BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 6151 - 6160 of 6417 | Page: 1 ...607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ...642

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: FS: Ptarmigan bivy - price reduced
Well, yes, the REGULAR, NO OPTIONS Ptarmigan is $90 (and only $8 shipping on my invoice), but as I said in my initial post, the one up top, I have the side zip option ($25) and full net hood option...

In Gear Swap » FS: Ptarmigan bivy
November 03, 8:42pm

Re: Re: Thanks Rick
"I suspect this concept is a peculiarly American one, as I have heard before of Americans finding they can only use their cards inside the USA." That's interesting. I've used m...

In Gear Deals » Patagonia Merino 60% off. Can someone buy me some and send it to Australia?
November 03, 8:31pm

Re: Re: WTB Possumdown
Thanks for the link Lynn! Actually the postage is exceptionally reasonable! Their classic possum down gloves are USD 24.95 shipped! Just ordered a pair, I'll see how they match up to the BPL po...

In Gear Swap » WTB Possumdown
November 03, 7:48pm

Re: FS: Ptarmigan bivy - price reduced
Not really a bump. More of a tap. $105 includes shipping.

In Gear Swap » FS: Ptarmigan bivy
November 03, 7:11pm

Re: Caldera UL Compact for MLD pot - price reduced
A slight bump. A nudge really. Price dropped to $15 including shipping.

In Gear Swap » Caldera UL Compact for MLD pot
November 03, 7:09pm

Re: FS: MLD XP Large Quilt 7.5 oz insulation
What's the overall weight?

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD XP Large Quilt 7.5 oz insulation
November 03, 6:46pm

Re: Size
Just went and tried mine on. I'm normally an 8.5 foot, so I bought a pair of 9s and a pair of 10s. I first put on a pair of my regular hiking socks (Icebreaker Light Hikers) and then the Rocky&...

In GEAR » Rocky Goretex socks
November 03, 6:29pm

Re: Thanks! I'll try it.
If you have an iPhone/iPod Touch, there's this great program that shows you how to tie all kinds of knots. And it just happens to have the Tautline Hitch! Since I carry my iPhone with me while ...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape Setup
November 03, 2:05pm

Re: To all who are following this...
Congratulations!

In Gear Deals » TIM MARSHALL NEEDS YOUR HELP
November 03, 12:40pm

Re: U.S. Army "Gatewood Cape"
More than 10 years ago! I was issued one when I joined the Army in 1980. Used it extensively! A nice liner tied into it as well. I use to use it as a lightweight 'quilt' during exercises. I...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape Setup
November 03, 12:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am