Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 6151 - 6160 of 7609 | Page: 1 ...607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ...761

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Trail Days 2010 - Damascus Virginia
Tom, When are you going? For the day or overnight? Camping or where are you staying? Take care, Doug

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trail Days 2010 - Damascus Virginia
May 11, 9:06pm

Re: Hammock
It's the Warbonnet Blackbird. A great backpacking hammock!

In GEAR » Cuben sleep system
May 11, 10:13am

Re: Re: Re: Durable??
I didn't turn mine inside out. They now look absolutely horrible! (of course, I also did a lousy job of seam sealing them). Bought another pair when they were on sale and haven't bothered s...

In GEAR » UL waterproof mitten shells
May 10, 9:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: MLD Duomid or Trailstar-cuben
Hey Travis, You can probably expect to wait 5-7 weeks. I believe (and someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong) Ron keeps very little in stock by way of shelters/tarps/bivies (in fact, I&...

In GEAR » MLD Duomid or Trailstar
May 10, 6:02pm

Re: Re: MLD Duomid or Trailstar-cuben
Miguel's right. I asked Ron about a cuben Trailstar, and he said the fabric needed to stretch for the Trailstar to be effective, so he wouldn't make a cuben version. FWIW.

May 10, 5:43pm

Re: Color choice
Have you considered getting it in Spinntex? Or would you consider that too fragile?

May 10, 3:15pm

Re: WTB: 16mm Pole Extender - Options
Jason, Unless you really want that particular extender, you have a couple of other options: Ron Bell at MLD sells extenders, I believe 6" and 12", but you'd have to ask him. He ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: 16mm Pole Extender
May 09, 12:48pm

Re: nice report
Thanks gentlemen, you're very kind. @Ross: I'm not much of a reviewer! I'm not patient enough. @Dean: PA has become one of my favorite places to backpack -- I like it better than ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Susquehannock Trail, PA
May 08, 9:49pm

Re: Trip Report Index
A great job Chris! I've added my Susquehannock Trail trip report to the spreadsheet!

In Post-Trip Reports » Trip Report Index
May 08, 8:06pm

Susquehannock Trail, PA
The Stroll That Turned Into A Challenge My Three-Day Adventure on the Susquehannock Trail I’m blaming it on Maddie Tormoen. The champion duathlete once said, "I only have so many mile...

In Post-Trip Reports » Susquehannock Trail, PA
May 08, 6:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am