Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 641 - 650 of 1240 | Page: 1 ...56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ...124

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Stupid Heavy
The kid i did most of the LT with earned the trailname Inspector Gadget for being stupid heavy. in the 60lb packweight range He decided to start out the trail aiming for a 10 day stretch until h...

In GEAR » Examples of "Stupid Heavy"
February 22, 3:53pm

Re: Re: Re
I would not use the exped as a sit pad. i think the small chunk of Z-rest is fine if you need such a thing. in not winter a 12x12 piece of tyvek to keep your pants dry would probably be enough.

In Gear Lists » First <15 lb. Base Weight
February 22, 7:48am

Re: Exped Air Pillow UL?
Not for me.. it is higher on the edges than the middle so you stay pretty well. I don't inflate it all the way so when i lay down it squishes down in the middle anyway. if i'm not wea...

February 21, 10:54pm

Re: Heavy
on my LT trip in a fit of "don't shop while you are hungry" i bought 4 days of food for a 2 day stretch to my next stop. What I wanted to be a nice light shot from one friends house...

In GEAR » Examples of "Stupid Heavy"
February 21, 9:09pm

Re: Re: Coffee - carry a mug?
short/wide version. with the metal ring cut off 25g. I mark the side with 3/4c and 1c measurements. I use mine for Hot chocolate since coffee is gross ;) also good for oatmeal,cream of wheat ...

In GEAR » Coffee - carry a mug?
February 21, 3:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: A few more ideas
I use a 6x6 piece of Shamwow/pack towel for a pot holder. i only boil water so i use it to wipe out my pot and keep my stove from rattling in the pot. i have the Exped air pillow and happily a...

February 21, 2:44pm

Re: Mosquitoes Ignore DEET After Repeated Exposure
I hardly use bug spray up here in the NE.. smells gross.. tastes worse.. not good for gear etc. a light long sleeve shirt, headnet and light pants go a lot further.

In GEAR » Mosquitoes Ignore DEET After Repeated Exposure
February 21, 11:46am

Re: A few more ideas
i have the DeFeet duragloves and have liked them so far. i think they were around 4oz http://www.defeet.com/60300/i1364671/733771/Duragloves-Wool/Duraglove-Wool-Charcoal.html going from a 9...

February 20, 9:16pm

Re: Ray Jardine
"Does anybody think that his invention of the spring loaded camming device could have been a reason for his relative fame in lightweight backpacking? I think he was pretty well known before he...

In GEAR » Which cannonballs should I be looking at?
February 19, 12:45pm

Re: CF rod external pack
to be fair, the CF they use for bows is not in tube form and is layed up so it will bend. carbon arrows also have flex as do aluminum arrows which are tubes but that is not the same as bendin...

In Multiple Use Gear » What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
February 18, 9:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.