BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 6151 - 6160 of 6564 | Page: 1 ...607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ...657

Forum » Thread

Re: Your best gear of 2009
2009 was the first year I really started to adopt the UL mindset, so this is a bit difficult for me. I switched over to a ULA Ohm from a Gregory Z55, and started loving (backpacking) life. Bought a...

In GEAR » Your best gear of 2009
December 06, 10:06am

Re: $$$$$
Calling things that you don't agree with or simply don't understand retarded is .... you see this coming, you've got to see this coming .... retarded. What is it with the wholesale i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PLB's, SPOTS vs. Cutting the Cord
December 05, 10:41pm

Re: Re: it's your fault
So I go to a bicycling film festival for the evening, and I get back and find that I missed some wonderful flame war, and half the posts are erased! What's the fun in that! Sheesh, a guy can...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trekking and hunting
December 05, 10:25pm

Re: ~***Brings out the Calculator***~
"The way I see it is that your making a nice ~$40-$50 profit on each one" I see no problem with this at all. That is how our economy operates. WM makes a profit on each one. Moosejaw m...

In Gear Swap » FS: Western Mountaineering SummerLite and UltraLite
December 05, 9:48am

Re: REI Thermos Parts
Have you asked REI if they can get a replacement stopper for you?

In GEAR » REI Thermos Parts
December 04, 8:38pm

Re: How powerful a light for road biking/commuting?
Don't lose sight of the gear you already have. A good backpacking headlamp can work just fine for bike commuting. In the past, I often preferred one to a 'bike light' because trails and...

In GEAR » How powerful a light for road biking/commuting?
December 04, 8:25pm

Re: Re: Off-Trail Lightweight Backpacking Philosophy
"What would it take? How far could I go?" Ah, you're very much where I am these days. I tell people that I plan to retire in no more than 5 years, hopefully closer to 3. I'll h...

In Philosophy & Technique » Off-Trail Lightweight Backpacking Philosophy
December 04, 8:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Subsistence
"I'd be very impressed if you can get 16oz of meat off one squirrel :)" Well now Dan, we don't have them scrawny squirrels you have up in Canada down here..... ;-)

In Philosophy & Technique » UL with a gun?
December 04, 7:05pm

Re: FS: BPL Cocoon Pro 60 side zip pants-SOLD
Pants have been sold.

In Gear Swap » FS: BPL Cocoon Pro 60 side zip pants
December 04, 6:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: UL with a gun
"That doesn't seem worthless to me. And after all, some would argue that going for long walks is pointless anyway." Going for long walks is completely pointless. That's the ...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL with a gun?
December 04, 3:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am