BPL Community Profile

Ike Jutkowitz (Ike) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Michigan
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks, with my first backpacking experiences on the Northville-Placid Trail. Avid fly fisherman and runner, occasional rock climber and mountain biker. Now living in Michigan which has put a damper on vertical endeavors.
My PDF Gear ListTrap Hills 3 season gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ike Jutkowitz

Showing 631 - 640 of 916 | Page: 1 ...55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ...92

Forum » Thread

re: Places to paddle
Hi Rog, I don't know that I've thought beyond my training plan which was as follows: Inland lakes: Sylvania Wilderness Area and McCormick Tract Canoe trails Relatively calm rivers: Manis...

In Packrafting » Help for a prospective packrafter
October 18, 5:38pm

re: West Canada Lakes
Thanks Matty. Awesome pictures. Looks like you had much better weather than I did. It was cool to see some recent sights from a different perspective. Ike

In Post-Trip Reports » West Canada Lakes Loop and a few peaks!
October 18, 5:00pm

Don't fear Michigan
Hi Stephen, Don't worry about the cold. Winter camping in Michigan is easy. No altitude, generally mild weather, and only moderate snow accumulation (except around the Great Lakes). Clothes...

In GEAR » Moving to Michigan, need advice on Winter Camping\Day Hiking kit
October 18, 4:43pm

winter jacket pairings
Similar to the posters above, I use a merino baselayer, windshirt, nanopuff, and down sweater to temps below zero in Michigan winter. I like this combo for versatility of layering, and because i...

In GEAR » What winter jacket needed when paired with nano puff
October 18, 12:59pm

re: help
My ultimate goal is whitewater. Because I solo most of my trips, I plan to start on calmer waters until pretty comfortable. I'd like to make my purchases with the goal of being able to do class...

October 18, 8:34am

Footwear for crooked toes
+1 to a larger footbox. I've become a huge believer that most blisters are caused by poor fitting shoes. Injinji toe socks may also help to limit the friction of your toes rubbing to some degree.

In Philosophy & Technique » Footwear for crooked toes
October 18, 7:26am

re:
Thanks Dave. Seems like each time I finish a trip (and before I've even made it home) I'm already asking myself "What next". Your trip reports and blog had a lot to do with the a...

October 17, 11:01am

Re: NPT
Hi Tom, Thank you and your group for all of your hard work. I couldn't believe how much effort had gone into trail maintenance by the time I passed through. I met a really nice couple of trail...

In Post-Trip Reports » Northville-Placid Trail: From Past to Present
October 16, 4:04pm

Help for a prospective packrafter
Looking to take my self-propelled backcountry travels to the next level and have started saving up for packrafting gear. I've read Roman Dial's book, these and the packrafting.org forums, a...

October 16, 1:30pm

Most excellent
Thanks for a great read to go with my morning coffee. That section will definitely be on my list.

In Post-Trip Reports » NEWTON AND LAZARUS' EXCELLENT 100 MILE ADVENTURE
October 15, 5:25am

All Reader Reviews by Ike Jutkowitz

Ike Jutkowitz has posted no reviews.