BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 6151 - 6160 of 6597 | Page: 1 ...607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ...660

Forum » Thread

Re: OK, so
"I would love a possum down glove but they are on backorder and have been for a while now." You can get them from a company in NZ. Same (as far as I can tell) as the BPL gloves, only c...

In GEAR » Lightweight windproof/waterproof gloves?
December 10, 2:24pm

Re: How Did BUSH WIN...?
"Folks, regardless of whether you feel attacked by making an open post because some people might actually disagree with you, sending PM's to people with the same mindset as yourself is lik...

In Chaff » How Did BUSH WIN...?
December 10, 2:20pm

Re: Re: How Did BUSH WIN...?
"The saddest thing about national elections is it's guaranteed that some politician will win :(" I think the saddest thing about national elections, at least in the US, is that wel...

In Chaff » How Did BUSH WIN...?
December 10, 2:17pm

Re: nice.. if only I could order them right now..
"Are the extenders available atm? Plus, looks like the LT4's are out of stock, any idea how long restock normally takes for those?" Best thing to do is write GG directly and ask, o...

In GEAR » GG or TiGoat Trekking Poles?
December 10, 1:31pm

Re: What to do in PA?
Black Forest Trail is one of my favorites, but there is a significant water crossing unless you take a detour. Also take a look at the Quehanna Trail (while it is a 75-mile loop, there are tons of ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » What to do in PA?
December 10, 10:45am

Re: Thanks for all the response..
"although I'm working on a single pole pitched mid, and the ability to join the two Ti poles is what keeps dragging me back to them.." Javan, with the carbon fiber extender for the...

In GEAR » GG or TiGoat Trekking Poles?
December 10, 10:36am

Re: Re: Macpac news (tents)
"Oh yeah, lucky us...SALE TIME" You've got a bit of a mean streak in you, don't you.... ;-)

In GEAR » Macpac news (tents)
December 09, 5:59pm

Re: MYO trail bars/meals
I wouldn't think you'd need a dehydrator to make your own trail bars. To make dehydrated meals, of course. But not trail bars.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » MYO trail bars/meals
December 09, 5:43pm

FS: OES MacCat Deluxe
OES MacCat Deluxe, sil, used once. 2009 Model (Gen 3). $100 shipped to lower 48 by USPS.

In Gear Swap » FS: OES MacCat Deluxe
December 09, 3:21pm

Re: Re: Re: Bivy Upgrade
The Soul bivy has a zippered net hood, the Alpine bivy does not. I guess that's the biggest difference in favor of the Soul.

In GEAR » Bivy Upgrade
December 09, 3:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am