BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 6151 - 6160 of 6500 | Page: 1 ...607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ...650

Forum » Thread

Re: bivy help needed
Not sure what you mean by commercial, but the TiGoat Raven with full bug net hood is a great bivy.

In GEAR » bivy help needed
November 21, 2:32pm

Re: Golite reed
"What is the price on shipping for these if I order from the UK." I don't know. I have no affiliation with the site, just did a google search and they came up. You can write Mr. Ri...

In GEAR » golite reed pants
November 21, 2:29pm

Re: Re: Biomechanics - Packs
"Your lightest pack is over 2 pounds. This is considered extremely heavy for most people on this site, including myself." ULA Circuit gets lots of pretty good reviews on this site. 39 ...

In Gear Deals » Biomechanics - Packs
November 21, 2:24pm

Re: Re: Gear Announcements
"Just voicing my own view... I think it's fine for gearmakers to post/announce new products, etc. here -- as long as they clearly identify themselves -- which OP has done." +1

In Gear Deals » Biomechanics - Packs
November 21, 2:17pm

Re: Golite Reed
I wrote asking if they had stock of GoLite Reed pants in men's medium. FWIW Answer: Hi Doug, yes we do, our website is linked to our stock, and if we don't have it you can't place...

November 21, 8:33am

Re: Golite Reeds
Try here for Men's medium. They SEEM to have them.... http://www.econsciousmarket.com/site/Vendors/GoLite/Ms_Reed_Pant/

November 20, 3:54pm

Re: Re: Down Socks
"I made some basic ones that weigh less than 3 ounces, not TOO hard..." When I retire I'm gonna learn me to sew! ;-)

In GEAR » Down Socks
November 19, 5:44pm

Re: Re:Down Socks
Love my Feathered Friends down socks. They have a waterproof 'outer' so you can walk around camp wearing them, then pull the outer and just have the down inners when you climb into your bag...

In GEAR » Down Socks
November 19, 3:33pm

Re: fishing/NOVA Backpacking
I belong to a few backpacking groups through Meetup.com in NVa. One is MidAtlantic Backpackers, the other is the South Central PA Backpackers. I'm an asst. organizer in both, so I organize t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » NoVa Backpacking
November 19, 3:26pm

Re: Sleeping system & clothing in winter
"TiGoat Ptarmigan Bivy" I would recommend against this bivy if you're going to be using thick sleeping pads with high-loft bags. They're honest about its use in such situati...

In GEAR » Sleeping system & clothing in winter
November 19, 8:13am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am