Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 6151 - 6160 of 6686 | Page: 1 ...607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ...669

Forum » Thread

Re: Beautiful World, Wonderful People!
Okay, gotta add this link. It's not a song, but it is holiday related! And it's very, very funny! I send out this link every year around this time. ;-) http://thetruthagency.com/holid...

In Chaff » Beautiful World, Wonderful People!
December 17, 8:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Re. Re. Crime
"I was quite intrigued by the whole idea of the "tesguinada". ;-)" I'm heading out to a snowy, cold patch of Virginia for a bit o' backpacking this weekend! I'll ...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL with a gun?
December 17, 8:29pm

Re: Re: Re: Beautiful World, Wonderful People!
Ah, I've loved Angel from Montgomery ever since hearing the live version by Bonnie Raitt. Incredible. Okay, not really folk/bluegrass, but here's three of my favorite performers. The fir...

December 17, 8:21pm

Re: Beautiful World, Wonderful People!
Wow, Craig, thanks much. Never heard of the guy, but after the vid went to iTunes (the ultimate in UL music) and downloaded an album (Bonnie Prince Billy sings Greatest Palace Music). Great stuff. ...

December 17, 7:42pm

Re: 2010 MLD Prophet(s)
(chanting) cu-ben cu-ben cu-ben.....

In GEAR » 2010 MLD Prophet(s)
December 17, 7:29pm

Re: Gotta Spend More Money
"I'm usually hiking with my wife, so no need to suggest that I buy a smaller pot or replace the 2 person shelter with a bivy sack." Ah, bummer. You wouldn't be interested in th...

In Gear Lists » Gotta Spend More Money
December 17, 6:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: New SLOW 3oz Water Filter?
"Well, sure, one guy reviewed it... but he wasn't "one of us." What was I thinking! (now prostrate chanting 'I am not worthy, I am not worthy.....') ;-)

In GEAR » New 3oz Water Filter?
December 17, 6:52pm

Re: Re: New SLOW 3oz Water Filter?
"Can someone please buy one ASAP and report back on how easy this thing pumps and whether it clogs frequently or not? :)" Already done. Read review linked in second post.

December 17, 6:27pm

Re: Re: Most Awesome Sternum Strap In the World
"Men should be happy they can get away without one" What, you've never heard of man boobs! Mannaries!

In GEAR » Most Awesome Sternum Strap In the World
December 17, 5:29pm

Re: New 3oz Water Filter?
Never heard of it, but: http://hotdogjam.wordpress.com/2009/05/20/water-filter-review/

December 17, 5:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am