Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 6151 - 6160 of 6789 | Page: 1 ...607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ...679

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: Lots o' stuff - last price drop
More of a nudge than a bump. A jostle, perhaps.

In Gear Swap » FS: Lots o' stuff
December 30, 4:01pm

Re: overkillerz
Side sleeping is not a problem at all, I do it anytime I use a bivy. Just ensure the bivy is big enough around (girth) to fit you and what you want to put in it.

In GEAR » REI Bivy sack
December 30, 12:26pm

Re: Re: Re: New Duomid!
I've used lighter reflective line I bought from Gossamer Gear in the MLD linelocs. Never had a problem (SpeedMid). But, I haven't had it in high wind either.

In GEAR » New Duomid!
December 30, 12:05pm

Re: REI Bivy sack
A few comments: Most reviewers on the REI site liked it, but nearly all had problems with condensation inside the bivy. If you're using it in cold weather, you should consider a synthetic ba...

In GEAR » REI Bivy sack
December 30, 12:02pm

Re: Washing clothes
From "How Stuff Works:" "Baking soda makes a great laundry product because of its mild alkali qualities. Dirt and grease are easily dissolved, while clothes are softened. It is es...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Washing clothes
December 30, 11:35am

Re: Hexamid-Twin
"I suppose I could carry collapsable poles of some type?" Just a thought, but perhaps you could order the Lightrek 4s and ask that the cork handles and bottom tip pieces come separate ...

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
December 30, 8:09am

Re: FS: Lots o' stuff - last price drop
last price drop, then it's back to the gear room.

In Gear Swap » FS: Lots o' stuff
December 29, 10:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Unwritten Rules of Backpacking with Buddies
Okay, okay, here's mine: 1. Stay away from my scotch 2. Stay away from my hammock 3. Stay away from my food 4. Keep up, I'm not waiting 5. KEEP UP, I'M NOT WAITING (shouting in c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unwritten Rules of Backpacking with Buddies
December 29, 5:53pm

Re: @ Doug
"Doug, I'm betting that 12-pack was a box of Starbucks Italian VIA" Now THAT makes sense!

In Post-Trip Reports » BPL Mother Ship
December 29, 5:12pm

Re: BPL Mother Ship
"ps - Not to hint at anything but Peter was nice enough to bring a twelve pack of the good stuff for me" I didn't know they sold coffee in 12-packs....

In Post-Trip Reports » BPL Mother Ship
December 29, 1:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am