BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 6151 - 6160 of 6607 | Page: 1 ...607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ...661

Forum » Thread

Re: backcountry.com can eat my shorts
"I guess I should mention how picky I am with brands that I buy. I won't buy anything from: Patagonia, TNF, Columbia, Cloudveil, OR, Black Diamond, backcountry.com, REI, and Mountain Haard...

In GEAR » Help me choose a softshell jacket
December 11, 12:25pm

Re: thanks
"I have 2 little kids, so I'll probably do some heavy backpacking and take them out on a couple short trips too." Talk to Doug Johnson about this. He backpacks with two little kids...

In Gear Lists » trying to understand backpacking light
December 11, 12:22pm

Re: Are Nunataks good or just lack of competition?
"What I'm wondering, is will cottage competition finally come from the hammock people? There are at LEAST three different makers coming out with topquilts in the near future. There are no ...

In GEAR » Are Nunataks good or just lack of competition?
December 11, 10:41am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Harems...
"The rifle/gun difference is sort of a running military gag. I'm not going to elaborate..." Just watch Full Metal Jacket....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trekking and hunting
December 10, 9:59pm

Re: Re : MLD Gaiter performance?
Hi Mike, I'll make you a deal. I have a used pair of the MLD short gaiters, used all last summer. They're still in quite usable shape, though. No rips, tears, stains, etc. You can hav...

In GEAR » Short, soft-shell gaiter for trail shoes in snow
December 10, 9:48pm

Boat Knife or Becker Necker
Ka-Bar Becker Necker (notice the integrated bottle opener/wire breaker) http://www.agrussell.com/product.asp?pn=KABKhhh11CSM&bhcd2=1260503541 or the D. H. Russell Canadian Boat Knife ht...

In GEAR » What knife do you carry backpacking?
December 10, 8:55pm

Re: Short, soft-shell gaiter for trail shoes in snow
The MLD eVent gaiters wouldn't work for you?

In GEAR » Short, soft-shell gaiter for trail shoes in snow
December 10, 8:32pm

Re: Re: Are Nunataks good or just lack of competition?
"Skaha pullover which I'm waiting on now" Forgot about those. In addition to the quilts (well, one's a Raku, not a quilt) I also own a Skaha sweater with hood and a Skaha vest ...

December 10, 6:24pm

Re: Win?
"He didn't win! What a different world it might be had that one gone to the Supreme Court." The first one did go to the Supreme Court. No one really contested the second. Well, ...

In Chaff » How Did BUSH WIN...?
December 10, 3:09pm

Re: Are Nunataks good or just lack of competition?
"Are Nunatak quilts really all that great" Hi Tom. This is, of course, a question without a definitive answer. To me, yes, they are that great. They're well made, I can have it tai...

December 10, 2:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am