BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 651 - 660 of 1325 | Page: 1 ...57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ...133

Forum » Thread

Re: Bears do it in the woods.
As usual, a thread about poop is enlightening, entertaining, and horrifying by turns (Purell, Ben?!?! Alcohol-based gel anywhere near a mucus membrane or orifice sounds like a recipe for regret).

In GEAR » Still going without tp?
March 21, 11:26am

Re: Re: Backpackers and IPAs
IPAs are just an extremely popular style in general. They're not my favorite, but I generally won't turn one down.

In Chaff » "Beer in a Can"
March 21, 11:11am

comfort
Seems to me the problem is an uncomfortable windshirt. Find one that you can wear over short sleeves and the problem is solved without adding anything to your kit.

In GEAR » Shirt for chilly mornings
March 20, 9:57am

why bushwhack? b/c it's there
why tough packs? greenbriar wild rose locust devil's club blackberries/raspberries rocks spiny desert plants crabapple hawthorn...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who bushwhacks? Why?
March 17, 9:22pm

Re: The Zion Criss Cross
So many trip reports have photos of places I've never been. It was cool to be familiar with your descriptions of the Narrows. That is the best time of year for a trip, too. Great report. I wish...

In Post-Trip Reports » The Zion Criss Cross
March 17, 1:30pm

Re: Evernew
I agree with Christopher's interpretation. No long term storage of any liquid that could provide growth media for microorganisms.

In GEAR » evernew water carry
March 17, 8:41am

Luxury packs
I want Patagonia to make a $1000 pack laced with unicorn hair. If you're willing to wait, next year's model is rumored to have dragon's tooth zipper pulls.

In GEAR » Pack Weight
March 16, 1:56pm

Re: Should be fine.
Thanks, David.

In GEAR » altimeter watches on ebay
March 15, 10:19am

altimeter watches on ebay
There's a lot of these--particularly casios and highgear--that go for pretty cheap. Do the manometers lose accuracy over time or does the altimeter function remain reliable?

In GEAR » altimeter watches on ebay
March 14, 8:38pm

Re: Lost Teenage Skier Credits Reality TV Survival Skills
A lot of people with a lot more experience have done worse.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lost Teenage Skier Credits Reality TV Survival Skills
March 14, 5:02pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.