BPL Community Profile

Joshua Mitchell (jdmitch) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Kansas
About Me Joshua Mitchell has not added a biography yet.
CityLawrence
StateKansas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 651 - 660 of 845 | Page: 1 ...57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ...85

Forum » Thread

Nice & Burning Soot off of Ti
Nicely done, Miguel. FYI, if you're ti Pot is NOT the non-stick lined kind, I recently found an easy way to get the soot off... set the pot, empty, on a butane stove (snowpeak giga ti, etc) and let...

In Make Your Own Gear » Homemade Downdraft Gassifier Wood Buring Stove
June 13, 12:57pm

Snowpeak Ti Bowls Rule...
I've considered similar ideas (but not the same) for a snowpeak ti-bowl. what you might consider is leaving the bottom of the bowl intact and making a 'mound' in the bottom out of the cloth... ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wood/Xtreme Stove - Multi-Fuel
June 13, 12:53pm

Rolled 'Channels'?
Bill, Can you expound on / show a detailed view of those rolled channels? What are you using as a form? Do expect Ti to be harder to make the channels with? Btw - Nice Job.

In Make Your Own Gear » Wood/Xtreme Stove - Multi-Fuel
June 09, 6:57am

Never though of a flat gassifier...
It could work, though... and be simpler / more controlled than hacking up some of the snowpeak single wall cups (http://www.snowpeak.com/gears/mg001.htm)

In Make Your Own Gear » Kelly Kettle - Great stove idea
June 08, 1:03pm

Bushbuddy
Miguel, Nice catch, the stove does appear to have similar physical designs as that 500 series. However, if you notice the stand is different from the pick that... however that doesn't mean someo...

June 06, 1:15pm

Double Wall SS Woodgas Stove?
A new item for the store? Or a review of a manufacturers current model?

June 05, 3:36pm

Nope
At least as far as I'm aware. Other than the fact that both are Japanese Companies (and essentially competitors in the same market and have similar demands for their products). They may have ...

In GEAR » Are Mont Bell and Snow Peak related?
June 05, 3:34pm

Tyvek
If you get a hold of non-housewrap tyvek, I think it would work well for you. I have one of these jackets and the material is quite comfy as the 'stiffness' keep the material away from your skin...

In Make Your Own Gear » rain skirt..materials?
May 18, 9:36am

Re: Cut and Fold
Of course, you could mostly trim the folded part... then you'd gain most of the weight savings and keep a smooth edge... Nice Idea!

In Make Your Own Gear » Punching a Ti windscreen
May 06, 6:24pm

health issues...
one caveat to Vick's comment. Some fiberglass cloth may be coated with some sort of binding agent. On the first burn (and really any burn if your burning anything not just the cloth... but point it...

In Make Your Own Gear » An alcohol stove faster than a canister stove
May 04, 5:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
This is my first Merino T-Shirt (though I have a couple other manufacturers). Wore it a few days straight in super-hot/humid Boy Scout Summer Camp... little to no smell... way comfortable... man I lik...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
July 20, 12:54pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Got mine (Auto-Ignition) a couple years ago as my Xmas present to myself (single engineers have money...), loved it ever since.

In Stoves - Canister
August 02, 11:28am