BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 651 - 657 of 657 | Page: 1 ...47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Transition to a lighter pack
Johnathan - Thanks for the message! I've experimented with lightweight equipment for several years, making many really stupid mistakes and bad compromises along the way. I think yours is a g...

In GEAR » Transition to a lighter pack
May 05, 12:11am

Re: Re: Transition to a lighter pack
Russell - Thanks for the advice about the ULA pack and the need for a bear cannister. I was at the PCTA meeting this year since it was held close by in Seattle, and the debate on this issue spli...

May 05, 12:04am

Re: pack size v weight
Ian - Wow, you really are moving downward in pack size. Three months stints is a good long time to be away from home. What changes have you made in the type of equipment you bring with you? Are ...

May 04, 11:39pm

Transition to a lighter pack
First off, as a long-time lurker I do enjoy reading the posts on this site. While some of the more esoteric discussions regarding weight reduction have escaped me (you know, those replete with for...

May 03, 1:28am

Re- Marmot Pounder
Casey: Glad to be of some assistance. Where exactly are you going to in the Highlands? Are you running for 8 hours a day for a week? We saw some runners while we were there. I partook in too man...

In GEAR » Marmot Pounder
May 27, 12:16am

Cold weather sleeping bag advice sought
Hello all -- I have read many an interesting opinion on this forum and would appreciate your input. I am in the market for a 0 or 5 degree down bag to compliment a couple other bags I already...

In GEAR » Cold weather sleeping bag advice sought
May 26, 8:48pm

Re: Marmot Pounder
Having hiked the Scottish Highlands last July, I can attest that the weather can be completely unpredictable and chilly. We experienced some high winds and driving rain. The lack of trees means eve...

In GEAR » Marmot Pounder
May 26, 4:29am

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.