Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken Bennett (ken_bennett) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale southeastern usa
About Me Hiker, photographer, etc.
Statenorth carolina

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Bennett

Showing 621 - 630 of 712 | Page: 1 ...53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Son of Ricoh GR D
>>>Ah - I am going to have to disagree with you here. The Wikipedia entry you gave is VERY misleading and out of date. It should be replaced imho with a more up-to-date entry. I think the ...

In Photography » Son of Ricoh GR D
December 07, 10:55am

wool
Cold and wet implies above-freezing temps. I like the Smartwool Adrenaline Light Cushion. Even with mesh trail runners, they keep my feet warm (though not dry) while hiking, and the combination ...

In GEAR » Looking for socks to wear with trail runners
December 06, 7:35pm

department of redundancy department
You've identified the problem -- too much clothing. I understand wanting to be clean, but the reality is that when you get on the trail, your idea of "clean" will change some. I li...

In Gear Lists » help with thru hike gear.TOO MUCH STUFF
December 04, 6:42pm

fuel tests
allison, I posted my test results here on 1/17/07. Basically half an Esbit tab never brought 12 ounces of water to a boil. Half a Firelight tab did it in 9 minutes. --Ken

In GEAR » Solid fuel users
December 03, 9:11am

make your own
Can you sew? You can make a light and *very* breatheable bivy using Momentum 90 fabric from thru-hiker.com. Use silnylon for the floor, M-90 for the top, and mesh over the head and face. Mine is 8 ...

In GEAR » Shelter and Rain Gear and Bivy
December 02, 9:33am

well, IME it's colder
We've done the zipped-together thing. It's not possible to snug down the hood, so you end up losing a lot of heat out the top of the bag(s), plus every time someone moves, a large draft of ...

In GEAR » Zipping bags together
December 01, 6:54am

eins right
Eins is right. Unzip the sleeping bag all the way. At the very bottom, you will notice that the zipper separates into two pieces, like a jacket. One side of the zipper will have the slider(s). ...

In GEAR » Zipping bags together
November 30, 7:13pm

swapped hip belts
I have been using the SMD Starlite for a few years now, and swapped out the stock belt for a ULA belt. I can't compare it to the Vapor Trail, though, as I've only tried one of those in a st...

In GEAR » Backpack Comparison Question
November 30, 7:05pm

mistrals, others
I have a couple of pairs of the Mistral pants (good sales, what can I say?) I wear them to work, mostly, because they stretch and are basically bombproof. I do find the fabric takes a long time to ...

In GEAR » Need help with sof shell pants!
November 29, 7:28pm

fuel
I use the Firelite tablets, usually 1/2 of a 14g tab is enough to boil 500ml of water. It has taken more fuel in very cold and windy weather (worst case was 2 full tabs for morning coffee at an A.T...

In GEAR » Solid fuel users
November 29, 7:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Bennett

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
The newest version is the Photon Freedom To The Max, which uses some sort of new technology in the LED that doubles brightness while not using any more battery power. Nice. The Doug Ritter edition ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 17, 6:10pm

Marmot Ion
I just received my Marmot Ion jacket from Campmor, and I agree with the two most recent posts. I don't think it's sil-nylon, exactly, but my hiking test had water beading up on the inside whil...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 17, 6:04pm