BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 641 - 650 of 1188 | Page: 1 ...56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ...119

Forum » Thread

Re: 5oz. Non-trail shoes as trail shoes?
I tried to use Brooks Pure Connects as lightweight shoes but they were awful. Which seem similar to the Drift. there is a difference between trail running and hiking. most folks don't ...

In GEAR » 5oz. Non-trail shoes as trail shoes?
January 25, 10:40am

Re: True
i dunno.. it depends where you are and where you're coming from etc. I haven't done anything in the Whites in the winter yet but would base it on tree cover if it was too windy. no ...

In Gear Lists » Winter Mt. Washington Summit List
January 24, 7:50am

Re: .
Yea.. I'm waiting until mon or tues to do a short hike near Waterville valley Have fun.. Washington isn't the only thing up there too.. if it doesn't look good there are tons of h...

January 23, 11:05pm

Mt washington conditions
real time numbers http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php better for planning.. summit forecast http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/summit_forecast.php definitely don&...

January 23, 4:42pm

Re: Tool VS. Jewel
I've read a lot of trail journals and equipment becomes an afterthought unless it fails. If it is raining all you will care about is somewhere dry and something to eat. If it is not a t-sto...

In GEAR » What's your favorite 3-season 1P tent?
January 19, 4:15pm

Re: Tent Color
They would have to order a custom color from the fabric source. No one "dyes" the fabric.. it is that color from the nylon they use to weave the fabric. you can get a LH solo or Solo...

January 19, 3:32pm

Re: Need help choosing tarp materials!
if you're going to use color as a criteria.. here ya go.

January 19, 2:38pm

Re: Why the Tarptent Contrail?
" It looks perfect combined with a Bivy Bag, if I ever decide to go that route." why would you use a bivy inside a tent?

January 19, 12:54pm

Re: AT Thru Hike Gear list
Skip the shovel, there are many many privy's and if you get stuck between you have trekking poles, stakes, sticks etc. hand sanitizer will be more useful than campsuds... which are not rec...

In Gear Lists » AT Thru Hike Gear list
January 14, 11:02pm

Re: Re: Sales
Ponchos do not really work well in the NE.. especially the white mountains which have a pretty decent amount of sketchy ups and downs where seeing your feet is quite useful. also the trails tend t...

In GEAR » Where does durability win over light weight?
January 13, 8:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.