BPL Community Profile

spelt the enigmatic (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt the enigmatic

Showing 651 - 660 of 1350 | Page: 1 ...57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ...135

Forum » Thread

WTB: silnylon solomid
One more try for this, I guess.

In Gear Swap » WTB: silnylon solomid
April 11, 8:39am

Re: A long anticipated meeting on the Black Forest Trail
Nice report, Ike. Seems both your characters came through in less than ideal situations. I had to chuckle a bit at the mention of all the ups and downs. It's no straight shot like a 14er, b...

In Post-Trip Reports » A long anticipated meeting on the Black Forest Trail
April 11, 8:32am

Re: out of curiousity
>>So my guess is, people who like this pad do not toss and turn much, and are fairly heavy sleepers. Wrong on both counts. :) I roll around a lot, and the crinkling wakes me up a bit, but...

In GEAR » Is a thermarest "Neo-Air" actually worth the price difference?
April 11, 7:38am

Thanks
Thanks for this. I was thinking about it just the other day.

In Packrafting » Alpacka inflation bag w/ neo air
April 08, 10:04pm

Re: Fleece reconsidered
As near as I have been able to tell, softshells are just fleece with special napping and DWR. Not worth the premium price when a regular fleece can be layered under varying shells just as well. Fle...

In GEAR » Fleece reconsidered
April 08, 6:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Waterlogged
Me neither, Jerry.

In Philosophy & Technique » The Hype of Dehydration and Heatstroke
April 08, 6:47pm

WTB: silnylon solomid
I'm comparing some ground shelters and this is the last one I'm interested in. Please PM if you have one to sell. Color preference in order: yellow, brown, grey.

In Gear Swap » WTB: silnylon solomid
April 06, 8:33am

Re: Rocky Gortex Socks with your shoe liner inside
I actually found the extra room and the slipperiness of the liner to help prevent blisters.

In GEAR » Rocky Gortex Socks with your shoe liner inside
April 05, 10:18am

Re: Re: Re: Let's just stop right there.
>>standard medical practice is to treat everyone like they have AIDS and avoid contact with body fluids Yes, I thought that was the protocol, which makes the speculation on Manscaped Rafte...

In GEAR » Adventure Medical Kits
April 05, 9:12am

Re: FS: Canon S100 (best backpacking camera?) 6.8oz
Have you tried taking out the battery between uses, or at the end of the day? I've had my eye on this camera for a while, and the battery life has been the one thing everyone has complained about.

In Gear Swap » FS: Canon S100 (best backpacking camera?) 6.8oz
April 05, 9:04am

All Reader Reviews by spelt the enigmatic

spelt the enigmatic has posted no reviews.