November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 651 - 657 of 657 | Page: 1 ...47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Transition to a lighter pack
Johnathan - Thanks for the message! I've experimented with lightweight equipment for several years, making many really stupid mistakes and bad compromises along the way. I think yours is a g...

In GEAR » Transition to a lighter pack
May 05, 12:11am

Re: Re: Transition to a lighter pack
Russell - Thanks for the advice about the ULA pack and the need for a bear cannister. I was at the PCTA meeting this year since it was held close by in Seattle, and the debate on this issue spli...

May 05, 12:04am

Re: pack size v weight
Ian - Wow, you really are moving downward in pack size. Three months stints is a good long time to be away from home. What changes have you made in the type of equipment you bring with you? Are ...

May 04, 11:39pm

Transition to a lighter pack
First off, as a long-time lurker I do enjoy reading the posts on this site. While some of the more esoteric discussions regarding weight reduction have escaped me (you know, those replete with for...

May 03, 1:28am

Re- Marmot Pounder
Casey: Glad to be of some assistance. Where exactly are you going to in the Highlands? Are you running for 8 hours a day for a week? We saw some runners while we were there. I partook in too man...

In GEAR » Marmot Pounder
May 27, 12:16am

Cold weather sleeping bag advice sought
Hello all -- I have read many an interesting opinion on this forum and would appreciate your input. I am in the market for a 0 or 5 degree down bag to compliment a couple other bags I already...

In GEAR » Cold weather sleeping bag advice sought
May 26, 8:48pm

Re: Marmot Pounder
Having hiked the Scottish Highlands last July, I can attest that the weather can be completely unpredictable and chilly. We experienced some high winds and driving rain. The lack of trees means eve...

In GEAR » Marmot Pounder
May 26, 4:29am

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.