BPL Community Profile

Ken Bennett (ken_bennett) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale southeastern usa
About Me Hiker, photographer, etc.
Statenorth carolina

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Bennett

Showing 621 - 630 of 671 | Page: 1 ...49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Forum » Thread

Re: Hood Construction
Pete, I like the collar idea, too. I will say that the most annoying thing about my Golite poncho tarp is the loud rattling of the fabric when the hood is up. (I suspect that the spinnaker fabri...

In Make Your Own Gear » Favorite Poncho Tarp Setup
January 24, 10:07am

the Megalite is pretty big...
...for a mummy bag. My long model has a 64-inch interior girth -- compare that to the 58 or 59-inch girth of some traditional mummy bags, and it's plenty big enough for me (6-2, 210). I have en...

In GEAR » WM Megalite
January 24, 9:57am

Re: Windpants as useful as Windshirt?
I have a pair of homemade wind pants from 1.1oz ripstop. Like an ultralight windshirt, I find that they are much warmer than their weight would indicate. I use them instead of light long john botto...

In GEAR » Windpants as useful as Wshirt?
January 22, 4:43pm

Re: Poncho/tarp Answer
Thanks, everyone. I thought I was way past having to use my high school geometry in my life, but apparently it's going to come back to haunt me. Thinking back on last night's trial, I pulle...

In GEAR » A little help with a poncho tarp
January 22, 5:19am

A little help with a poncho tarp
Greetings, I need some help rigging a poncho tarp in the half-pyramid setup. I want the whole tarp to be raised up off the ground a few inches. To that effect, I have added 8-inch aircore guylin...

In GEAR » A little help with a poncho tarp
January 21, 7:41pm

Re: Backpacker's "Gear Guide" just out
My favorite page in the new BP Gear Guide is the last one, where they manage to knock over 11 pounds out of the 'average' pack, then they ADD BACK IN ten pounds of 'luxuries.' Thing...

In GEAR » Backpacker's "Gear Guide" just out
January 21, 2:24pm

Re: Marmot Ion
Mike, the Ion is winging it's way westward as we speak. Open the package carefully -- the bright orange color can blind you unless you take precautions. Just drop me a note when you get it. ...

In GEAR » How to identify Pertex Quantum?
January 19, 7:31pm

Re: Followup: Semi-controlled fuel tab test
Hi, Robert, Thanks for the idea. For now I am just dumping the liquid, and letting the rest harden on the bottom of the stove. Ah well. Follow up test, part 2. I decided to try heating 3 cups...

In GEAR » FireLite tablets
January 18, 3:47pm

Followup: Semi-controlled fuel tab test
After my initial comments, above, I decided to do a slightly more controlled test of Firelite and Esbit tabs. Set up: 12 ounces of cold tap water in my Snow Peak 700; the Firelite Ti stove; and...

January 17, 5:14pm

Re: FireLite tablets
I just got my Firelite Ti stove and my Firelite 14g tablets, and did a quick test on my deck. I was intrigued by the claims on the page: "FireLite Solid Fuel Tablets burn with no smoke, th...

January 16, 4:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Bennett

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
The newest version is the Photon Freedom To The Max, which uses some sort of new technology in the LED that doubles brightness while not using any more battery power. Nice. The Doug Ritter edition ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 17, 6:10pm

Marmot Ion
I just received my Marmot Ion jacket from Campmor, and I agree with the two most recent posts. I don't think it's sil-nylon, exactly, but my hiking test had water beading up on the inside whil...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 17, 6:04pm