BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 6151 - 6160 of 6629 | Page: 1 ...607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ...663

Forum » Thread

Re: bivy
Okay then: Currently, the TiGoat bivies don't accomodate a NeoAir inside, the footbox is too narrow. He's making a new one (some folks already have them) that will accomodate the NeoAir,...

In GEAR » need advice on bivy sacks
December 13, 9:59am

Re: Adventure Shed - William
Hi William, Have you received the jacket? How would you rate your experience with Adventure Shed? Just curious.

In Gear Swap » WTB Rab Momentum Jacket - Large
December 13, 9:09am

Re: Re: bogus
"It did seem that the OP has a bit of negativity about Nunatak." Hi Raymond! You're gonna love that Expedition! About the OP, I don't know. I don't think Tom necessarily...

In GEAR » Are Nunataks good or just lack of competition?
December 13, 9:07am

Re: Winos of the world, your help is needed!
Ah, Tom, I agree, no one NEEDS a titanium flask. But I wouldn't put my single malt in anything else when backpacking. It goes from my Snow Peak titanium flask to my Snow Peak titanium 7oz '...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Winos of the world, your help is needed!
December 13, 8:53am

Re: Re: MLD Colours
"Here are the colors direct from the MLD Soul Side Zip bivy site." I coulda swore that wasn't there yesterday! My eyes are staring to fail......

In GEAR » MLD Colours
December 13, 8:24am

Re: need advice on bivy sacks
Some things to think about/questions to answer so we can perhaps give you more specific advice: Will you be using it under a tarp exclusively or out in the open? What mattress/pad, if any, wi...

In GEAR » need advice on bivy sacks
December 13, 8:20am

Re: MLD Colours
This might help. http://www.thru-hiker.com/materials/breathable.php At least there's one called Coyote.

In GEAR » MLD Colours
December 12, 8:52pm

Re: So whats the opportunity of a lifetime
No idea. Joining Skurka? Joining the wilderness trekking school staff? Getting to be first in line for the next run of the Hane? Being moderator for the new UL weapons and backpacking thread?

In Chaff » So whats the opportunity of a lifetime
December 12, 8:28pm

Re: Anyone use TomTom for Iphone for Hiking GPS
Hi Roleigh, Won't work. The TomTom app is fabulous, I have it (and it blows the Google maps app away. Thursday I was heading home on 95N, an accident closed ALL lanes about 5 miles ahead. 5 ...

In GEAR » Anyone use TomTom for Iphone for Hiking GPS
December 12, 6:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Professional Backpacking.....
"Personally, I gave up a high-paying mechanical engineering career to do something I'll truly be able to be comfortable with when I'm on the dying bed. It seems normal for an American ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Professional Backpacking.....
December 12, 4:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am