BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 651 - 660 of 1334 | Page: 1 ...57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ...134

Forum » Thread

Re: Separate sleeping clothes
I don't wear my outer layer to bed. That keeps most if not all of the dirt out.

In Philosophy & Technique » Separate sleeping clothes - yeah or nay
March 27, 12:17pm

Inverted V Duomid users: pole jack length?
Need some folks with experience here. Got a section of pipe from the hardware store to experiment and did some cutting. 12"/25cm wasn't quite long enough with 140cm poles, IMO. Wondering w...

In GEAR » Inverted V Duomid users: pole jack length?
March 27, 9:37am

All the advice you'll ever need
Well, Sean, I was going to add my $0.02 to this thread, but it seems you have all your answers already: Buy cheap to start Buy quality to start Don't buy a tent Buy the tent you really wa...

In GEAR » Most important gear item
March 25, 9:43pm

Oh, and
don't worry, Rick. I haven't attacked my xtherm with any sharp objects yet.

In GEAR » Can you shorten a Neoair?
March 25, 12:04pm

Re: "Can you shorten a Neoair?"
"I'm struggling with this issue, also. I just purchased a Big Agnes Q Core SL in the long/wide size. I'm only 5'5" so I didn't need the length, but wide only comes in long...

In GEAR » Can you shorten a Neoair?
March 25, 12:03pm

just need some superglue

In Chaff » Cougar Safety
March 25, 10:56am

I don't get it
I don't get trail names. They don't seem to be a big deal here, but they sure are elsewhere (whitblaze, through-hiker blogs). Maybe it is part of through-hiker culture but it seems a little...

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 23, 11:19am

WTB: lid for Evernew 800ml kettle
This is a long shot, but I bought one of these used without a lid and it's become my regular pot. I'm looking for a lid for it, whether that be stock, a random lid that fits, or someone'...

In Gear Swap » WTB: lid for Evernew 800ml kettle
March 23, 11:02am

Re: Every day is a learning day!!
Excellent summary!

In GEAR » Still going without tp?
March 21, 1:11pm

Re: Bears do it in the woods.
As usual, a thread about poop is enlightening, entertaining, and horrifying by turns (Purell, Ben?!?! Alcohol-based gel anywhere near a mucus membrane or orifice sounds like a recipe for regret).

In GEAR » Still going without tp?
March 21, 11:26am

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.