BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 641 - 650 of 1214 | Page: 1 ...56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ...122

Forum » Thread

Re: Neosporin
Then it becomes a matter of getting out rather than fixing yourself. There are things that you will not be able to fix and will then need to rely on your other preparations.. knowing bail out poi...

In GEAR » What do you carry for First Aid?
February 07, 1:14pm

Re: Looking for an Obscure Cup/Kettle
not metal but lighter. i use 3-4" cut off the bottom of a plastic Planters peanuts jar. scoops and fills bottles easily and weighs 19g. I put my Sawyer squeeze and folded Evernew "dir...

In GEAR » Looking for an Obscure Cup/Kettle
February 06, 4:16pm

Re: fun read
I wonder how many bushcrafters live in similar homes and drive giant SUVs only to go and destroy the woods set aside to be left alone. If you want to go play caveman then you should stick to priv...

In GEAR » Bushcrafting Gear!!!
February 06, 1:21pm

Re: Re: Another MYOG Trek Pole thread - 3.3oz per
Some are perfectly fine without straps.. I removed mine the minute i figured out how. unnecessary for how I use poles. for downhills hold the grips with the palm of your hand for more extention...

In Make Your Own Gear » Another MYOG Trek Pole thread - 3.3oz per
February 05, 10:15pm

Re: Re: hatchets
I find heavy tools like a hatchet bring too much potential for damage. If people carry it they are going to want to use it. And when you start processing large pieces then you are going to leave...

February 04, 8:52am

Re: More stuff you can probably skip...
your choices don't make a lot of sense so i'll give you a general answer from my POV. Backpacking gear in general can be used for quite a long time if treated properly and cared for. ...

February 03, 10:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bushybushybushybushybushybushy CRAFT
I think it is funny that he is self reliant except that he needs to carry 2.5lbs of cutting tools. Sounds more like he is reliant on major cutting tools and unreliable primitive firemaking. ...

February 03, 8:59pm

Re: Re: Primitive Skills
described as "an overnighter a few miles in".. multiple fire rings.. etc http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showthread.php/84221-Fresh-mountain-air-overnighter "hard to keep w...

February 03, 6:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bushybushybushybushybushybushy CRAFT
Craig they'd rather run around like Rambo showing off their knives and sometimes guns to show how "prepared" they are. ;) making ridiculous camp setups for an overnight.

February 03, 4:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: bushybushybushybushybushybushy CRAFT
I generally understand it. (don't have any interest to delve further) I just don't see the necessity of most of it. I find most of it to be very non-LNT and over the top. Seems to involv...

February 03, 3:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.