Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 6151 - 6160 of 6984 | Page: 1 ...607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ...699

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: MLD Superlight Bivy
I assume this is the 2010 bivy? Does it have the net window or full net hood?

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Superlight Bivy
January 23, 12:25pm

Re: Re: Bug protection
"he is building me a custom removeable inner bug shelter." This is definitely the way to go. I answered in another thread, I think, that while you could make the MLD bug bivy work, it ...

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
January 23, 11:49am

Re: Re: Re: GOYBADSAI Plan
"It doesn't matter if you go from 2500 kcal of candy bars to 2500 kcal of salads, you will not lose weight." Agree in principle, but think more correctly stated: if you don't b...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lighten Your Heaviest Gear: You!
January 23, 7:18am

Re: BPL Absaroka Pack
"That's it, I am selling my tarp." Yeah? How much? .......

In GEAR » BPL Absaroka Pack
January 22, 7:01pm

Re: Net tent for GG SpinnTwin
"Ron at MLD is more than glad to make the Serenity with net ends instead of the sil-nylon." True, but the bug bivy is 5.5 oz and cost $125, while the Serenity is around 8 oz for $135. ...

In GEAR » Net tent for GG SpinnTwin
January 22, 6:55pm

Re: Re: MLD Net Tent
If you don't care about having sil panels at the ends (just netting) have a look at the MLD bug bivy as well.

In GEAR » Net tent for GG SpinnTwin
January 22, 6:07pm

Re: Re: Pot Without Stuffsack
"Why do people use esbit anyway?" Quick. Light. Easy. QLEa (pronounced kahlua ;-) And I use a particular, perfectly sized stuff sack as part of my kit. Keeps everything I use for co...

In GEAR » Pot Without Stuffsack
January 21, 6:13pm

Snow Peak canisters-MidAtlantic area
Hi! I've got 3 or 4 110g (I think) Snow Peak fuel canisters that I'm happy to give away since I'll never use them. Can't mail them, but if anyone lives in the MidAtlantic area an...

In Gear Swap » Snow Peak canisters-MidAtlantic area
January 21, 3:57pm

Re: Re: Pot Without Stuffsack
Depends, of course, on what you use for fuel. I burn esbit, which always leaves residue on the bottom of the pot, so I always use a stuff sack.

In GEAR » Pot Without Stuffsack
January 21, 3:40pm

Re: WTB: TiGoat Raven XL bivy
When do you need it by?

In Gear Swap » WTB: TiGoat Raven XL bivy
January 21, 2:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am