BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 641 - 650 of 1208 | Page: 1 ...56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ...121

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bushybushybushybushybushybushy CRAFT
I think it is funny that he is self reliant except that he needs to carry 2.5lbs of cutting tools. Sounds more like he is reliant on major cutting tools and unreliable primitive firemaking. ...

In GEAR » Bushcrafting Gear!!!
February 03, 8:59pm

Re: Re: Primitive Skills
described as "an overnighter a few miles in".. multiple fire rings.. etc http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showthread.php/84221-Fresh-mountain-air-overnighter "hard to keep w...

February 03, 6:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bushybushybushybushybushybushy CRAFT
Craig they'd rather run around like Rambo showing off their knives and sometimes guns to show how "prepared" they are. ;) making ridiculous camp setups for an overnight.

February 03, 4:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: bushybushybushybushybushybushy CRAFT
I generally understand it. (don't have any interest to delve further) I just don't see the necessity of most of it. I find most of it to be very non-LNT and over the top. Seems to involv...

February 03, 3:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bushybushybushybushybushybushy CRAFT
"use only what they 'need' to get the job done" This is the modern world. you do not 'need' to damage forest areas to set up a stick shelter or cut firewood large enou...

February 03, 2:52pm

Re: Re: Re: bushybushybushybushybushybushy CRAFT
Then perhaps it is the wrong forum to discuss hatchets, large knives and building forts in the woods? Luckily my "home field" the White Mountains are not bushcraft friendly between w...

February 03, 2:20pm

Re: bushybushybushybushybushybushy CRAFT
While you are building your tree fort out of sticks and making fire like a caveman most of the people on here are hiking another 5.. 10.. 15 miles. After hiking 15-20mi the last thing i want...

February 03, 1:47pm

Re: bush
Bushcrafters in training ;)

February 03, 12:14pm

Re: Re: Bushcrafting Gear!!!
What Dale said. Other than car camping I've never had the use or desire to make a fire. My tent weighs only slightly more than your hatchet so using it for cutting limbs for a tarp is pointl...

February 03, 10:54am

Re: Re: Re: Yeesh
lol.. folks on here are carrying knives that are in the 1-2oz range.. people who carry hatchets are on their own.. i'm not packing extra FAK stuff for them.

In GEAR » What do you carry for First Aid?
February 02, 5:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.