleaning
May 22, 10:50am

Nick x1000
Just walkin', dude. Chill out. It'll be fine.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Psyching myself out
May 21, 7:31pm

It's smoke; of course it's not good to breathe it. But I think I'll save my respirator for when I'm working with heavy dust and nasty VOCs from man-made products. I can't get to...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Case Against Wood Fires
May 21, 4:00pm

>>No- it's a SYMPTOM of the decline in civilization and morality. It's present everywhere. Exactly. Everywhere and in every time. Keep in mind corn flakes were invented by a guy w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!
May 18, 4:37pm

"wolf" tracks
Also, no wolves in NC, although the tracks you saw may well have been wolf-size. Tracks in the snow will spread over time. However big they were, they started out smaller than the size you found them.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me go Solo!
May 18, 6:48am

Re: Baby steps.
In my experience, it really just comes down to exposure therapy. You won't be comfortable sleeping alone in the woods until you get some experience sleeping alone in the woods. Of the suggestio...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me go Solo!
May 18, 6:44am

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.