Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken Bennett (ken_bennett) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale southeastern usa
About Me Hiker, photographer, etc.
Statenorth carolina

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Bennett

Showing 621 - 630 of 679 | Page: 1 ...49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Forum » Thread

Re: Specific query about Icebreaker tops
Hi, Matt, I have an Icebreaker Bodyfit 260 zip-tee top in size Large. I hesitate to tell you that it fits me perfectly, and I am 6-2 and 205, with a 44 inch chest and 37 inch waist. It fits me s...

In GEAR » Specific query about Icebreaker tops
February 11, 7:20am

Re: Re: Homemade bivy.
Thanks, Mikey. I do have enough slack in the netting, but I didn't install a pullout. I've been using a similar commercial bivy for about 8 years now, and the netting never bothered me (and...

In Make Your Own Gear » Homemade bivy.
February 02, 5:03am

Homemade bivy.
My lovely and talented spouse, whom I love dearly and forever made my new ultralight bivy sack this afternoon. She gave up a perfectly good snow day from school to do it, too. The bivy has a si...

In Make Your Own Gear » Homemade bivy.
February 01, 6:07pm

re: ION, Thanks Michael
Thanks, Michael. I appreciate you talking to Marmot. I'm also heartened to learn that I am not crazy -- that this new Ion is much less breathable than my wife's 2-year-old Ion. It's goi...

In GEAR » How to identify Pertex Quantum?
January 31, 11:27am

Re: WIND SHIRT HELP!!!
A simple nylon anorak makes a great windshirt any time of year. The concept is simple: a very light wind-resistant layer over a light base layer is useful for hiking in cold weather, or for bre...

In GEAR » WIND SHIRT HELP!!!
January 29, 7:04pm

Re: Tent vs. Tarp
Well, you've pretty much figured out the question. The answer, like so many things in backpacking, is: 'it depends.' I have a Henry Shires Tarptent - the original Rainshadow. I love it....

In GEAR » Tent vs. Tarp
January 27, 7:35pm

Re: Starlite
I've been using the SMD Starlite for 3 seasons now, and love it. If you're willing to go to 2-pounds or so for the pack, I've found that it carries better than a frameless ruck. I do us...

In GEAR » The right pack for the job
January 26, 3:27pm

Re: best all around bivy set up.
I've been using am old breathable bivy (DWR but not at all waterproof) for about 8 years. It's great under a tarp, or out under the stars, or in a trail shelter. It keeps me on my sleeping ...

In Make Your Own Gear » best all around bivy set up.
January 25, 6:23am

Re: Hood Construction
Pete, I like the collar idea, too. I will say that the most annoying thing about my Golite poncho tarp is the loud rattling of the fabric when the hood is up. (I suspect that the spinnaker fabri...

In Make Your Own Gear » Favorite Poncho Tarp Setup
January 24, 10:07am

the Megalite is pretty big...
...for a mummy bag. My long model has a 64-inch interior girth -- compare that to the 58 or 59-inch girth of some traditional mummy bags, and it's plenty big enough for me (6-2, 210). I have en...

In GEAR » WM Megalite
January 24, 9:57am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Bennett

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
The newest version is the Photon Freedom To The Max, which uses some sort of new technology in the LED that doubles brightness while not using any more battery power. Nice. The Doug Ritter edition ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 17, 6:10pm

Marmot Ion
I just received my Marmot Ion jacket from Campmor, and I agree with the two most recent posts. I don't think it's sil-nylon, exactly, but my hiking test had water beading up on the inside whil...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 17, 6:04pm