BPL Community Profile

Warren Greer (WarrenGreer) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Warren Greer has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Warren Greer

Showing 641 - 650 of 656 | Page: 1 ...47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66

Forum » Thread

Thanks
I appreciate your copying that excerpt for me. I just found this awesome reposistory of all things backpacking a few weeks ago. Had seen it before, but thought it was just an internet store and did...

In GEAR » Montbell EX Light (5.7 oz.) vs. Arc’teryx Atom LT Jacket (11 oz.)
December 13, 10:43pm

Good match
It would match my EXL jacket. Thanks Rob. Will it breath when I'm wearing it in the sun to protect myself from the rays? I'm in SoCal where its mostly warm or warmer. Need this layer to be ...

December 13, 9:31pm

More info, cool
Mike, thanks for your pick. Good info there. All the things I want (breathble, OK under pack, etc). Eric, I gotcha there! $$ is harder to come by these days. The button-front shirt I mentioned w...

December 13, 9:05pm

I get it now
Dan, I see. It's about a real (light) layering system. And the wind shirt can be used over a lw s/s shirt or in other ways, not just over my EXL. I currently use a 5 oz. shirt (heavy by your...

December 13, 8:02pm

Windshirt!
Dan, Very appreciative of your post. I'm here to research and learn. I will be coming back to this thread to guide me in other decisions I make. Understanding the benefit a l/w windshirt can...

December 12, 8:58pm

dead bird
Ya, I'm taking my dead bird back to REI. Can't justify two $$ jackets in the closet. And that's what I thought Eric, just use the DriDuck over it if I need the extra protection. BTW Dri...

December 12, 5:10pm

Wahooo!
Aaron/Dan, Thanks for your comments. It seems that I'll be plenty happy with the Dark Navy medium-sized EXL I just ordered from ProLite. Dan/Eric, I also appreciate the comments on a wind...

December 12, 4:38pm

Birds not the word (apparently)
Dan/Mike, thanks for the comments. I think I'm much more comfortable making the move to the EXL. Eric, I'm 47 and married over 21 of those years. So, the bird is of no use to me. At leas...

December 11, 11:05pm

No sneezing
Didn't realize they were that fragile. I guess I could just wear my rain jacket over it then. Again, mostly just static and around camp is where I'll need the warmth. -I guess I shouldn'...

December 11, 8:35pm

Question
Eric, so the EXL vs. the UL is just about more durability? Is the UL warmer with that .2 oz of extra down?! Just trying to make the right choice.

December 11, 6:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Warren Greer

Warren Greer has posted no reviews.