Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 6151 - 6160 of 7198 | Page: 1 ...607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ...720

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Snacks-What's Abba Zaba & Big Hunk
What are they? (I know, I'm a philistine) Thanks.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Mid-day snacks / on the go lunch
March 04, 7:57pm

Re: Re: my list - Matt
"Also, @Doug: I laughed when I read 4 and 5 (especially the latter), but it's not my style." Hi Matt! Laughter (chuckle, grin, etc....) is what I was after. I wrote the whole thing...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unwritten Rules of Backpacking with Buddies
March 04, 7:54pm

Re: Why Should a Person Become a Member of BPL?
The forums are worth the price to me. The articles are a bonus. FWIW, I also think that the forums should be open to anyone to read, but only members should be able to post. And before the flames s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why Should a Person Become a Member of BPL?
March 04, 11:06am

Re: Re: Big Sky 1 Person Mirage
"Actually, seven minutes." You're slowing down.....

In Gear Swap » Big Sky 1 Person Mirage
March 03, 8:09pm

Re: RE: ULC Caldera Cone for SP 600
FWIW, my Ti ULC for my MLD 850 pot has always worked very well. I'll admit I've never timed it, and I use esbit not alcohol, but it doesn't seem to take much longer than my regular Ti-T...

In GEAR » Stoves / Kitchen
March 03, 7:39pm

Re: Re: He's Here!
C'mon Ben, what did karl rove ever do to you!

In Chaff » Because I can...
March 03, 6:44pm

Re: Re: Backpacking
"Christianity being intolerant and cruel to think of it as any more worthy or less worthy than other religions." C'mon Miguel, we all know that Christianity doesn't kill people...

March 03, 5:41pm

Re: Because i can
"I like wearing womens underwear. Damn, wrong forum." Not if they're white....

March 03, 5:38pm

Re: Re: Ethics
Andrew, Probably important to note that not everyone posts here when expressing interest, especially when the seller asks for a PM. So you might not have contacted him first. FWIW.

In Gear Swap » FS: WM Ultralight, Nunatak Arc Ghost
March 03, 4:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ethics
Travis, tried to read your post, but lost interest.......

In Gear Swap » FS: WM Ultralight, Nunatak Arc Ghost
March 03, 4:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am