BPL Community Profile

Ike Jutkowitz (Ike) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Michigan
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks, with my first backpacking experiences on the Northville-Placid Trail. Avid fly fisherman and runner, occasional rock climber and mountain biker. Now living in Michigan which has put a damper on vertical endeavors.
My PDF Gear ListTrap Hills 3 season gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ike Jutkowitz

Showing 631 - 640 of 899 | Page: 1 ...55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ...90

Forum » Thread

hanging a bag
Honestly, for me it's largely about convenience- takes up less space this way and the bulky storage bag is no longer constantly rolling off my closet shelf. The reason I tried it in the first p...

In GEAR » best way to hang WM bag?
October 11, 7:59pm

Hanging WM bag
I use plastic clip hangers that come with my kids clothing. The bag is folded in half (to keep it from touching the floor) and clipped at hood and foot. The cloth bag WM includes with the sleeping ...

In GEAR » best way to hang WM bag?
October 10, 9:41am

Thank you
After posting this report, I was anonymously gifted two of Kat P's beautiful hats for my girls. I have a pretty good suspicion of who might have done this, but will respect their anonymity and ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Northville-Placid Trail: From Past to Present
October 09, 6:03am

Ex light down vest
This is a great vest. I picked one up a couple of months ago. My size medium weighs 3.6 oz. Worn under a windshirt, it seems to be all the insulation I need down to about 40F. Love the high collar ...

In GEAR » Received my MontBell EX Light Down Vest & Weighed it.
October 08, 8:45am

Flowed Lands
These are great pictures, Bryce. Looks like you timed the weather perfectly too. Thanks for posting!

In Post-Trip Reports » Flowed Lands/Hanging Speak Falls/Mt. Marshall in ADK Western High Peaks
October 07, 8:50pm

Northville-Placid Trail: From Past to Present
I started backpacking because of a dog. He was a big red dog of questionable descent, what the locals called a “Rock” (mixed breed Rottweiler). I had rescued him off the streets of West Philly ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Northville-Placid Trail: From Past to Present
October 07, 4:56pm

re: colorado trail
I know this must have been a difficult trip to live, and then relive in writing, but it was extremely well written and moving. Thank you for sharing it. I started backpacking because of an adv...

In Post-Trip Reports » The Colorado Trail - a Weminuche Alternative
September 23, 4:58pm

XUL tarp cord
Hopefully 3 lb test was a typo. This would snap in a light breeze. I'd be thinking more like one of the 60-80 lb test braided lines like spiderwire. Not sure what these weigh, but I'd guess...

In GEAR » XUL Tarp Cord
September 21, 12:20pm

re: father/daughter adventure
Thanks for sharing this, Thom. I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old daughter that have started coming on overnight trips with me. This uninterrupted time together is about as good as it gets. I lov...

In Post-Trip Reports » Father / Daughter Adventure
September 19, 6:30pm

Trip reports
I look to trip reports for inspiration- places I'd like to see, techniques I'd like to try, or just a different way of viewing the world. Like reading a good book, I want to be drawn into t...

In Post-Trip Reports » What makes a good trip report?
September 18, 1:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Ike Jutkowitz

Ike Jutkowitz has posted no reviews.