BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 6151 - 6160 of 6614 | Page: 1 ...607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ...662

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: OES MacCat Deluxe
Still available...

In Gear Swap » FS: OES MacCat Deluxe
December 11, 9:51pm

Re: Hardshell vs. Softshell
"I hope that helps." It does Juston, thanks.

In GEAR » Help me choose a softshell jacket
December 11, 2:40pm

Re: Montbell
To be honest, I haven't quite figured out the difference between softshell and hardshell. I'm old. But I have a Montbell Peak Shell that I love. It's not a 'warm' jacket I gu...

December 11, 1:16pm

Re: reasons
I appreciate someone following their conscience in a very real way, regardless of how difficult it might make things for them. Thanks for the answer.

December 11, 1:02pm

Re: On-line surveys are worse than meaningless
"They tend to only count the people who really care about a subject. This will skew the results. Then the results are actually deceiving, rather than informative." I would agree for an...

In Philosophy & Technique » SURVEY: Ultralight Hunting at Backpacking Light
December 11, 12:39pm

Re: SURVEY: Ultralight Hunting at Backpacking Light
"That was great. I just did the survey 1,468 times." I just KNEW there was a reason I pushed that submit button for the 1,469th time!

December 11, 12:37pm

Re: Re: SURVEY: Ultralight Hunting at Backpacking Light
"It would be interesting to see the results." Agreed. More interesting if more people would submit their survey (more is better, in this instance, IMO). The survey is far from perfect,...

December 11, 12:34pm

Re: backcountry.com can eat my shorts
"I guess I should mention how picky I am with brands that I buy. I won't buy anything from: Patagonia, TNF, Columbia, Cloudveil, OR, Black Diamond, backcountry.com, REI, and Mountain Haard...

December 11, 12:25pm

Re: thanks
"I have 2 little kids, so I'll probably do some heavy backpacking and take them out on a couple short trips too." Talk to Doug Johnson about this. He backpacks with two little kids...

In Gear Lists » trying to understand backpacking light
December 11, 12:22pm

Re: Are Nunataks good or just lack of competition?
"What I'm wondering, is will cottage competition finally come from the hammock people? There are at LEAST three different makers coming out with topquilts in the near future. There are no ...

In GEAR » Are Nunataks good or just lack of competition?
December 11, 10:41am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am