Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 641 - 650 of 1393 | Page: 1 ...56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ...140

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Lightweight synthetic vs down quilt for summer w/bivy
The AT gets cold at the beginning in March and again at the end up in NH/ME. Most use shelters most of the way so a bivy plus tarp when needed would probably be fine. could always supplement the q...

In GEAR » Lightweight synthetic vs down quilt for summer w/bivy
June 19, 8:10am

Re: Re: Re: Works for me
"Now Jake, didn't we already decide in another thread that I take too many clothes? :) You hardcore folks could always just use leaves & pine needles to fill the stuff sack." c...

In GEAR » Best lightest pillow recommendations
June 19, 7:01am

Re: Which pack liner bag?
i got the Glad unscented trash compactor bags. i think 3-5 came in the box and fits my quilt and extra clothes with plenty of room to twist shut. you don't need the full pack to be ins...

In GEAR » Which pack liner bag?
June 18, 12:51pm

Re: Works for me
Unless you don't carry clothes that aren't worn to bed. then you have nothing to put in the stuff sack.. can carry a lighter quilt/sleeping bag if you wear insulation to bed. multiuse et...

June 18, 12:08pm

Re: Footwear coming back from an ankle injury
Tell the PT that you would like to be treated like a soccer player or football player who needs ankle strength and mobility without heavy boots. Sometimes they need to be pushed into an area they...

In GEAR » Footwear coming back from an ankle injury
June 18, 8:02am

Re: Pillows
+1 for Exped medium. can adjust the amount of air for the firmness you want and at 3oz and the size of a wallet when folded up it packs easily.

June 18, 6:46am

Re: osprey hornet 24
I use the exos 34 .. it's 2lb but it has the same basic ergonomics as my Exos 58 backpack and has the tramoline back which is nice. top could be removed but at dayhike weights it's not rea...

In GEAR » Help with choosing a light, comfortable Daypack
June 17, 9:20pm

Re: Re: Exchanging fuel on the trail
Agree Nick, I don't go out expecting help or expecting to help anyone else (unless emergency or injury situation). once you start expecting stuff you're not prepared for when it doesn...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Exchanging fuel on the trail
June 17, 9:13pm

Re: because
I HATE the term Trail Magic for 99.9% of the times it is used. I would not plan to give or receive a canister or part of one.(i'd pack out an empty one to recycle if someone asked) Pers...

June 17, 5:12pm

Re: Exchanging fuel on the trail
why would someone want your empty canister? take care of yourself. I got around 18-20 boils out of an 100g canister on the Long Trail and it still wasn't empty. If you're carrying m...

June 17, 1:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.