Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken Bennett (ken_bennett) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale southeastern usa
About Me Hiker, photographer, etc.
Statenorth carolina

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Bennett

Showing 621 - 630 of 728 | Page: 1 ...54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73

Forum » Thread

no
I have several merino base layers, and when they get fully soaked, they don't dry overnight. That's when I experience the joy of putting on my wet clothes in the morning. I had the same...

In GEAR » merino base layer q
September 20, 3:07pm

rainshadow
I would take the Rainshadow just to give him thrashing room at night or on a rainy day. My wife and I used our Rainshadow as a two-person tent for a while after our daughter went to college, and al...

In GEAR » low cost, ultralight tent for dad and toddler
September 20, 3:04pm

gossamer gear squall
The DR is about the same weight as the Rainshadow II, as is the Lunar Duo. The Squall is lighter, but I think the only significantly lighter 2-man is the Spinnaker Squall from Gossamer Gear. We...

In GEAR » 2 person tent vs Double Rainbow...
September 16, 5:24pm

belt and suspenders for me
I got the 70d floor, and I carry a polycro groundsheet. Rationale: I need a dry place to put my gear when packing up on a wet morning, plus I like to have the groundsheet for breaks, and cowboy cam...

In GEAR » Lunar Duo 30d vs 70d floor option
September 12, 4:29pm

700/900
I would be interested in lids for the 700 and 900. Right now I use folded heavy duty aluminum foil.

In Gear Deals » Snowpeak 600 lids are here!
September 10, 10:27am

"best" way and size
For a beginning tarper, I would highly recommend an 8x10-foot silnylon tarp, set up in a A-frame configuration. The Equinox tarp available from Campmor is not too expensive and makes a great starte...

In GEAR » setting up Golite poncho tarp
September 04, 9:53am

semi-UL pack
The Six Moon Designs Starlite is semi-UL, with the optional aluminum stays it easily carries 35+ pounds. I've been using mine since 2004, and love it.

In GEAR » Semi-UL backpack suggestion
September 04, 9:42am

Re: spinnaker cape
"And finally, would Mr. Ron Moak maybe make me a spinnaker model without the pocket if I was real nice to him and paid him handsomely?" You can ask him, but I suspect not. The various ...

In GEAR » What's the perfect poncho tarp?
September 04, 9:36am

Internal frame pack as backrest
I too read Fletcher early in my backpacking career. I never understood the problem with using an internal frame pack as a backrest. I just lean my pack against a tree, with the suspension facing ou...

In GEAR » The Colin Fletcher Easy Chair
August 29, 7:28pm

tall people can't be UL?? :-)
Agree with Brett. I am always amazed when I weigh my wife's gear and clothing versus my own. She is 5-4 and I am 6-2. That ten inches in height (and ~70 pounds in mass) makes a big difference.

In GEAR » Backpacking Weight Ranks
August 17, 6:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Bennett

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
The newest version is the Photon Freedom To The Max, which uses some sort of new technology in the LED that doubles brightness while not using any more battery power. Nice. The Doug Ritter edition ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 17, 6:10pm

Marmot Ion
I just received my Marmot Ion jacket from Campmor, and I agree with the two most recent posts. I don't think it's sil-nylon, exactly, but my hiking test had water beading up on the inside whil...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 17, 6:04pm